Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the mixture for the antifreeze is set for from factory for the USA? Going down to -22 tonight and I can'y find my tester (moved last year) and do the old tester's for green antifreeze work with the new types?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Anyone know what the mixture for the antifreeze is set for from factory for the USA? Going down to -22 tonight and I can'y find my tester (moved last year) and do the old tester's for green antifreeze work with the new types?
I'm honestly asking...are you driving in -22 temps? If so I'd be more worried about the tires.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not driving, car is parked in unattached garage with no heat so it will get as cold as outside.

Reactions: ATXQUAD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Personally i'd play it safe and just change it. I Do not know what the factory concentration is unfortunately however.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"are you driving in -22"

do you think people don't drive when it gets cold, because they are worried about their tires?

I'm honestly asking - the poster lives in Nebraska, you were offering "advice" to someone who lives in Alberta which is currently in the same ice rink.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,754 Posts
I found it in manual, -40 to 257 F at 50%
Where did you find the -40 number? Multiple sources online say mono-ethylene glycol-water 50-50 mix is good to about -30F/-35C.
Of course this coolant has additives that may alter that freezing point.

EDIT: found it, sorry about any confusion. A 60-40 mix might be better for people living in the far north though, it should gain another 20 degrees of protection.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Where did you find the -40 number? Multiple sources online say mono-ethylene glycol-water 50-50 mix is good to about -30F/-35C.
Of course this coolant has additives that may alter that freezing point.

EDIT: found it, sorry about any confusion. A 60-40 mix might be better for people living in the far north though, it should gain another 20 degrees of protection.
Looked in manual, found type and mix ratio and then on web found product specs.
Paraflu Up has a really great range for 50%, never heard of it before (Then again I've been in the states all my life, NE now but was born, raise, and lived in N.Y.C. till age 31)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.