Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
321 - 340 of 409 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
The 2021s and 2022s from F1.com. Some of the differences. Front wings, wheels diameter, rear wings, footprints, body works. As long as we can see some more competition, it would be great.
Just in case anybody missed it, wheel covers are also back.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,003 Posts
I just hope the racing gets closer🤞🏻

Reactions: Romba

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
What a great race today, I think. Not only because Ferrari almost won the race but, because Ferrari almost won the race. Great driving by both Leclerc and Sainz. Both recovering places from the start and winning very needed good points. Still wondering why Sainz could not pass Ricciardo but, it's OK. Hamilton, once gain, very lucky. Not only he eliminated his main opponent and the 2021 Champion but, able to repair his car in the red flag period, to allow him to win. The Loser, doing what he is best, spinning alone and not even finishing the race. No comments on Alfa Romeo. Not even able to compete with Williams, Alpine and Alpha Tauri. It's a complete waste of money and showing only the bad of Alfa Romeo on worldwide TV. In any case, it would be great to see Ferrari again in the podium in the next races.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Max needs to gain some maturity if he wants the championship. If you have the fastest car, have the championship lead, and are sitting on the outside of that turn - there is virtually nothing to be gained and everything to lose by trying to keep with it.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
566 Posts
I would've said that was a racing incident. Lewis was pointed away from the apex and max came in just a little. Lewis should've been turning in at that point but didn't.

Raikkonen was in 10th when he pitted last which is a shame he dropped so many spots.

Good to see McLaren doing well

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
6,927 Posts
Dissatisfying for many but under the circumstances earned by Hamilton. Maybe a 20 or 30 second penalty would've mollified more who thought Hamilton got off too easy?

Hope Max is OK.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,003 Posts
I thought 10 seconds was too easy. For that type of accident, should have been a stop and go.

If only bot would have been allowed race ham, but nope

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
852 Posts
I thought 10 seconds was too easy. For that type of accident, should have been a stop and go.

If only bot would have been allowed race ham, but nope
Oh how I wish Bottas would say to Hamilton what Hamilton said to Rosberg when Rosberg was not happy with Hamilton was backing him up into Vettel in China back in 2015. "It's not my job to look after Nico's race, it's my job to manage the car and bring it to the end as fast as possible and that's what I did." Every time he gets asked to move over for Hamilton, he should respond with that. I'd like to see what Hamilton says in response to that one....

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Oh how I wish Bottas would say to Hamilton what Hamilton said to Rosberg when Rosberg was not happy with Hamilton was backing him up into Vettel in China back in 2015. "It's not my job to look after Nico's race, it's my job to manage the car and bring it to the end as fast as possible and that's what I did." Every time he gets asked to move over for Hamilton, he should respond with that. I'd like to see what Hamilton says in response to that one....
Let’s be honest. Ham was running way faster (like usual) and was going to end up
In front of bottas either way. The only difference might have been if bottas tied him up long enough that he didn’t get by leclerc. So I’m this case having bottas stand down was correct.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think both drivers were at fault but Max took the brunt which is pretty bad.
I am glad that he is okay .. the accident looked really bad.
Having said that if every time p2 can take out p1 and get away with a 10 second penalty…Lewis will keep doing it.
Looking at what Lewis was trying to do on inside line at that high speed corner was ridiculous.
They give Russell a 3 grid penalty for bumping a tire but for Lewis it’s a 10 sec cmon.. seems like Fia is getting biased.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am not a Mercedes supporter and I do think that Hamilton probably deserved the penalty he received, but what I observe is that over the past 2 seasons when Hamilton has been leading the championship he has typically backed out of situations like this as he thinks about the bigger picture. What is different now is he is not leading.

Rightly or wrongly the message he is sending out is that if you put me in a spot then I won't be backing down. Max has received this message with a thud. This is a method also used to great effect by Micheal Schumacher and was controversial then.

What ever your view, the season has a ways to go, and it WILL be exciting. Who thinks this is the last coming together. Not me...

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
not when team mates are ordered to get out his way
Might not have mattered (and I agree we'll never know). Ham passed Leclerc easily and pulled away.

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
6,927 Posts
Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
849 Posts
I think both drivers were at fault but Max took the brunt which is pretty bad.
I am glad that he is okay .. the accident looked really bad.
Having said that if every time p2 can take out p1 and get away with a 10 second penalty…Lewis will keep doing it.
Looking at what Lewis was trying to do on inside line at that high speed corner was ridiculous.
They give Russell a 3 grid penalty for bumping a tire but for Lewis it’s a 10 sec cmon.. seems like Fia is getting biased.

Lewis did the same move to Landon and LeClarc and wasn't even as far up as either of them as he was with Max. It wasn't a bad pass or a poor attempt. It was the result of 2 drivers both refusing to get out of it.

321 - 340 of 409 Posts