Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are pleased to announce our new line of wheels for the Giulia by legendary Italian wheel manufacturer Tecnomagnesio!

These wheels are 100% designed, manufactured, and finished in Italy.

For those not familiar with the Tecnomagnesio name, they have a long association with Alfa Romeo. The company was founded in 1964 and specialized in lightweight magnesium wheels. In the 1970s Campagnolo, which was an OEM wheel supplier to Alfa Romeo, decided they wanted to focus on bicycle components and closed their automotive wheel division. Many of their automotive assets (molds) went to Tecnomagnesio, which continued to produce the iconic GTA competition wheels. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s you would usually find Tecnomagnesio wheels on Alfa Romeo's Touring Car racers (such as the 75 and the 155 DTM cars), as well as many other competition and rally cars from all marques.

Today, Tecnomagnesio continues to produce wheels in Italy, even though many other Italian wheel brands have started manufacturing their wheels in China or other Asian countries. The fit and finish of these wheels is world class!

We have several styles in stock for the Giulia in an 19" x 8.5" size. All of these wheels are direct fit (i.e. they don't require hub centric rings or adaptor bolts of any kind) and we have personally test fit them on several cars. Their design allows fitment over ALL Giulia brakes - including the Quadrifoglio models with Carbon Ceramic Brakes. They are competitively priced at $1,195/set including FREE SHIPPING in the continental US.

Our suggested tire size for summer performance tires on these wheels is 255/40-19, which fills out the wheel wells very nicely and also provides excellent turn-in and a nice improvement in grip. IMHO - after driving a Giulia Q4 car equipped with this combination it honestly feels like this should have been the OEM wheel and tire combination.

https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/wheels-giulia-stelvio-tecno-savage-grey

https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/wheels-giulia-stelvio-tecno-savage-black

https://centerlinealfa.com/catalog/wheels-giulia-stelvio-tecno-thunder-black

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
a set in the requisite bronze on campy style for my QV and I'm a buyer....otherwise I will wait for something from BBS...

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I linked to a picture that was hosted on their web site - it was showing up but now it is not. Weird!

Try this:
oh **** NO...:grin2: thats yellow to my eye...
I'm thinking more like this HRE 505M series rim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
thanks, Joe.
checked with the boss, she prefers the 5 holes so am going to wait for a set of silver take offs from a 2019 SQ.

·
Registered
131 Posts
We are pleased to announce our new line of wheels for the Giulia by legendary Italian wheel manufacturer Tecnomagnesio!

These wheels are 100% designed, manufactured, and finished in Italy.

For those not familiar with the Tecnomagnesio name, they have a long association with Alfa Romeo. The company was founded in 1964 and specialized in lightweight magnesium wheels. In the 1970s Campagnolo, which was an OEM wheel supplier to Alfa Romeo, decided they wanted to focus on bicycle components and closed their automotive wheel division. Many of their automotive assets (molds) went to Tecnomagnesio, which continued to produce the iconic GTA competition wheels. Throughout the 1980s and 1990s you would usually find Tecnomagnesio wheels on Alfa Romeo's Touring Car racers (such as the 75 and the 155 DTM cars), as well as many other competition and rally cars from all marques.

Today, Tecnomagnesio continues to produce wheels in Italy, even though many other Italian wheel brands have started manufacturing their wheels in China or other Asian countries. The fit and finish of these wheels is world class!

For a 2017 Giulia Sport in Misano Blue. What are several different wheels you recommend from Technomagnesio? Also different colors you think would look good.

·
Registered
220 Posts
oh **** NO...:grin2: thats yellow to my eye...
I'm thinking more like this HRE 505M series rim

MAN! I had been thinking along the same lines. If some mfg would design a modern 18-19" version of some old-school Campi's.... I'd buy them immediately. I miss those on my old GT.

>:)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
@JoeCab , Will either style wheel be available in bright silver?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think they are ugly, but to each his own.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts