Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just 2 days ago alfa wasn't even on my radar in purchasing a new sports sedan, but now I have a test drive scheduled for tomorrow. It has gone from the bottom of the list to a real contender for my purchase. Cant wait to see one in person and feel what all the hype is about.

I'll be test driving from the dealership in strongsville. I know they're doing 8k off msrp right off the bat but wanted to know if there was more room to negotiate. Please share what particular things I should aim or try for during the test drive and for pricing information please PM me if possible with what to expect. Many thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nemesis,

You won't be disappointed. I just ordered a QV from Jimmy up in Stongsville. He is a great guy and will show you the car well. He did the $8,000 off MSRP for me as well and then he said he'd also offer any incentives or sales happening when the car arrives. He offers free delivery anywhere in the U.S. so if you are local or don't need it delivered there maybe some room to negotiate. I bet you fall in love with it the moment you set eyes on it!! Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nemesis,

I bet you fall in love with it the moment you set eyes on it!! Let us know how it goes.
If not, there is no doubt in my former military mind that you'll fall in love the moment you climb in, turn it on and hit the accelerator! Holy Mother Of All Sports Sedans!

(Be very careful if you buy one of the red ones. It attracts young chicks like a huge magnet!) :D

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What else are you considering ? How did the Alfa suddenly appear on the radar ?
Was it the 8K off ? Just wondering....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. And yes, I'm lucky that I'm local so I'm not too far from their dealership. Surprised they have 17! In stock...that's crazy...why are there so many in stock?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wait till you feel the steering and the acceleration, I was hooked after 20 minutes .......It has surpassed all my expectations ......

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
What else are you considering ? How did the Alfa suddenly appear on the radar ?
Was it the 8K off ? Just wondering....
Bump to the top ....

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Nemesis,

You won't be disappointed. I just ordered a QV from Jimmy up in Stongsville. He is a great guy and will show you the car well. He did the $8,000 off MSRP for me as well and then he said he'd also offer any incentives or sales happening when the car arrives. He offers free delivery anywhere in the U.S. so if you are local or don't need it delivered there maybe some room to negotiate. I bet you fall in love with it the moment you set eyes on it!! Let us know how it goes.
Hang on. So you are thinking that they are going to be offering you minimum $8k off your 2019 and anticipating more because there will be more rebates on a new model? I gotta place that order now. What are we thinking now maybe another 2 or 3k on top of that? Did he have any thoughts? That is really cool. How much of a rebate was in that 8K. If zero than yeh you will probably pull together another few grand off. So now that would be $11k on a new 2019 one of the first ones to hit the US. You hit the jackpot on that one.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Thanks all for the feedback. And yes, I'm lucky that I'm local so I'm not too far from their dealership. Surprised they have 17! In stock...that's crazy...why are there so many in stock?

The best person to ask that question is Jimmy. We wouldn’t know but I am sure we could guess

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been mainly looking at the m3 competition pack, and was talking to my buddy about which m3 I should go for in regards to options and price I was offered. He then suggested the QV and I completely forgot it existed. I've seen some reviews and comparisons on it and it has some pretty good results but there were a few tests that mentioned it had issues during filing and testing which made me steer clear of it initially. But I have been reading somewhere that it may not be as bad as it suggests, and also since this is going to be a 2018, hopefully they have addressed and fixed some of those gremlins and issues. Here's to me being optimistic

·
Registered
691 Posts
My local dealer still had a 17 in stock. The reason was that it had the $8000 ceramic brakes, the $2500 racing seats and the $2200 paint job. That's $12.7K of extra's that pushes the MSRP to 90K. Not many people see the value in 8K brakes and non-heated hard seats, so those higher end models sit. As a comparison, I bought a similar car (2017, vesuvio metaillic), with only 5K miles on it for $20K less than the 2017 untitled car. I think most buyers would be in the same boat as me, unless money was just no object.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
My local dealer still had a 17 in stock. The reason was that it had the $8000 ceramic brakes, the $2500 racing seats and the $2200 paint job. That's $12.7K of extra's that pushes the MSRP to 90K. Not many people see the value in 8K brakes and non-heated hard seats, so those higher end models sit. As a comparison, I bought a similar car (2017, vesuvio metaillic), with only 5K miles on it for $20K less than the 2017 untitled car. I think most buyers would be in the same boat as me, unless money was just no object.
Yep you just called out my car. 90k sticker but got a good discount from strongsville but still probably more then folks are paying for the ones the are ordering with no options other than wheels for 500. We are very happy with our Sparco and find them very comfy and feel like we are ready to take off. Ceramic breaks. Don’t know. My husband wanted them outrageous price but I just saw The standard brakes next to mine and wow what a difference although it didn’t help that he was not keeping his calipers yellow clean. CCM no dust and the 2200 paint job. Add another 7000 for film and ceramic. I can say a couple m3 comp guys were salivating over these brakes but they track but we don’t. With tecnico darks all you see is rotor

Money was an object. It always is. It was just what he wanted and with the discount we considered the brakes as a wash. We were willing to pay sticker because in the beginning it was tough to get off MSRP so new buyers are spoiled. Early adopters not so fortunate

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yep you just called out my car. 90k sticker but got a good discount from strongsville but still probably more then folks are paying for the ones the are ordering with no options other than wheels for 500. We are very happy with our Sparco and find them very comfy and feel like we are ready to take off. Ceramic breaks. Don’t know. My husband wanted them outrageous price but I just saw The standard brakes next to mine and wow what a difference although it didn’t help that he was not keeping his calipers yellow clean. CCM no dust and the 2200 paint job. Add another 7000 for film and ceramic. I can say a couple m3 comp guys were salivating over these brakes but they track but we don’t. With tecnico darks all you see is rotor

Money was an object. It always is. It was just what he wanted and with the discount we considered the brakes as a wash. We were willing to pay sticker because in the beginning it was tough to get off MSRP so new buyers are spoiled. Early adopters not so fortunate
Probably saying money is no object was a little crass on my part. My apologies for that. What I was trying to convey was that it's hard to see the value of the brakes, the special paint and the race seats where you lose the heat option when you sit two cars side by side. Car A with brakes is 80k after discounts and car B is 60k. It's a tougher sell by the dealer so those higher end models tend to sit longer.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yes they do. Ours was a 2017 that we bought in March of this year. Reason it didn’t sell.....Price. But she found a forever home. Some minor damage in shipping but yeh...$90k car with a little damage is enough to put you through the roof. I would still care as much if it was a 20k car but I think I could have gotten over it plus flat coats are just easier to deal with then tri-coats. However, I really do like the seats. I think with the Alcantara on any of the seats is not as bad hot or super cold but if you find them uncomfortable you are driving it. Honestly when I sat in them for the first time I felt like I was in a cockpit ready to fly. They do sit back in a little deeper so that is why my lumbar feels good. I have literally zero padding in my rear and I find them incredibly comfortable. Like I said on other forums. I do sometimes ride with my read windows down just so that carbon fiber in the back can breath a little (wink) That is the only reason. They will discount that down probably a little deeper but they will probably need to wait for the 2019s to be on the lot for a while before they will let it go for much less. Being in AZ about the last thing I need is heated seats so you can see why that was not a problem. They do sell them here with those seats because that is standard. They also took the dark hole off and put tecnico on. They told me but I was bummed. Now I am finding myself really liking the dark tecnico because it looks really sharp and I learned later that they are forged. I can pick up 5 dark hole now for 1999 for a set of 4 and the tecnico are about $3800 so better to have the more expensive ones because I wouldn’t buy those in the aftermarket. So there are a whole lot of details to look at. The rotors you will get a lot more life out of depending how you drive. they are rated for 100000 miles but you could get more or less. Not sure about the standards. Strongsville guys talked to one of the test drivers and he said he got 45000 track miles on them. Steel is different but we don’t track. I do appreciate no brake dust. Now when it comes time to replace the CCM OUCH. But hopefully many happy miles of motoring. We also added all the extra safety which was still optional in 2017 as well as HK. Otherwise no difference in 2017 and 2018 except for Apple Car Play. You may want to see if there are any 2017 out there if you can live with Apple Car Play.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Deposit placed on a QV after my test drive today. Will write a review and/or comparison with the m3 comp pack when I get back to a computer later tonight.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Deposit placed on a QV after my test drive today. Will write a review and/or comparison with the m3 comp pack when I get back to a computer later tonight.

She is a rocket you will enjoy but yeh we all want to hear the reviews side by side since you have driven the M3 Comp. Most of us appreciate a great car no matter who makes it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The QV really sells itself! The M3/4 comp review has been done but another perspective is always welcome. Congrats on the new car.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts