Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the reasoning behind the 5-hole only wheel option is that the Brembo CCM brake calipers don't clear the rim (or may so narrowly clear that it makes Alfa uncomfortable). So as long as CCM's are required, so are the 5-Holes. Obviously we all saw technicos with CCM's early on but there is a difference between rolling one onto a stage and actual real world driving. So hopefully they're redesigning the tecnicos a bit so that the big brembos fit. Because otherwise Thatboyasad is going to buy something German out of frustration.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ah dang, well that makes a bit of sense but how come R&D didn't take notice of that before?! Hopefully it can be corrected or just have whomever the manufacture is to change up the offset by a few mm. I really want the Dark Tecnico, I saw them in person and they look so good

Don't worry, I'm not frustrated or will get something else. Although it sucks to be waiting on ordering the vehicle due to the wheels

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah dang, well that makes a bit of sense but how come R&D didn't take notice of that before?! Hopefully it can be corrected or just have whomever the manufacture is to change up the offset by a few mm. I really want the Dark Tecnico, I saw them in person and they look so good

Don't worry, I'm not frustrated or will get something else. Although it sucks to be waiting on ordering the vehicle due to the wheels
Yeah I do really like that wheel. The HRE P101's are a pretty solid alternative when it comes down to it though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The technicos are pretty dope, but I still love that 5 hole dial look.. Its improved to me from the ones on the 4c.. Everyone keeps saying you don't wanna own the first new car, always get the second generation, so the quirks have been worked out.. I been putting a lot of blind faith in Alfa, but dang they are making me nervous...

·
Registered
6 Posts
but the tecnicos can be ordered if you choose the steel brakes right? FWIW the tecnicos are forged whereas the 5 holes are cast. also interesting is that the stelvio's 5 hole wheels look as if they are forged and not cast.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
If someone really wants the Tecnico wheels with the CCM brakes a 3mm or 5mm spacer would be a simple solution, and thin spacers like that rarely cause any issues at all.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but the tecnicos can be ordered if you choose the steel brakes right? FWIW the tecnicos are forged whereas the 5 holes are cast. also interesting is that the stelvio's 5 hole wheels look as if they are forged and not cast.
Yes when those brakes become available.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
If someone really wants the Tecnico wheels with the CCM brakes a 3mm or 5mm spacer would be a simple solution, and thin spacers like that rarely cause any issues at all.
Agreed!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Vendor
186 Posts
This is a nice combo:

We recently fit a set of the HRE101's to an Alfa Romeo 4C. This set is finished as "Frozen Gold" which has a frosted type of satin finish to it.

I think they'd look great on the Giulia in any color. Message us for info and the best prices.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
423 Posts
The above HRE101 is one sweet looking wheel! Forged aluminum construction I assume? Strong, light, but not cheap...worth it, IMO.

Perhaps my biggest pet peeve is how folks spend hard-earned money on awesome cars, then throw on cheap, poorly made RIMZ in large diameters (widths usually more narrow than stock too, if they even notice!!!)...

Second pet peeve is cheap tires. But hey, degrade the performance of your sport sedan...it's your car!

Until more options become available, I'm thinking Tecnico wheels for summer tires, beautiful 5-hole wheels for winter tires...

·
Registered
178 Posts
We recently fit a set of the HRE101's to an Alfa Romeo 4C. This set is finished as "Frozen Gold" which has a frosted type of satin finish to it.

I think they'd look great on the Giulia in any color. Message us for info and the best prices.

Here's a pic:
Oh my god, that 4C picture is incredible. If I wasn't leasing I would have to spring for those wheels. Incredible!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
5 Holes are dope on this car. They fit the Italian styling. Nothing against the Technicos.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
178 Posts
5 Holes are dope on this car. They fit the Italian styling. Nothing against the Technicos.
I agree of course! I have the combo I do because of the 5 hole wheels. I did not want to sport seats but had to have the wheels.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Does HRE have stock fitments for the QV yet?
When we commission a set of HRE's they are always custom order and offsets. Build time is about 6-8 weeks.

There isn't a "Stock" size for the QV from HRE, but we do start with the OEM fitment as a baseline and modify accordingly based on the wheel purchasers desires, as-in keep it OEM, go wider, fit different tires, etc.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
The above HRE101 is one sweet looking wheel! Forged aluminum construction I assume? Strong, light, but not cheap...worth it, IMO.
Yes, on the forged construction. 100% USA designed and manufactured. And, yes on strong, light, and not cheap:wink2:

Second pet peeve is cheap tires. But hey, degrade the performance of your sport sedan...it's your car!
This 4C is outfitted with a set of Bridgestone RE-71R's btw.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts

Here's a pic:
Yowza! Can you provide more information about the HRE wheels? HRE seems to be rather coy about the weights of their wheels except for the purpose made R101 series (more-or-less 16.7 pounds for a 19x9.5 for a BMW M3), is about 3.5 pounds lighter than the 19x10 Tecnico wheels.

They spec 6061-T6 alloy, which certainly is not the strongest aluminum alloy, although it may be the strongest forge-able alloy. Do you have strength information relative to the stock Giulia wheels?

The prices shown on the HRE website approach the price of carbon-fiber wheels. Are you also looking at selling CF wheels to fit AR products? I am interested in CF wheels (such as ESE or Carbon Research), but not in being some manufacturer's beta tester.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts