Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the Tecnico Wheels on the "regular" Giulia yet?
I think the front ones (8.5 x 19) might be a perfect fit.

Someone has actually fitted them to a Giulietta (different brakes but also 330mm rotors like on the Giulia)

Does anyone know the offset-value for the 8.5 x 19 wheel?

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts

Someone has actually fitted them to a Giulietta (different brakes but also 330mm rotors like on the Giulia)

Yes, I have and have had no issues. I'm running 245x35x19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 plus. Offset is 34 I believe!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not to go off topic but I just noticed your avatar. Are we OZ wheel buddies? :grin2:
Looks like it.
But mine are on a different car :)

I don't own a Giulia.

Yet. >:)

However, I am already considering my options... :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Awesome! Yes I saw one this weekend at Lombardo Motorcars but forgot to get a pic. I though it was another Quad at first!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts

Doesn't Giulietta have 12mm lug bolts while the Tecnicos are drilled for 14mm?

I believe at least one forum member fitted the staggered Tecnico set on his 2.0T.

I am getting cross messages regarding tire widths:

One says wider == more traction, the next says it doesn't make much difference for traction but wider does improve cosmetics and overheating (more rubber to spread the heat across) on a track. The later being unlikely to help much on the street. At the same time narrower is lighter and lighter demonstrably helps handling.

Another says keep the tread narrower than the rim width for best handling while the next says it doesn't matter to handling but having a wider tire protects the rim from scrapes.

Any side-by-side experience out there?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you running a square or staggered setup?

Like others have said, pics pretty please!
Square, but they do stick out a bit more than the stock wheels did. Will post a pic shortly.

Reactions: natnut

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doesn't Giulietta have 12mm lug bolts while the Tecnicos are drilled for 14mm?

I believe at least one forum member fitted the stagged Tecnico set on his 2.0T.

I am getting cross messages regarding tire widths:

One says wider == more traction, the next says it doesn't make much difference for traction but wider does improve cosmetics and overheating (more rubber to spread the heat across) on a track. The later being unlikely to help much on the street. At the same time narrower is lighter and lighter demonstrably helps handling.

Another says keep the tread narrower than the rim width for best handling while the next says it doesn't matter to handling but having a wider tire protects the rim from scrapes.

Any side-by-side experience out there?

That is correct, the Giulietta uses 12mm bolts. The 159 and most likely the Giulia aswell use 14mm.
The head however is the same (diameter).
Don't ask me how i know it (*cough* OZ *cough*)

·
Registered
143 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Are the dark Tecnicos darker than the dark 5 holes? They simply look black in the above pictures.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are the dark Tecnicos darker than the dark 5 holes? They simply look black in the above pictures.
Yes, though lighting does not help. But they are darker and more shiny smooth rather than flat/matte. I'll send a pick outside in bright natural light later today.

Chris

Reactions: stocki

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
They are the dark ones but I'll post pictures regardless ;)
Well, that is just black. I guess black is "dark" so calling them "dark" isn't lying...

I like the gloss gray of the dark 5 holes, so I guess I should factor in the cost of paint/powder coat in.

If you like "light" you could always strip the paint off and polish the metal. Polished metal is stronger than unfinished metal and aluminum is shinier than anything else (measurably), but polishing it is a messy PITA job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts