Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone go and if yes, how was it? I would have, but it was Masters Weekend and that is a conflict I couldn't deal with.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not sure if there was a specific Alfa Romeo trip, but I've been on organized trips in the past (Genesis Coupe club and Audi Club) and they've been fantastic. Lots of great roads in that area and I'm sure the Giulia would be a hoot on while the dragon is crowded during the peak day hours.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have been there with motorcycle in the past, hugely overcrowded and people have wide spectrum of skils so it is quite a hassle really....as previous poster said, area is ful of great roads in general, Tail is just so famous that you are almost always in a rush hour type traffic:(

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have been there with motorcycle in the past, hugely overcrowded and people have wide spectrum of skils so it is quite a hassle really....as previous poster said, area is ful of great roads in general, Tail is just so famous that you are almost always in a rush hour type traffic:(
Agreed. The Tail gets all the press, but there are many great roads in Western NC, Eastern TN. I used to live in the area and highly recommend the 40 miles of US 321 between Boone NC and Hampton TN- a beautiful, long, twisty road with very little traffic (but watch out for that long, open, innocuous-looking decreasing radius turn near the lake, lol). I'm already looking forward to driving it this Christmas when I go visit the relatives.

·
Registered
315 Posts

Agreed. The Tail gets all the press, but there are many great roads in Western NC, Eastern TN. I used to live in the area and highly recommend the 40 miles of US 321 between Boone NC and Hampton TN- a beautiful, long, twisty road with very little traffic (but watch out for that long, open, innocuous-looking decreasing radius turn near the lake, lol). I'm already looking forward to driving it this Christmas when I go visit the relatives.
I just mapped the 321 you mention.....it does look enticing..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, I went. The event was piggybacked on a mature (event, not necessarily participants) Fiat event. Giulia’s out numbered by 4c’s. Maybe a dozen Alfa’s total. There was a profession production crew sent by Alfa that spent Friday filming. The Dragon was as anticipated. Eurocompulsion was there as were several Fiat focused vendors. A good time was had by all.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. That was the event I had read about on this forum a few months in advance. I had hoped to go but other things conspired against it. Maybe next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts