Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
561 - 580 of 647 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,301 Posts

The Mercedes team principal, Toto Wolff, admitted the decision to drop Bottas for Russell had not been easy but was optimistic the new line-up would prove formidable.
🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·

The Mercedes team principal, Toto Wolff, admitted the decision to drop Bottas for Russell had not been easy but was optimistic the new line-up would prove formidable.
🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
What a way to destroy the career of a young and talented man. With all that talent, energy and skills, to be asked to slow down, abort fast laps, move away, let the other guy pass will require a level of "maturity" that I am not sure RUS is ready for. In any case, he will be a good sub-champion or a third-place-championship driver while HAM will be around for a couple of more years.

Looking forward to see BOT driving the Sauber !!!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
What a way to destroy the career of a young and talented man. With all that talent, energy and skills, to be asked to slow down, abort fast laps, move away, let the other guy pass will require a level of "maturity" that I am not sure RUS is ready for. In any case, he will be a good sub-champion or a third-place-championship driver while HAM will be around for a couple of more years.

Who knows? Wouldn't it be something if we have a Vettel-Leclerc redux with Hamilton-Russell at Mercedes? One can always dream...

• Love
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
985 Posts

Just like Nico had to do...

·
Registered
357 Posts
My inferior "common sense" tells me that a name sponsorship means just that - Alfa pay for the privilege of slapping the brand name on the race car.
While how much, if any, technical help comes from Alfa Romeo corporate to the F1 team may be up for debate, one thing is certain. The people that you see wearing Alfa Romeo Racing outfits on race weekends are all Sauber employees and wear navy-blue Sauber emblemed outfits every other work day. I've visited the factory a few times and the only thing that has changed since the Alfa sponsorship is the vehicle livery, the truck / transportors paint scheme, and some signage outside and inside the reception area. Personally, I don't think any technical assistance or aid comes from Alfa Romeo / Stellantis (and I'm not talking about the Ferrari sourced components, which obviously Ferrari will supply the necessary engineering assistance for those items).

Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,149 Posts
I wonder how many people have the license plate "KIMI".

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
913 Posts
While how much, if any, technical help comes from Alfa Romeo corporate to the F1 team may be up for debate, one thing is certain. The people that you see wearing Alfa Romeo Racing outfits on race weekends are all Sauber employees and wear navy-blue Sauber emblemed outfits every other work day. I've visited the factory a few times and the only thing that has changed since the Alfa sponsorship is the vehicle livery, the truck / transportors paint scheme, and some signage outside and inside the reception area. Personally, I don't think any technical assistance or aid comes from Alfa Romeo / Stellantis (and I'm not talking about the Ferrari sourced components, which obviously Ferrari will supply the necessary engineering assistance for those items).

View attachment 115929
I wonder whose Stelvio QF is parked there...

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
That's me, but not my Stelvio Quadrifoglio, just mine for that particular trip.

Stelvio Q in the foreground and the Stelvio Pass in the background.
View attachment 115933
Nice! I'm guessing it wasn't a rental. Care to share how you came to be driving it?
Registration number:
KIMI

Registration status & expiry date:
Current - 20/11/2021

Vehicle:
2006 WHITE MINI COUPE
I never tried looking up a plate. Sure enough, Reports For Plate Number KIMI In Michigan, United States

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Product Car

I like the Mini Coupe application better.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I wonder how many people have the license plate "KIMI".
Only those stubborn dads that would get lost on the road, but still refuse to take advice from the kid sitting in the back reading the maps. 🤡

·
Registered
156 Posts

The only way he’ll destroy his career in F1 is if he under performs. I for one think he’ll be around for a long time and will hopefully benefit from Lewis long term. From next year they are both team mates and enemies. Just as it should be!

·
Registered
7,149 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Near the end of the linked article:

"How Hamilton adapts to a new teammate and one who is likely to threaten him more than Bottas will be fascinating, especially with Mercedes’ policy being to allow their drivers to race one another without priority or orders. Hamilton, who is now in his 15th season in F1, is 36 years old and has signed to race on with Mercedes for another two years. He has insisted he would welcome the new challenge from one of F1’s next generation."

Had to lift my feet off the floor while reading this...the BS was getting deep. SMH

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #577 ·
I am sure somebody thinks that the 200M followers of F1 are stupid. That "...especially with Mercedes’ policy being to allow their drivers to race one another without priority or orders..." sentence simply demonstrate that. Yes, RUS may disobey Toto and Mercedes management in every race and will win a championship but, it will end like Nico, physiologically destroyed, physically finished, mentally drained and emotionally low. In any case, he wanted that promotion badly so, I am sure that he understand where he is.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Near the end of the linked article:

"How Hamilton adapts to a new teammate and one who is likely to threaten him more than Bottas will be fascinating, especially with Mercedes’ policy being to allow their drivers to race one another without priority or orders. Hamilton, who is now in his 15th season in F1, is 36 years old and has signed to race on with Mercedes for another two years. He has insisted he would welcome the new challenge from one of F1’s next generation."

Had to lift my feet off the floor while reading this...the BS was getting deep. SMH

Have you watched F1 for the last 6 years? The only drama on a weekly basis was which Mercedes driver would win.

Hamilton vs Roseburg was so heated that the FIA had to sit both down and write out rules about how to judge passing attempts.

·
Registered
7,149 Posts
I am sure somebody thinks that the 200M followers of F1 are stupid. That "...especially with Mercedes’ policy being to allow their drivers to race one another without priority or orders..." sentence simply demonstrate that. Yes, RUS may disobey Toto and Mercedes management in every race and will win a championship but, it will end like Nico, physiologically destroyed, physically finished, mentally drained and emotionally low. In any case, he wanted that promotion badly so, I am sure that he understand where he is.

561 - 580 of 647 Posts