Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I got a notification for the TSB and here is what was included in the PDF:

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software on your vehicle may set erroneous fault codes and cause the Check Engine Indicator Light to illuminate. This condition may cause the vehicle to stall after restart following refueling while the vehicle is stationary. Additionally, due to a software issue in the Transmission Control Module (TCM), you may feel a jerking condition when the vehicle starts to move after a stop/start event. In addition, an update to the On-Board Diagnostic system may be necessary. Finally, an inspection of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) temperature sensor is required, as some may have been damaged during the manufacturing process.

Hope this helps,
David

·
Registered
5 Posts
T57 only refers to the 2.0L engine. There might be a separate recall for the QV. Not sure.

The update includes: Reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. In addition, an update to the On-Board Diagnostic system is necessary.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Both model years?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
OK, so I loaded the Alfa Ap, registered my vehicle, clicked "recalls" and got "internal server error".

<sigh>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go to Google and type Google play alfa romeo or enter this url:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alfa.companion

and click on the search or press enter or whatever is required to make it go.

If your question relates to the iPhone, I do not know and I do not care.

And I did test this crap.
Thanks, found it for the iPad by googling, but could not find it in the App Store by searching
This recall just sounds bad.
According to the app tho, I’m not in the recall.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I spoke with our local dealer today about an issue I was having and he check my VIN on updates (bought out of state). One thing that he mentioned in our conversation was the QV has had far fewer updates than the Giulia that i thought was odd but never the less as a new owner felt good about that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks, found it for the iPad by googling, but could not find it in the App Store by searching
You'll have to change the search on your iPad to search for iPhone-only apps. It's called Alfa Romeo for Owners.

Edit: My 2018 Ti Sport shows no recalls in the app.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The app told me their were no recalls on my car, but when I looked closer I saw this repair was part of a “campaign” (not a recall) and does apply to my car. btw, I’m using the My MOPAR app vs the Alfa app for iPhone.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts