Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to ask anyone how long they might think it would take to get a battery replaced and some software updated on their car they might say "hmm drop it off at the dealer early morning and at worst maybe have to pick it up around close of business".

That's a pretty bad turnaround for what's at max a 2 hour job, but unfortunately it's what we've grown to expect at a dealer service department. Unfortunately even that hasn't been my experience.....

My Giulia QV died while driving last Monday (July 20) and has been at the dealer for a battery replacement and software update (faulty fuel level) for........ drumroll please.......10 days now! All the while never once receiving a call from them about it's status. On the contrary it's taken up wayyyyy too much of my time everyday trying to get a hold of anybody there, let alone my service advisor.

I would like to note that on the other hand, Alfa Premium Care has been outstanding and my case manager there has been as accommodating as she can be.

Reactions: Kefurr

Registered
I have been in new vehicle sales for over 10 years now, and sadly, 8 times out of 10, I end up forcing the service department to take care of the issue once the customer has finally had enough of the run around and they finally reach out to me for help. I would try reaching out to your sales rep.

I will vouch for Alfa Care - they handled everything for me, including reaching out to the dealer (who also conveniently never answered for me but always seemed to answer for them). They were top notch, the dealer was not.

Best of luck with everything.

Reactions: toradora and Kefurr

Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
If you were to ask anyone how long they might think it would take to get a battery replaced and some software updated on their car they might say "hmm drop it off at the dealer early morning and at worst maybe have to pick it up around close of business".

That's a pretty bad turnaround for what's at max a 2 hour job, but unfortunately it's what we've grown to expect at a dealer service department. Unfortunately even that hasn't been my experience.....

My Giulia QV died while driving last Monday (July 20) and has been at the dealer for a battery replacement and software update (faulty fuel level) for........ drumroll please.......10 days now! All the while never once receiving a call from them about it's status. On the contrary it's taken up wayyyyy too much of my time everyday trying to get a hold of anybody there, let alone my service advisor.

I would like to note that on the other hand, Alfa Premium Care has been outstanding and my case manager there has been as accommodating as she can be.
by chance was Elizabeth handling your case? The one time I had to use them she was fantastic to deal with!

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
by chance was Elizabeth handling your case? The one time I had to use them she was fantastic to deal with!
It actually might be! Her emails have said Beth in signature line, so very well could be Elizabeth.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I have been in new vehicle sales for over 10 years now, and sadly, 8 times out of 10, I end up forcing the service department to take care of the issue once the customer has finally had enough of the run around and they finally reach out to me for help. I would try reaching out to your sales rep.

I will vouch for Alfa Care - they handled everything for me, including reaching out to the dealer (who also conveniently never answered for me but always seemed to answer for them). They were top notch, the dealer was not.

Best of luck with everything.
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I bought the car out of state and not from this dealer. I do see how it could benefit having the salesperson on my side to help the situation though.

Registered
Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I bought the car out of state and not from this dealer. I do see how it could benefit having the salesperson on my side to help the situation though.
Oh damn, well I can also tell you that something as simple as mentioning leaving terrible reviews on Google, Dealer Rater, etc... could help motivate them some as well. This business is a word of mouth business and bad experiences spread much faster than the good ones. Worth a mention.

Registered
2017 Giulia QV Rosso Competizione
Ohhh, all very normal for Alfa I suppose.

Dropped off my QV three days ago for some warranty work.. Issues.
No update.. Nothing..

But at least I was given a sewing machine to drive.

Registered
Guess I gotta be thankful for my dealer.. (Alfa San Diego)
I showed up 2 hours before schedule for oil change, brake fluid flush and W05 recall... they still took me in right away and I was out in less than 2 hours.

Registered
Guess I gotta be thankful for my dealer.. (Alfa San Diego)
I showed up 2 hours before schedule for oil change, brake fluid flush and W05 recall... they still took me in right away and I was out in less than 2 hours.
Same, Alfa San Diego did my 20k and oil, as well as the o-ring TSB (was that the W05?) and a software update. (Not to mention I got to ogle a '20, a Stelvio QV, and a 4C.) Great service, would recommend.

It's such a shame that the Alfa network is so hit-and-miss. Are other brand's dealerships like this?

Registered
Same, Alfa San Diego did my 20k and oil, as well as the o-ring TSB (was that the W05?) and a software update. (Not to mention I got to ogle a '20, a Stelvio QV, and a 4C.) Great service, would recommend.

It's such a shame that the Alfa network is so hit-and-miss. Are other brand's dealerships like this?
I can say that they are. I have had similar issues with Mazda and BMW and lets not forget Jeep. The only brands I have had consistently good experience with are Lexus and Porsche.

Jeep had a recall (federally mandated) and they needed to keep my vehicle for three days. "Would you like us to call Enterprise for you so you can rent a car on your dime as we sit on your vehicle for as long as we like?" I kept my Jeep for about 8 months after buying it new, sold it at a loss and never looked at the brand again.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Well it's been 11 days, but I finally have my car back!
I wish I could find more info on the software updates they did but not much comes up on the keyword search.

Here's what my work order says:

Software Updates:

01 Menu Items

Update Modules:
ECM1 and ECM2 18-19-6-9W
TCM 18-19-05-KH
BCM 18-19-02-EK
IPC 18-19-47-CH

Registered
Well it's been 11 days, but I finally have my car back!
I wish I could find more info on the software updates they did but not much comes up on the keyword search.

Here's what my work order says:

Software Updates:

01 Menu Items

Update Modules:
ECM1 and ECM2 18-19-6-9W
TCM 18-19-05-KH
BCM 18-19-02-EK
IPC 18-19-47-CH
Awesome! Hopefully you get to enjoy her worry free for a while.

Registered

the short answer is YES, there are other brand's dealerships that really leave a lot to be desired. the difference is that there are usually multiple dealer options for one brand in close proximity. Not so much with Alfa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts