Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm taking my '17 in for the W05 next week, and am wondering if there are any software updates I should ask them to do? Just checked my car, and I am currently running .002.009.043. I've owned the car since new, so all previous recalls have been done.

Appreciate your input, thanks.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
You want the infotainment updated to MV 002.010.041, latest update.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much @AlfaCrisis
Sorry for the uneducated question, but does this update solve the reboot issue that some of us were having a while ago? When it stopped happening, I just forgot about it. Also, does it make the backup screen larger? Thank you again.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Sorry for the uneducated question, but does this update solve the reboot issue that some of us were having a while ago? When it stopped happening, I just forgot about it. Also, does it make the backup screen larger? Thank you again.
.002.009.059 fixed the reboot (supposedly), so I’m sure that fix has been incorporated into .002.010.041.

Let me know if you see an increase in backup camera. No difference from .043–>.059.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks @wingler I'm taking the car in next Tuesday, so I'll report back then. I thought I remembered seeing something here on the Forums that backup screen was larger post update, but I may be mistaken.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
As noted, .059 solved that issue. The .010 version is simply improvements and MAY, just may, play into a plan to make map updates available for owner installation. Of course, that’s potentially pure dreams, because @AlfaRomeoCares won’t answer and the Executive Referrals Manager who promised such ability by Dec also won’t respond to emails anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was recently updated from .059 -> .041. The radio seems to be really laggy now when changing stations and after about 20 min driving the favorites won’t work for any Sirius station. I’m going to ask the dealer to look into but curious if anyone else is having this issue?

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I was recently updated from .059 -> .041. The radio seems to be really laggy now when changing stations and after about 20 min driving the favorites won’t work for any Sirius station. I’m going to ask the dealer to look into but curious if anyone else is having this issue?
I think the Aussie’s have also reported issues with voice input for the NAV not working. Have you tested that?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Had this done today in about half an hour...the only change I noticed is the annoying high pitch noise of probably the turbo cooling pump stays on now for quite some time after shutting down the engine...

·
Registered
7 Posts
That turbo coolant pump run time was one of the main causes for this whole W05 recall. The turbo wasn't cooled enough and the line o-rings at the turbo started weeping oil and/or coolant.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maybe it's just my imagination, but Giulia seems "crisper" after having W05 done. I haven't been driving too much due to COVID, so maybe it's just me. Also, the camera seems better. Other than that, I still love this car after 2.5 years. Weather in Chicago is beautiful today - good day for a wash/clay/wax!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The W05 is a big software update for the ECM (and TCM if the car is MY19 or newer) and it actually resets all the adaptations, including boost tables etc etc. Also during the W05 the "phonic wheel replacement" relearn is done when the car learns the relations between cam- and crankshaft again. The point being is that I don't think it's your imagination that the Giulia is little crisper. Happy waxing!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
As noted, .059 solved that issue. The .010 version is simply improvements and MAY, just may, play into a plan to make map updates available for owner installation. Of course, that’s potentially pure dreams, because @AlfaRomeoCares won’t answer and the Executive Referrals Manager who promised such ability by Dec also won’t respond to emails anymore.
Map updates already work with .059, .010 won't be necessary for that. Unfortunately the coronavirus situation has dramatically affected what was planned and when. Hopefully once they can get back to work at HQ in Michigan, they'll be able to get the map updates available. Last I talked to them they were working on how to manage the process. In addition to the virus effects, they're also going through a merger which has affected personnel and positions. As soon as I can reconnect to my contact, I'll see if I can get better information that I am able to relay. Right now everything is in limbo until they can get back into the office.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
400 Posts
Thanks for the info Eagle7. I do hope that they will actually implement map updates. How hard can it be? They have an entire functional platform for all of Europe. Seems turnkey. I've had my car for 3 years with zero map updates. I feel like they are just waiting for people to sell them so the problem self solves. I will be shocked if they ever offer them.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks for the info Eagle7. I do hope that they will actually implement map updates. How hard can it be? They have an entire functional platform for all of Europe. Seems turnkey. I've had my car for 3 years with zero map updates. I feel like they are just waiting for people to sell them so the problem self solves. I will be shocked if they ever offer them.
They have them, it's just a matter of working out how to get them to everybody.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had mine done today, good to learn it wasn’t my imagination that the car built up boost with a little more urgency, very noticeable.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I guess I’m the exception, I can tell 0 difference other than the turbo cooling running longer after shutdown. Why would this update improve any performance aspects of the car?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Adaptations are reset so some may drive more relaxed than others and the ecu learns that. Once it’s reset, it’s back to factory essentially

1 - 20 of 20 Posts