Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for info. on them, but didn't find too much.

The Tecnicos are supposed to be forged and lighter than the 5 hole, correct?

Any other differences besides esthetic preferences?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have searched for info. on them, but didn't find too much.

The Tecnicos are supposed to be forged and lighter than the 5 hole, correct?

Any other differences besides esthetic preferences?

I looked for info on this also and couldn't find proof of either - I am a lightweight fanatic (went CCB's and Sparcos) and agonized over the wheels. Come the end of the day its an Alfa and it kinda needs the 5 hole IMO. Maybe down the road I will get a set of the Technicos but at least need to have the 5 holes for aesthetics out of the gate.

Edit:

19 x 8.5-in. (front) and 19 x 10-in. (rear) forged alloy, Bright Tecnico

19 x 8.5-in. (front) and 19 x 10-in. (rear) forged alloy, Dark Tecnico

19 x 8.5-in. (front) and 19 x 10-in. (rear) cast and Fluoform alloy, Bright 5-hole

19 x 8.5-in. (front) and 19 x 10-in. (rear) cast and Fluoform alloy, Dark 5-hole

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info. nolift

The Tecnicos seem to be popular with the Carabinieri at least......

Maybe because they come standard on the QV.....

I honestly don't think you can go wrong either way they are both great looking wheels. I would love to see the weight differences in both. The Tecnicos remind me of my 507 wheels...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
the technico rims are indeed lighter than the 5 hole....
unsprung weight at the track is nice...on the street...well...I will say this...I have to have my right front fixed for a slight bend...**** roads!!!
I personally prefer the look of the dark 5 hole especially with the RC paint.....looking to see if BBS will be making something OR HRE...but that is down the road...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tecnicos look more aggressive, the dark 5 hole more suave....... kind of like a body builder and a fashion model......:grin2:

·
Registered
735 Posts
unsprung weight at the track is nice...on the street...well...I will say this...I have to have my right front fixed for a slight bend...**** roads!!!
I personally prefer the look of the dark 5 hole especially with the RC paint.....looking to see if BBS will be making something OR HRE...but that is down the road...
Forged is stronger than cast besides being lighter. I also believe the tecnicos would be :x more expensive to replace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does anyone know how heavy the 5 holes are? Also is 21 1/2 lb a "good" weight for a 19"?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would like to know the difference in weight - I do know an "extra" set of Tecnicos in black cost 4k at time of purchase of car and that is with a discount.

I also think Fluoform is a step up from cast - and is as strong as forged. At lease according to HRE...

I would guess 1.5-2.5 lbs difference per wheel.

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
Does anyone know how heavy the 5 holes are? Also is 21 1/2 lb a "good" weight for a 19"?
Extrapolating from a set of wheels with tires mounted, I believe the 5-hole wheels are about 24 lbs front and 25 lbs rear.

I have weighed the Tecnicos at 19 1/2 lbs front and 20 1/2 lbs rear.

The other difference I've noticed is that there is more caliper clearance with the Tecnico wheels that the 5-hole wheels.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Extrapolating from a set of wheels with tires mounted, I believe the 5-hole wheels are about 24 lbs front and 25 lbs rear.

I have weighed the Tecnicos at 19 1/2 lbs front and 20 1/2 lbs rear.

The other difference I've noticed is that there is more caliper clearance with the Tecnico wheels that the 5-hole wheels.
Interesting, since Alfa recommends the 5 hole with the carbon brakes...... unless it is for better heat dissipation......

·
Supporting Vendor
703 Posts
Interesting, since Alfa recommends the 5 hole with the carbon brakes......
Nobody has been able to figure that one out yet. The mandate to get the 5-hole wheels with the carbon ceramic brakes seems to be US only, as other markets can order that exact combination. I put the Tecnicos on our car with the CCB brakes with zero issues.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm hoping there is someway to order it with the ccb + dark tecnico, so far all I get is no. One dealer suggested for me to just buy the wheels from parts, but they are $5k for the set

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I'm hoping there is someway to order it with the ccb + dark tecnico, so far all I get is no. One dealer suggested for me to just buy the wheels from parts, but they are $5k for the set
5k for Technicos???:surprise::surprise:
For 5k there will be other rims that are forged & light that you can buy or have custom made...visit ProFormance in NY...very well regarded wheel guy among performance car owners....

·
Registered
243 Posts
For 5k there will be other rims that are forged & light that you can buy or have custom made...visit ProFormance in NY...very well regarded wheel guy among performance car owners....
I know that I can get HRE cheaper, I'm not trying to pay for the tecnico. Just trying to find a way to order it the way I want or find a dealership that would be willing to order the wheels and Quadrifoglio separately but swap them out for me at no extra charge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My dealer quoted me $4k - and that is a pretty good price for a set of forged wheels. I have paid much more than that for Fikse's on my 911.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
My dealer quoted me $4k - and that is a pretty good price for a set of forged wheels. I have paid much more than that for Fikse's on my 911.
Fikse are a different animal...really good rim....does anyone know if the 5 hole rims are free-flow design? people harp that free-flow gives you the weight saving and strength of forged without the cost because of how the wheel barrel is made:confused:
I have always liked BBS wheels....had a set of RGR 18x8.5 forged on the E36 M3 and they weighed 19lbs...not even sure if they make them anymore...
the Quad is still very new...by end of summer I bet you will have more choices for rims from quality brands
these look similar to the Technicos...BBS F1
https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_ga...S&wheelModel=FI&wheelFinish=Titanium+Gunmetal

·
Registered
166 Posts
Anyone know who the OE is for these Alfa wheels? I haven't taken mine off yet.

I have the 5-hole because US car with CCM. They do look great, though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts