Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
581 - 600 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,302 Posts
Good for Alex to get another chance, but I think I would like to has seen Jamie Chadwick given a chance.
I wouldn't have minded hasn't hulk back

Reactions: REDGTA

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 ·
Looking forward to the Sprint Qualifier tomorrow at Monza. Great to see BOT ahead of HAM and GIO again, in the top 10 after the Q3. Another probable golden opportunity lost by RAI to be in the top 10, assuming that the Alfa Romeo are really as decent as they have been performing in the past two weeks. The Ferrari's still 0.9 - 1.0 sec slower than Mercedes so, hoping for a P5 and P6 on Sunday at the end of the race so they can keep the 3rd place of the Constructors standings. Don't really understand too much why Kubica is still around driving the second Alfa Romeo but, such is life.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #584 ·
I just read this very bad news. I hope, deeply, that Alfa Romeo does not act as HAAS did with MAZ (money talks). I know it's a business but it will be very unfair. I just hope that this is not another Inter Of Milan disaster.

GIO has revealed he remains in the dark over his F1 future as rumors grow that $30million-backed Guanyu Zhou could be in line to take his seat for 2022. As well as the Italian, SCH and N. de Vries have been linked to the team but F2 driver Zhou, with his $30m of sponsorship from his Chinese backers, now appears to be leading the way.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
It looks like GIO needed a wake up call. Great to see him for 2 weeks in a row within the Top 10 in the Qs and the Sprint races. And based on that performance of the Sauber lately, and Kimi's announcement, I understand now that Kimi is still sleeping in the laurels. If things continue this way for the second half of the season, the 2022 looks promising for Sauber and I hope the team will be BOT-GIO.

HAM struggling is another clue that he may have lost it. BOT performing better than him is probably affecting him a lot. The Loser always in the back and the idea of him bringing Aston Martin to the top was another lie we were told.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I forecast BOT in the Top 5 and Ferrari P5/P6, hopefully still maintaining the third place of the Constructors standings.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #588 ·
Remember. 09.15.2021. Schumacher in Netflix. The 1.5 minutes trailer is simply spectacular. I just imagine how great the documentary will be.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,151 Posts
GIO has revealed he remains in the dark over his F1 future as rumors grow that $30million-backed Guanyu Zhou could be in line to take his seat for 2022. As well as the Italian, SCH and N. de Vries have been linked to the team but F2 driver Zhou, with his $30m of sponsorship from his Chinese backers, now appears to be leading the way.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
535 Posts
A week ago I would have bet on Giovinazzi keeping his seat because of the engine supplier connection. But then Albon happened.

But then again money always trumps all in F1. Hence we have Stroll & Latifi & Mazepin. And we had Sirotkin & Maldonaldo. So I wouldn't hold my breath for Sauber Alfa to keep Giovinazzi instead of signing Zhou. $30 million goes a long way to cover the $140 million budget cap.

·
Registered
494 Posts
What a crazy day. Turned on the TV to see the major crash. Wtf happened to Gio?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
Fuck SAI. Hitting GIO after that extraordinary start. GIO was in front of SAI. GIO is racing for his job next year and now, we will never know how good Alfa Romeo Sauber was nor how good he was going to drive this Monza race. It was a golden opportunity to be in the Top 10.

Great for McLaren. Impressive P1-P2 and unfortunately, they have just demonstrated that they are the true third Team of the Constructor Championship, not Ferrari.

Once again Alfa Romeo Sauber, a total disaster, not even beating Williams. Frustrating that waste of money and I wish they could stop that.

I think HAM tried to squeeze VER in that Turn#2 as VER was going to pass him for sure at the exit of the turn. Once again, same as with GRO last year, the HALO saved HAM life, I think.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, the slow-mo shot of Max's rear right wheel landing on the halo was a shocking sight. Glad nothing proved too serious.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
What a crazy day. Turned on the TV to see the major crash. Wtf happened to Gio?
on lap 1 he tried to block SAI after he went off track which caused him to lose his front wing.
Fuck SAI. Hitting GIO after that extraordinary start. GIO was in front of SAI. GIO is racing for his job next year and now, we will never know how good Alfa Romeo Sauber was nor how good he was going to drive this Monza race. It was a golden opportunity to be in the Top 10.

Great for McLaren. Impressive P1-P2 and unfortunately, they have just demonstrated that they are the true third Team of the Constructor Championship, not Ferrari.

Once again Alfa Romeo Sauber, a total disaster, not even beating Williams. Frustrating that waste of money and I wish they could stop that.

I think HAM tried to squeeze VER in that Turn#2 as VER was going to pass him for sure at the exit of the turn. Once again, same as with GRO last year, the HALO saved HAM life, I think.
Yeah, the slow-mo shot of Max's rear right wheel landing on the halo was a shocking sight. Glad nothing proved too serious.
Thumbs up for McLaren

The FIA seriously needs to crack down on Max.
Well done McLaren, Ricciardo, Norris, and Bottas. The rest was the too-often repeated shit show that will be discussed for weeks rather than great starts, stunning passes, smart strategies, etc.

Still waiting for Ferrari and Alfa to show they have potential in races. At least Italian fans could celebrate an Italian name atop the podium. Nice to hear the Australian and English national anthems.

SAI = Sainz?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #598 ·
Well done McLaren, Ricciardo, Norris, and Bottas. The rest was the too-often repeated shit show that will be discussed for weeks rather than great starts, stunning passes, smart strategies, etc.

Still waiting for Ferrari and Alfa to show they have potential in races. At least Italian fans could celebrate an Italian name atop the podium. Nice to hear the Australian and English national anthems.

SAI = Sainz?
Yes. SAI = Carlos Sainz Jr. Fuck him. The best start of GIO of his life, shutdown by SAI.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Wasn't HAM coming out of the pits? If so, I wonder whether that factors.

Those two can keep taking each other out and hand the championship to Bottas.

581 - 600 of 647 Posts