Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just picked up the car from Hendrick in Cary, NC. The Campaign T57 software and drivability enhancement was completed which included reprogramming the Power Train Control module and inspection on the exhaust temp sensor (per notes on the paperwork).
Just got back from the T57 update at Leith M/AR in Raleigh. What a frustrating experience. A employee started arguing with me about a replacement part they had agreed to pre-order for me (a dash knob). They hadn't ordered it.

Also, when I made the appointment I specifically asked them to update the infotainment system at the same time to keep me from having to make two trips (I live 30 miles away). After waiting for 2.5 hours they brought the car around, washed, but they had not done the infortainment update... "Oh, did you want that done, too?" Grrrr! So now I have to take it back and wait 5 more hours for that update.

As for the T57 drivability upgrade - it's great. I think think it even sounds better. The car accelerates much more smoothly from a stop now, even though I was not unhappy beforehand.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Just got back from the T57 update at Leith M/AR in Raleigh. What a frustrating experience. A employee started arguing with me about a replacement part they had agreed to pre-order for me (a dash knob). They hadn't ordered it.

Also, when I made the appointment I specifically asked them to update the infotainment system at the same time to keep me from having to make two trips (I live 30 miles away). After waiting for 2.5 hours they brought the car around, washed, but they had not done the infortainment update... "Oh, did you want that done, too?" Grrrr! So now I have to take it back and wait 5 more hours for that update.

As for the T57 drivability upgrade - it's great. I think think it even sounds better. The car accelerates much more smoothly from a stop now, even though I was not unhappy beforehand.
Thanks for that update 90below. Even though I didn’t get what I’d consider the premium car experience at Hendricks, at least they did what they were supposed to do, and responded to my input. Guess I’ll stick with them for now, you’ve saved me from a long drive that I always dread....I was reminded of that when I took my daughters BMW up there for service two weeks ago!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I am takong car in early tomorrow...really dont know what to expect...seems like some cars are responding while most feel zero improvement...

Could it just be some leftover 17s still have not had all previous updates done? I had driveability update last July I think..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for that update 90below. Even though I didn’t get what I’d consider the premium car experience at Hendricks, at least they did what they were supposed to do, and responded to my input. Guess I’ll stick with them for now, you’ve saved me from a long drive that I always dread....I was reminded of that when I took my daughters BMW up there for service two weeks ago!
I don't want to give a wrong impression. Although they did not do everything they were supposed to they did wash the car, fill the washer fluid, and do a free multi-point inspection. And it was a real inspection - they actually found the plug in my right tear tire. Except for the first guy who wrote down what I wanted done incorrectly and was arguing with me about it, they were all very nice. If you go, just make sure you have everything rock solid on what you want them to do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had the T57 done yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. The throttle response was instantly improved - feels 'tighter.' For lack of a better way to describe it, it feels more like a 'normal/traditional' gas pedal should. Seems like it shifts easier, too, after about 120 miles or so. Incidentally, the ECU was current with updates prior to the T57, so I'm relatively certain this 'campaign' is responsible for the improved drivability (as advertised). Very pleased.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Just got the letter in the mail for this update. It mentions a change to the start/stop function. Does anybody know if this enables the ability to permanently turn it off?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Just got the letter in the mail for this update. It mentions a change to the start/stop function. Does anybody know if this enables the ability to permanently turn it off?
It doesn’t

I noticed some improvement but darn if I can tell you exactly what it is....just feels two percent better...or my coffee was just fantastic...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
It doesn’t

I noticed some improvement but darn if I can tell you exactly what it is....just feels two percent better...or my coffee was just fantastic...
Well if it isn't the car... what brand of coffee do you drink? lol
I am partial to any coffee from Trieste, Illy preferably....from San Marco espresso machine...have some, Giulia will be even more perfect after that:)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had the T57 done yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. The throttle response was instantly improved - feels 'tighter.' For lack of a better way to describe it, it feels more like a 'normal/traditional' gas pedal should. Seems like it shifts easier, too, after about 120 miles or so. Incidentally, the ECU was current with updates prior to the T57, so I'm relatively certain this 'campaign' is responsible for the improved drivability (as advertised). Very pleased.
The dealer let me drive a Quadrifoglio while I was waiting for the update, and my first impression after getting back in my car was how much the throttle and shifts felt like the QV I had just driven. Before the update my car was so random I had been afraid to pull out onto traffic because I was never quite sure how it would respond to the throttle. The car is much more predictable now. I think it was a great upgrade.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
LOoks like they somehow consolidated changes for all previous versions hence some cars feel substantially better and others marginally....i just had a nice drive and it seems that the biggest change is in subtle improvement in transition from off to on throttle....whatever small hesitation that was left from previous (bedore July update in 17) sometimes even jerky response after off throttle or longer coasting (including transmisson hunting for a brief time) is now even smoother and more immediate but change is barely perceptible on my car....I wonder if MacGeek has any details on this T57....

·
Registered
647 Posts
T57 Completed --- Jerking Gone!

Already had my purchase dealer's RRT's service back in Oct that solved most of my minor irritations, rough idle at start up, several shut downs, oil temp reading, grabby brakes at slow speed stopping and plus the glove box and smell issue (neither which bothered me). However, they didn't update my info software or fix my "jerking" issue. Changed to a new dealer for my complimentary 1st year service/oil change, infotainment software update from 020-055 and the T57 recall. Mike, the service manager weeks ago knew about the T57 by checking my VIN# when making the service appointment, even before I received the mail notification. My "jerking" issue had become more frequent recently with the warmer weather. He thought it would fix the jerking issue and the technician/mechanic confirmed it before even looking at my Giulia. I know where I'll have all my future service done.

They finished the service in way under a full day. The info updates are nice. The jerking is gone! I'm happy as a clam (Ivar's talk)!

Thanks to Seattle Maserati/Ferrari/Alfa Romeo. Highly Recommended!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I took my car to a questionable dealership that only has 1 certified Alfa Romeo tech who is fairly new, I have had nothing but issues when dealing with this service center, took it in to fix something they had broke and from a previous visit and asked if they could also take care of the T57 recall. Got the car back and noticed no difference in performance and car still shifts hard from 1st to second and when in Dynamic mode there is very noticeable delay in power and acceleration when the pedal is pressed down, does not always occur but occurs enough to be an annoyance. My question is, is there any way to check and see if the T57 has been performed? since I am pretty sure they forgot to perform the fix.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had the t57 update done a couple of days ago. I've noticed a dramatic improvement in the start / stop system. Its not ideal but it stops and starts much more smoothy now and seems to turn off less quickly which is a plus. The shifting also seems more linear and smooth. Really happy with the improvements .

·
Registered
647 Posts
I took my car to a questionable dealership that only has 1 certified Alfa Romeo tech who is fairly new, I have had nothing but issues when dealing with this service center, took it in to fix something they had broke and from a previous visit and asked if they could also take care of the T57 recall. Got the car back and noticed no difference in performance and car still shifts hard from 1st to second and when in Dynamic mode there is very noticeable delay in power and acceleration when the pedal is pressed down, does not always occur but occurs enough to be an annoyance. My question is, is there any way to check and see if the T57 has been performed? since I am pretty sure they forgot to perform the fix.
Just a thought. I went in to make an appointment with my new dealer service consultant (not the selling dealer whose service I was not thrilled with), before I had even received the T57 recall letter from AR. He told me that from entering my VIN # into his computer with AR it showed I needed the T57 recall service. I imagine that recall notice is no longer there for my VIN # since it was definitely done and my jerking is gone and she drives like a dream. If you call AR or send a PM to Alfa Romeo Cares they might be able to do the same and find out if it was in fact done.

·
Super Moderator
2,991 Posts
Vector2.8 said:
Just a thought. I went in to make an appointment with my new dealer service consultant (not the selling dealer whose service I was not thrilled with), before I had even received the T57 recall letter from AR. He told me that from entering my VIN # into his computer with AR it showed I needed the T57 recall service. I imagine that recall notice is no longer there for my VIN # since it was definitely done and my jerking is gone and she drives like a dream. If you call AR or send a PM to Alfa Romeo Cares they might be able to do the same and find out if it was in fact done.
I agree that contacting @AlfaRomeoCares is a good idea.
FCA's phone number is: 844-253-2872
Alternately, contacting a different AR dealer and explain the circumstance and issues. They might be able to address whatever is wrong. (I'm trying hard to not say that the first dealer did something wrong, as it's possible they did nothing wrong.)

I think you should try talking with the servicing dealer first and see what happens.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Vector2.8,

Not sure which "questionable dealership" you are referring to, but when I got my recall notice a few weeks ago I called down to Mossy. They asked my VIN, ran a quick check, and informed me that mine had been done prior to my purchasing the vehicle.

Saved me a trip.

If you need the update, I'd recommend you take it to them. Depending on where you are in SD it may be a pain to drive to National City, but for what it is worth they have been good to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,991 Posts
Hi Vector2.8,

Not sure which "questionable dealership" you are referring to, but when I got my recall notice a few weeks ago I called down to Mossy. They asked my VIN, ran a quick check, and informed me that mine had been done prior to my purchasing the vehicle.

Saved me a trip.

If you need the update, I'd recommend you take it to them. Depending on where you are in SD it may be a pain to drive to National City, but for what it is worth they have been good to me.
I need a good excuse for a road trip. LOL I'm always up for a road trip.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts