2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,747 Posts
Push-pull steering?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,023 ·
Push-pull steering?
Sooner or later. And it will be the end of Mercedes, as it was the end of Ferrari. Evidently, the Germans have been much more intelligent than the Italians in keeping the cheating, sorry, the pushing the rules, going on. But, it will happen.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Sooner or later. And it will be the end of Mercedes, as it was the end of Ferrari. Evidently, the Germans have been much more intelligent than the Italians in keeping the cheating, sorry, the pushing the rules, going on. But, it will happen.
Will Mercedes receive the Lance Armstrong treatment?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
Will Mercedes receive the Lance Armstrong treatment?
That will be very fair. But, more probably, they will "reach an agreement" with FIA to protect the intellectual propriety and will keep the previous championships, not the 2021 because VER will win it.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Saving the new power unit for Saudi Arabia?

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,028 ·
Interesting. The 2022 F1 Season will have nine F2 Graduates on the grid.

1.- Why did F1 stop taking only F2 Champions?. Money?.
2.- What happened with F2 Champions like Maldonado, Glock, Grosjean, Vandoome, Gasly and Schumy Jr?. Did they get hired by mediocre F1 Teams?.
2.- Russell may be an exception. A F2 Champion, hired by a mediocre Team and got the opportunity of his life in 2022 with Mercedes.

Font Jacket Suit Technology T-shirt

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
967 Posts

2.- What happened with F2 Champions like Maldonado, Glock, Grosjean, Vandoome, Gasly and Schumy Jr?. Did they get hired by mediocre F1 Teams?.
2.- Russell may be an exception. A F2 Champion, hired by a mediocre Team and got the opportunity of his life in 2022 with Mercedes.

View attachment 119253
In my opinion, the banning of testing has led to the loss of a key development platform for rookies, ie TESTING. Then the money comes into it to make things worse.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts

View attachment 119253
from your stat 2005 to 2016, with the exception of Hamilton, Rosberg and I will throw Gasley a bone because he is still running in F1. The other drivers were marginal at best in F1. There is a very big jump from F2 to F1 and as you point out, even F2 Champions can't cut it in F1. I stopped counting how many Heisman Trophy winners never made it in the NFL.

·
Registered
580 Posts

View attachment 119253
Self-deleted because I was talking out of my behind.

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,033 ·
from your stat 2005 to 2016, with the exception of Hamilton, Rosberg and I will throw Gasley a bone because he is still running in F1. The other drivers were marginal at best in F1. There is a very big jump from F2 to F1 and as you point out, even F2 Champions can't cut it in F1. I stopped counting how many Heisman Trophy winners never made it in the NFL.
I actually think the car is the key here. I think that Russell, Maldonado, Glock, Grosjean, Vandoome, Gasly and Schumy Jr, driving Mercedes, Red Bull's and Ferrari's between 2005 and 2021 would score podiums with a high frequency. Not sure about championships but, only 5% are Champions so, that explains that part. The Heisman Trophy winners in NFL is even more pathetic but that will require another thread, before some ones start complaining.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I actually think the car is the key here. I think that Russell, Maldonado, Glock, Grosjean, Vandoome, Gasly and Schumy Jr, driving Mercedes, Red Bull's and Ferrari's between 2005 and 2021 would score podiums with a high frequency. Not sure about championships but, only 5% are Champions so, that explains that part. The Heisman Trophy winners in NFL is even more pathetic but that will require another thread, before some ones start complaining.
I don't have any stats on hand, so I don't know how this will turn out, but here's something to look into - All those drivers, how did they do compared to their F1 teammate? That would take the car out of the equation.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
True that not all f2 champions make it in F1, but look at last year with rus when he drove one week in the Williams and the next with the Merc and almost won a race. The car is just as important as the driver. A good driver cannot win in a bad car, but also just because you have a good car, doesn't mean you're good enough of a driver to win

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,036 ·
I don't have any stats on hand, so I don't know how this will turn out, but here's something to look into - All those drivers, how did they do compared to their F1 teammate? That would take the car out of the equation.
I wouldn't involve the Teammates. Not necessary, I think. I will only name the cars in those years they raced: McLaren, BMW, Williams, Lotus, Marusia/Virgin/Toyota, HAAS. Take HAM, ROS, LEC, etc and put them on a Williams, Lotus or on a Sauber (or Alfa Romeo these days) and I bet you that they will score zero (0, nada) points. The other thing is politics. I will never understand what happened with GAS in Red Bull.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
True that not all f2 champions make it in F1, but look at last year with rus when he drove one week in the Williams and the next with the Merc and almost won a race. The car is just as important as the driver. A good driver cannot win in a bad car, but also just because you have a good car, doesn't mean you're good enough of a driver to win
In todays F1 I agree 100%. The car is the edge to the driver no doubt.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,040 ·
I just ordered these two Christmas Tree ornaments. They do not have Kimi's helmet ornament, yet. And they are giving away the Hamilton's helmet ornament. Apparently no one is ordering it (Kidding !!).

This is a picture of the web page address (Sorry. Still unable to copy-paste web pages addresses in the Forums)

Font Electric blue Paper product Paper Brand

Motor vehicle Sports equipment Plant Helmet Yellow

1021 - 1040 of 1054 Posts