Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A month ago, I started to look for a Giulia with certain color and package combination. Until today, I am still struggling to find one. And tonight, I finally realize that Alfa is a small company and the importer of Alfa is not doing a good job when making their order to the Italy factory.
I am looking for a Giulia Ti Sport. I guess most of the Alfa buyer know the racing history of Alfa. So if you are going to buy a Giulia Ti Sport, you go for their 19' 5 holes wheels. And also, you will definitely choose the performance package. But apparently, this simple fact is not considered by the US importer. You think you can buy a car with performance package at around $45,000? NO. The only car you can buy with a performance package is a fully loaded car at around $50,000. At this high price, I am sure Alfa is losing customers.
There are other issues, like the fixed color combination and other packages...

So anyway I have to choose among three cars.
Car 1, good color, NO Apple Carplay.
Car 2, good color, with Apple Carplay. NOT in my area, I have to ask the dealer shipping the car to me, so extra cost...
Car 3, perfect exterior color, bad interior color.

It's so hard to buy a Giulia, I almost give up and turn to other brands..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why don't you just order one the way you like it?
It's all about time. At first, I thought I can find a car. But now I realized that all Giulias in the dealers is almost the same. I mean, you can find cars with the same configuration in different dealers... And now, if I order it, it will take 3 months, I don't want to wait that long.
I might buy the car from a far far away dealer. Just hope they can pay part of the shipment cost for me. Or I can just drive the car back by myself. It's only 5 hours' driving...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I realized I can flex on the interior. I wanted white ext, yellow calipers, tan int. I got white ext, red cal, red int. I adore the car - never thought I would ever buy a red interior cat.

It's all about time. At first, I thought I can find a car. But now I realized that all Giulias in the dealers is almost the same. I mean, you can find cars with the same configuration in different dealers... And now, if I order it, it will take 3 months, I don't want to wait that long.
I might buy the car from a far far away dealer. Just hope they can pay part of the shipment cost for me. Or I can just drive the car back by myself. It's only 5 hours' driving...

Reactions: moonkei

·
Registered
876 Posts
I realized I can flex on the interior. I wanted white ext, yellow calipers, tan int. I got white ext, red cal, red int. I adore the car - never thought I would ever buy a red interior cat.
Well From what i learned in Biology classes, all living animals have red interior thats cats included :grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha, you almost convinced me to buy a red interior car...
the first car is actually white ext, yellow calipers, tan int, but NO apple carplay...

·
Registered
857 Posts
A month ago, I started to look for a Giulia with certain color and package combination. Until today, I am still struggling to find one. And tonight, I finally realize that Alfa is a small company and the importer of Alfa is not doing a good job when making their order to the Italy factory.
I am looking for a Giulia Ti Sport. I guess most of the Alfa buyer know the racing history of Alfa. So if you are going to buy a Giulia Ti Sport, you go for their 19' 5 holes wheels. And also, you will definitely choose the performance package. But apparently, this simple fact is not considered by the US importer. You think you can buy a car with performance package at around $45,000? NO. The only car you can buy with a performance package is a fully loaded car at around $50,000. At this high price, I am sure Alfa is losing customers.

Car 2, good color, with Apple Carplay. NOT in my area, I have to ask the dealer shipping the car to me, so extra cost...

I gave up trying to find my perfect Giulia (Q4, Ti Sport, Sport Performance option, Stromboli Gray, Red leather int, dark 5-hole wheels, with most options but not the lane departure stuff...). I ordered it from Italy and believe it or not it took slightly under 6 weeks to get from order being sent in to delivery at the dealership in Ohio. This was far quicker that I was expecting. I've had no real issues (only one was the sunroof lost it's "brain" and had to be reset, which I did myself). Great car and well worth the 6 week wait :)

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
2019 build dates

Does anyone know when production of the 2019 Guilia's will begin? I ordered a 2019 Guilia Ti Sport on 5/31.

Grazie, Lorenzo

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's supposed to begin in early July. I'll let you know when the first MY2019 rolls off the line.
CIAO~ are you in Italy? Any news to share about the 2019 >:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gave up trying to find my perfect Giulia (Q4, Ti Sport, Sport Performance option, Stromboli Gray, Red leather int, dark 5-hole wheels, with most options but not the lane departure stuff...). I ordered it from Italy and believe it or not it took slightly under 6 weeks to get from order being sent in to delivery at the dealership in Ohio. This was far quicker that I was expecting. I've had no real issues (only one was the sunroof lost it's "brain" and had to be reset, which I did myself). Great car and well worth the 6 week wait :)
congrats on the vehicle! 6 weeks is definitely worth to wait!
I also want one with the sunroof. And I am prepared to repair it by myself too...

·
Registered
483 Posts
My car! That's the best color combo.

Look, the Nav is perfectly good and I have carplay and literally have never used it. It's not that special without a touchscreen, and the infotainment is perfectly acceptable.

haha, you almost convinced me to buy a red interior car...
the first car is actually white ext, yellow calipers, tan int, but NO apple carplay...

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the sunroof and I love it.

congrats on the vehicle! 6 weeks is definitely worth to wait!
I also want one with the sunroof. And I am prepared to repair it by myself too...

·
Registered
448 Posts

I hear you. I was in a similar situation. I was only able to get the right color, carplay, and the must have options if I bought a nearly fully loaded car with options that I originally did not want. The other option would have been to factory order the car, but then I would have had to wait and the price would have been probably more. Once we started to talk about numbers the dealer was able to gave me additional discounts that I wasn't counting on when I configured the car on TrueCar, or on Edmunds. At the end the fully loaded car was around the same price what I had in mind for my lesser equipped version. Granted, if I could have found that car I originally wanted, I could have ended up with a few grand cheaper car, but in hindsight I don't mind having the extra goodies. I think you should go with number 2, and either try to negotiate the price and have the car shipped, or try to figure out an inexpensive way to get to the out of state dealer and drive the car home. At least you will have a 5 hour blast and bond with your new Giulia.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can't believe the $2,500 price increase was approved. JK >:)
Well, it might be worth it to have all the bugs worked out since the 2017's were so problematic!!!:wink2:
If sales numbers were thru the roof, I could understand FCA raising the price of the Guilia's but sales figures are unimpressive to say the least. I doubt very highly if the price goes up significantly.:grin2:

1 - 20 of 98 Posts