Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
341 - 360 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lewis did the same move to Landon and LeClarc and wasn't even as far up as either of them as he was with Max. It wasn't a bad pass or a poor attempt. It was the result of 2 drivers both refusing to get out of it.
I agree but part of me felt it was way too dangerous at that high speed corner, to be on the inside and have someone from the outside coming in and make contact like that.
Max has to learn too I agree. The race cannot be over in 1 corner.. you will not win all of them and cannot do this by taking yourself out of the race like that.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q4
646 Posts
Alonso thinks it was a racing incident: Fernando Alonso on Lewis-Max clash: You can't just disappear | Planet F1

PlanetF1 said:
“It’s difficult from the outside,” said Alonso, quoted by The Race. “It looked quite close. Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max.

“So, in a way, Lewis could not disappear from the inside line. It’s not that you can vanish.

“It was an unfortunate moment of the race, but nothing intentional or nothing any of the two drivers did wrong in my opinion.

“That was an unlucky moment.”
Seems Albon wasn't quick to take Max's side either:

PlanetF1 said:
Red Bull test driver Alex Albon said “this has been brewing since race one of the championship”.

He added: “Part of me thinks Max could have closed [the door] to stop Lewis from ever going into that position, but at the same time…when Lewis overtook Charles, it was a similar position to me, maybe slightly different angles.”

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
How lucky. Not only for the 10-sec penalty (while Russell was bumped 3 spots in the grid for what he did to Sainz on Saturday) but, ".... according to Mercedes, Hamilton’s eventual victory wouldn’t have been possible without the resultant red flag from that crash, as the car suffered damage to its front-left wheel. They'd failed the wheel where they'd had the contact on the front-left so that would have been a DNF had it not been red-flagged..."

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am glad Max is okay. It was a big impact as we all saw. But it was a racing incident when you look at their position going into the curves.

I find it quite ironic that when in Austria in 2019 Max pushed out LeClerc with no penalty and then said “its hardracing, if you can’t take it, go home”.

This time its the 1st lap when unfortunately the race gets determined on some tracks, Lewis wasn’t equal as he said initially on the radio but he close and was’t just going to back off. And, it’s ridiculous to think he intended this since he could have easily been into a barrier. The racism is abhorrent. Lewis went for the inside, Max had space to make the corner but probably just didn’t see him. Its unfortunate, and has everyone’s temperatures really high about it but if it was a midfield driver, it would have happened and then we would have all moved on provided no one was hurt.

On to Hungary!

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think it was a racing incident and unless a driver make an intentional move into another vehicle, the stewards should just let them race. Being aggressive is part of the deal. I agree that the racism is abhorrent and this racist reaction reminds me of the Brit fans who abused the black players who missed the penalties against Italy in the Euro finals (Yeah, they missed intentionally. What a lot of bollocks!)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 ·
GP Austria - 2021 - Norris (white) - Perez (latino) - Norris (white) was penalized.
GP Austria - Jul2021 - Perez (latino) - Leclerc (white) - Perez (latino) was penalized.
Silverstone Sprint Race - Jul2021 - Russel (white) - Sainz (white) - Russell (white) was penalized.
GP Silverstone - 2021 - Hamilton (black) - Verstappen (white) - Hamilton (black) was penalized.

It looks to me a very none-racist approach. Actually, I see a lot of inclusion and diversity in these. I think that Tsunoda has been also penalized lately so, we have all races involved !!!!!

Soccer? Ask Morata, the Spaniard, white soccer player that has missed several goals, including the one penalty goal that caused the lost of Spain versus Italy. Ask him how miserable has been his white life in the past 4-5 weeks, because of that.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
GP Austria - 2021 - Norris (white) - Perez (latino) - Norris (white) was penalized.
GP Austria - Jul2021 - Perez (latino) - Leclerc (white) - Perez (latino) was penalized.
Silverstone Sprint Race - Jul2021 - Russel (white) - Sainz (white) - Russell (white) was penalized.
GP Silverstone - 2021 - Hamilton (black) - Verstappen (white) - Hamilton (black) was penalized.

It looks to me a very none-racist approach. Actually, I see a lot of inclusion and diversity in these. I think that Tsunoda has been also penalized lately so, we have all races involved !!!!!

Soccer? Ask Morata, the Spaniard, white soccer player that has missed several goals, including the one penalty goal that caused the lost of Spain versus Italy. Ask him how miserable has been his white life in the past 4-5 weeks, because of that.
They’re all still male.

• Haha
Reactions: beaups and Kalpeshb

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
566 Posts
Pretty sure the problem is fans hurling racial slurs over Twitter and Facebook and in the stands when their player or a player from the opponents who happens to be from a different ethnicity does something they don't like .

Not sure the officiating is racially motivated - not the problem people are pointing out

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
They’re all still male.
How very gender-binary of you. You need to be canceled.
Pointing this out makes me gender-binary (yes I know you were joking)? On the contrary, I argue that, short of declaring a boycott of F1, it should make me a champion of equality and equity. Out of modesty, I'll let someone else anoint me.

Reactions: Alfisto and beaups

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 · (Edited)
Unbelievable.

“… Hamilton thanked Mercedes teammate Bottas on Sunday for his sportsmanship in helping him to a record-extending eighth British Grand Prix win. He was so gracious today to work so well as a team mate to allow me to pass, so I could chase for the win for the team, said Hamilton. Great sportsmanship, I really do appreciate it...”

A win for the Team, how nice.

I hope Bottas gets a contract extension for his teamwork, sportsmanship and for being one of the main reasons of why Hamilton wins so many races. I do not think Russell, practically starting his career, would be willing to do that but, what do I know.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,325 Posts
Pointing this out makes me gender-binary (yes I know you were joking)? On the contrary, I argue that, short of declaring a boycott of F1, it should make me a champion of equality and equity. Out of modesty, I'll let someone else anoint me.
Arise Sir Shot

i just realised how close the i and the o are on the keyboard

·
Registered
444 Posts
I think Ham and Max are both superb drivers and the Merc and Red Bull are so close in performance that it makes the racing very interesting (and probably more so as now Ferrari may have sorted some of their deficiencies.) I don’t get where Max thinks Hamilton was disrespectful in his celebrations at Silverstone. He was very relieved that he held off Ferrari but also showing his appreciation for all the support the Brit fans gave him at Silverstone…

·
Registered
6,927 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Unbelievable.

“… Hamilton thanked Mercedes teammate Bottas on Sunday for his sportsmanship in helping him to a record-extending eighth British Grand Prix win. He was so gracious today to work so well as a team mate to allow me to pass, so I could chase for the win for the team, said Hamilton. Great sportsmanship, I really do appreciate it...”

A win for the Team, how nice.

I hope Bottas gets a contract extension for his teamwork, sportsmanship and for being one of the main reasons of why Hamilton wins so many races. I do not think Russell, practically starting his career, would be willing to do that but, what do I know.
The best way for any driver to be fired is not listening to team orders - no matter who you are

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
The best way for any driver to be fired is not listening to team orders - no matter who you are
I don't understand all the drama around Bottas giving Hamilton the point by. It was obvious Merc had a choice of finishing 2+3 or try for 1+3 with 2+3 still guaranteed. Seems they made the obvious correct decision. Team orders or not Bottas was going to finish 3rd.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
In my opinion, there is no drama. All is plain, obvious and very clear, I think. I think that Hamilton wins twice of what he should win because of Bottas' "teamwork", "sportsmanship" and "Team orders". It was demonstrated during Rosberg's time in Mercedes from one side and, with Bottas not allowed to race him, in the past two years, on the other side. We will never know if that supposed P2 + P3 last Sunday was going to happen. I bet that there was going to be contact within those two guys (even if the golden rule of the teams is not take each other out) because Hamilton expects Bottas (and everyone else) to let him through as he must always win. I am perfectly OK with team orders, with let Hamilton win and all that (as well as I was OK with the Schumacher's fraud at his time) but, let's just say it and document it in the news as it is.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q4
646 Posts
In my opinion, there is no drama. All is plain, obvious and very clear, I think. I think that Hamilton wins twice of what he should win because of Bottas' "teamwork", "sportsmanship" and "Team orders". It was demonstrated during Rosberg's time in Mercedes from one side and, with Bottas not allowed to race him, in the past two years, on the other side. We will never know if that supposed P2 + P3 last Sunday was going to happen. I bet that there was going to be contact within those two guys (even if the golden rule of the teams is not take each other out) because Hamilton expects Bottas (and everyone else) to let him through as he must always win. I am perfectly OK with team orders, with let Hamilton win and all that (as well as I was OK with the Schumacher's fraud at his time) but, let's just say it and document it in the news as it is.
If you were head of Mercedes, what would you have done?

I think Mercedes made the correct call. Allowing Bottas to race Hamilton would have delayed the inevitable. It could have also resulted in one or both crashing out of the race. By allowing Hamilton to pass, Mercedes maximized their point potential.

341 - 360 of 409 Posts