Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a 2017 Giulia Ti Lusso with 140 miles and 1 owner. Apparently, the owner returned it after an "electrical problem" which resolved by resetting the software according to the dealer and is selling it for 10k under MSRP.

The carfax says:
FCA US LLC Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction
Notification issued
#T57 T57- SOFTWARE AND DRIVABILITY ENHANCEMENT

Anyone else with this issue? Should I pull the trigger?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Definitely not.

You can find a good deal on a MY18 and not have to worry about that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
T57 is not a remedy for any electrical issue, its a cocktail of drivability updates....

How does one return a car with 140 miles after they bought it?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I would not have a problem with that. Like the previous poster said if you can do the same deal on a 2018 Lusso of course you would take that but I am guessing you are not finding that. The update would not bother me because I keep my cars. Price would drive my decision so do your homework and then make your decision based on what your options are.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Run away. T57 is supposed to address jerky starts but it did nothing for me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I am considering buying a 2017 Giulia Ti Lusso with 140 miles and 1 owner. Apparently, the owner returned it after an "electrical problem" which resolved by resetting the software according to the dealer and is selling it for 10k under MSRP.

The carfax says:
FCA US LLC Manufacturer Customer Satisfaction
Notification issued
#T57 T57- SOFTWARE AND DRIVABILITY ENHANCEMENT

Anyone else with this issue? Should I pull the trigger?
Thanks in advance for your comments.

That depends what the electrical problem was...T57 was released to deal with a bunch of driveablity issues, including a check engine light, throttle light, etc...so it may have been one of those problems that the original owner was having. If that was the case then yes, buy it and enjoy it, $10k is a great discount and I’m sure the car still has the factory warranty so no worries.
@alfa55, if you have a 2.0 there is another update that was just released if you’re still having problems.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
T57 is not a remedy for any electrical issue, its a cocktail of drivability updates....

How does one return a car with 140 miles after they bought it?
Look at the threads. One had 70 miles and got a buyback. Complain enough and it takes 31 days for a dealer to work out the problem AR appears ready to buy back. I am sure it was even easier when they first rolled out the 2017s last year when the issues were first popping up.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
AlfaTech, what does the new update do?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look at the threads. One had 70 miles and got a buyback. Complain enough and it takes 31 days for a dealer to work out the problem AR appears ready to buy back. I am sure it was even easier when they first rolled out the 2017s last year when the issues were first popping up.
Also wondering if the car was "punched" to meet sales goals at the end of the quarter, had the T57 completed, then put up for sale as used. Not that I would purchase it, but it is a possibility.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Also wondering if the car was "punched" to meet sales goals at the end of the quarter, had the T57 completed, then put up for sale as used. Not that I would purchase it, but it is a possibility.
They would have bought it for a demo, they don’t sell them to a customer and then buy them back to make quota, buying a lot car and listing it as a demo counts as a sale. Often you can buy a demo with under 500knonnit, that’s why...actually my in laws for a Cherokee that same way last year, was a demo but only had 100km.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Point being, how you gonna start with an Alfa Romeo lemon? Your call, but an easy pass for me given a nunal sum of money. $10k ain’t really **** over a typical 24 or 36 month term which is gong to score a $5k discount anyway...$5k for a bag of headaches? Nah...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts