Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a QV yesterday. Amazing vehicle although I didn't get much of a chance to see what it can do. Just a short spin around the block.

I am 6'3" and I was very comfortable in the car. It was very easy to find a comfortable driving position. I was very pleased about that.

They had one configured exactly how I would order one. I started to discuss price but was told they are not moving off sticker price. KBB suggests that people are paying around invoice or slight over invoice for the QV but I am not sure how accurate that is.

For those that have purchased QV's, what has your experience been with trying to negotiate a price?

Also, for those that ordered a QV, this dealer told me they ordered one in March that they still have not received.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
some members here have been able to negotiate $$$ off the MSRP on MY18 Quadrifoglios @BostonDMD
some members were able to negotiate $$$ off the MSRP on existing dealer stock MY17 Quadrifoglios @mc3456
some members with no patience and wanting to be the first kids on the block with a Quadrifoglio @kanundrum & @MDriver) paid MSRP for the Launch Batch cars...
my point you ask....it is 100% Dealer Dependent!! there are deals to be made/had..IF you are willing to travel to another state, and/or take something that is not 100% what you want spec wise....OR You can order exactly what you want with the understanding that 1st you will be waiting...and waiting....BUT perhaps you can get some $$$ off...
Good Luck in your search! Hope you join La Famiglia:grin2:

·
Registered
183 Posts
As MDriver said it is really dealer dependent although most dealers will probably be at MSRP now. I paid MSRP a couple of months ago. I searched every dealer in over 20 states to find the car I wanted. That was the big factor for me - the proper car. I wanted a car immediately also.

I prefer to buy from my local dealer who is going to service the car, but I did not have that choice with the QV. Also you have to consider shipping - mine was shipped for free.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You can order a MY18 QV well below MSRP.....you just have to find the right dealer willing to work with you

The Plus of ordering one: save money and get it exactly the way you want it
The Minus: the wait is long from ordering to delivery and you never know for sure when it will show up

Buona Fortuna!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I suspect I will end up ordering one. My brother in-law is friends with a dealer. I am hoping he will work with me.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I paid MSRP minus $750 AR cash back. Personally, if I was offered up to $3k back if I waited for an order I would take it now at MSRP. This is using the benefit of hindsight of course, but that's why you check with people who've already had the experience, right?

Get it NOW!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I paid slightly over MSRP when I got mine back in April. At the time there weren't that many to be had, so leverage was difficult. I think now you may stand a better chance of getting one below MSRP .....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wow!

Can't wait to test drive a QV myself!

Saw one in person at a car show Saturday, looked so good.

I think ordering one exactly how you want will be worth it. Also, getting second year production probably offers more peace-of-mind regarding potential software issues.

Ok, now on to the important stuff...color? Options? Wheel choice?

Personally, I love those Sparco seats...

·
Registered
692 Posts
I test drove a QV yesterday. Amazing vehicle although I didn't get much of a chance to see what it can do. Just a short spin around the block.
Me too. They only let me take it on a two mile drive on 35-45 mph roads. Even so I was impressed

They had one configured exactly how I would order one. I started to discuss price but was told they are not moving off sticker price. KBB suggests that people are paying around invoice or slight over invoice for the QV but I am not sure how accurate that is.
I didn't start negotiations yet because I didn't want the one they have in stock and because they said that the ordering window was not open for special orders right now which seemed weird.
I searched all along the east coast for one that matches my spec and I found one at Herb Chambers in millbury, but they don't want to go below MSRP. I thought they would want to move the 2017s.

What part of the country are you in?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Me too. They only let me take it on a two mile drive on 35-45 mph roads. Even so I was impressed

I didn't start negotiations yet because I didn't want the one they have in stock and because they said that the ordering window was not open for special orders right now which seemed weird.
I searched all along the east coast for one that matches my spec and I found one at Herb Chambers in millbury, but they don't want to go below MSRP. I thought they would want to move the 2017s.

What part of the country are you in?
You must be talking about the black one at Herb Chambers.....I saw it, it's beautiful but it's been sooner for a long, long time...... let me know if you need help negotiating it .... I know they are ready to move it ....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Wow!

Can't wait to test drive a QV myself!

Saw one in person at a car show Saturday, looked so good.

I think ordering one exactly how you want will be worth it. Also, getting second year production probably offers more peace-of-mind regarding potential software issues.

Ok, now on to the important stuff...color? Options? Wheel choice?

Personally, I love those Sparco seats...
I love THE BACK of the Sparco seats.....didn't find them to be very comfortable....esp when compared to the Sport Seats.....D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Lowlight,

I also looked at the Sparco seats and liked them, but the one disadvantage they had was that they don't provide any ability to be heated, there is no ability to have the seat be warmed up. Out here in Denver I went for the lesser seats which have really nice seat heaters in them .....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
How long has that one been at Herbs? I saw a black one there in March! I'm pretty sure they sold that one. Also, 8K for the CC brakes is more than enough to pay for the belt service on my 360. Sparcos were comfortable for a minute when I sat in them once but I don't know about long trips. In fact I get leg pain under my left thigh in both the 348 and 360 even after about 30 minutes. But I am positive that is due to the rear engine, narrow footwell unibody floorplan that has been standard since the 250LM. It turns your body inward and drives the left bolster into your thigh. It also happens from resting your left leg out to the door side. I hope the thigh extension on the Giulia seats helps fight this.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am in South Florida. I took the test drive at Alfa of North Miami. They have 3 QV's in stock. One is maxed out with ceramic breaks and sparco seats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts