Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
601 - 620 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #602 ·
Really? GIO went off the track and then squeezed SAI? Please. See the sequence below. GIO in front of SAI all the time and SAI hit GIO in the back left tire with his right front tire, ending any possibilities of a good race for GIO, if he had one.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
622 Posts
Hamilton gives no room and everyone knew how that would end with that big curb where it was. Scary seeing the after images with the wheel on top of the halo

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,149 Posts
  • Angry
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hamilton gives no room and everyone knew how that would end with that big curb where it was. Scary seeing the after images with the wheel on top of the halo
Correct no room... and max went for a pass while being off the circuit anyway

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·
That penalty is a fraud and completely B.S., in my opinion. They were side by side heading down to the first corner. VER hung his car around the outside after braking late and they were practically fully alongside before the second corner.

This was the great view that HAM had about VER's position
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Car

And this is the sequence that shows that HAM squeezed VER not allowing him to pass.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Light Automotive design

·
Registered
985 Posts
That penalty is a fraud and completely B.S., in my opinion. They were side by side heading down to the first corner. VER hung his car around the outside after braking late and they were practically fully alongside before the second corner.

This was the great view that HAM had about VER's position
View attachment 116089

And this is the sequence that shows that HAM squeezed VER not allowing him to pass.

View attachment 116090
Your sequence shows on the first pic Max is pointed to go DIRECTLY OFF THE TRACK and then stays in it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Max deserved the penalty, he should have backed off like Lewis did earlier. He is a selfish petulant little jerk. Great driver, yes. But a horrible sportsman. He just walked by and didn‘t check to see if Lewis was okay. And his attitude afterwards just sucked. Jeez

Reactions: kc07zrv

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
913 Posts
Max deserved the penalty, he should have backed off like Lewis did earlier. He is a selfish petulant little jerk. Great driver, yes. But a horrible sportsman. He just walked by and didn‘t check to see if Lewis was okay. And his attitude afterwards just sucked. Jeez
He didn't need to. Hamiton was busy trying to back out and keep going, of course he was OK. Jeez. Funny, how you feel about VER is exactly how I feel about HAM, he's a whiny little bitch.

·
Registered
112 Posts
He didn't need to. Hamiton was busy trying to back out and keep going, of course he was OK. Jeez. Funny, how you feel about VER is exactly how I feel about HAM, he's a whiny little bitch.
The difference is that Verstappen actually is an arrogant, petulant jerk and desperately needs a talking to from Horner or Helmut. His lap one incident with HAM was absolutely too aggressive and would have resulted in a penalty if it had happened after the first lap, and his aggression trying to pass into a non-existent gap hurt another driver and cost both of them a race.

Your sequence shows on the first pic Max is pointed to go DIRECTLY OFF THE TRACK and then stays in it
Further, the only reason Hamilton was closing the door on him going into turn 2 was that Verstappen was clearly in the wrong position on track to actually get around the corner safely and Hamilton (and the Stewards) made the assumption that Verstappen would take the escape route (like every other driver in that position did) instead of going Kamikaze into the curb. Verstappen is a great driver but he doesn't appear to have good risk management skills. Add in the temper he was working up after that botched pit stop and a collision was bound to happen.

Really? GIO went off the track and then squeezed SAI? Please. See the sequence below. GIO in front of SAI all the time and SAI hit GIO in the back left tire with his right front tire, ending any possibilities of a good race for GIO, if he had one.

View attachment 116088
Yeah Gio re-entered unsafely and squeezed Sainz. Sainz tried to take to the grass but Gio kept moving over at a much lower speed. He received penalty points on his license as a result, it's pretty cut and dry.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,302 Posts
Ver is arrogant, but if it means ham losing then I'm all for it. Ham is very good, but put him in a car that isn't the best and he doesn't win. Next year will hopefully show how much the car matters if/when we see rus right at the top. And it sucks that ver got a penalty, but at least if he did, I'm happy ham didn't get to finish the race, nor get any points this weekend.

It's a shame what happened to gio, his pace was looking good. I really hope Alfa don't go with zhou.

And I'm really happy Ric won. It's about time. Well deserved, although I feel like bot going from 19-3 deserves to be driver of the day. It's interesting to see bot on the podium on a day like yesterday and a day when it's him and ver and ham. With ver/ham, he keeps to himself, drinks his bubbly and that's that. Yesterday however when there weren't the other two, he was celebrating and spraying bubbly over everyone. Good for him and big fu to toto

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ver is arrogant, but if it means ham losing then I'm all for it. Ham is very good, but put him in a car that isn't the best and he doesn't win. Next year will hopefully show how much the car matters if/when we see rus right at the top. And it sucks that ver got a penalty, but at least if he did, I'm happy ham didn't get to finish the race, nor get any points this weekend.
The bolded applies to basically every driver to some extent. I'm interested to see how Russel does as well, but I have a feeling he'll end up in a more supportive position his first season with Mercedes out of deference--he seems like that kind of kid. (Edit: Well I mean if I were to get into that team I for sure would look to Hamilton as a mentor first before trying to truly compete. Then again, I am for sure never going to be a WDC so who knows!

As for Verstappen getting a penalty, dude deserved it big time and has been needing to get one for a while. Even Horner didn't even really put a good defense, just trying to skate it by as a racing incident.

But yeah, very happy to see Danny and Lando up top, really good for the both of them and it seems it's going to be a lot more common the next few years. I hope so, at least...though Mercedes basically stopped development for 2021 so their 2022 car is probably going to be unreal.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,302 Posts
The bolded applies to basically every driver to some extent. I'm interested to see how Russel does as well, but I have a feeling he'll end up in a more supportive position his first season with Mercedes out of deference--he seems like that kind of kid. (Edit: Well I mean if I were to get into that team I for sure would look to Hamilton as a mentor first before trying to truly compete. Then again, I am for sure never going to be a WDC so who knows!

As for Verstappen getting a penalty, dude deserved it big time and has been needing to get one for a while. Even Horner didn't even really put a good defense, just trying to skate it by as a racing incident.

But yeah, very happy to see Danny and Lando up top, really good for the both of them and it seems it's going to be a lot more common the next few years. I hope so, at least...though Mercedes basically stopped development for 2021 so their 2022 car is probably going to be unreal.
I agree with the bolded, I'm just saying that we praise ham for being great, and while he is to an extent, it's only because his car is great, but then you have to be great to get the great car. Chicken and egg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with the bolded, I'm just saying that we praise ham for being great, and while he is to an extent, it's only because his car is great, but then you have to be great to get the great car. Chicken and egg
I mean yeaaaah he definitely wouldn't be winning races in a Haas, but from what I understand he's regarded by most of the drivers, including WDC winners, as one of the greatest ever.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,149 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: bluzman

·
Registered
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
So on Sunday it's all about #endracism and #weraceasone at Monza and on Monday you need to have a certain skin color to sit at his $275K table. What am I missing here?
He's promoting minority designers who are often excluded from events like this for lack of capital or relationship to existing industry leaders. Part of ending racism is acknowledging that the existing system was built up with racism as a tool and it's going to take changes to remove those lingering elements. The whole color blind thing does nothing to acknowledge problems of the past and is therefore unable to correct them.

601 - 620 of 647 Posts