Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
The T57 update was specific to MY17, but both years have had some “bugs”. No big mechanical issues, mainly SW. but as you’re planning to lease, not much risk, so why worry.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm currently sitting in the dealer service center for the same PCM recall, and when he ran my VIN once I got into the office he discovered a brand new recall that they're going to run an update for apparently. I briefly noticed it was something for both the Giulia and Stelvio 2.0L models. I'll update once it's complete (60-90 minute wait).

·
Registered
473 Posts
Got the most recent "recall" update over a week ago and so far it has cured all of my Giulia's ills. I was getting warning lights about every other day.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Strangely enough I got no warning lights of any kind. Also the service rep just informed me that they talked to the Alfa rep and the latest recall (something for the cat. converter) was apparently just discovered and released. I guess for most of the 2.0L owners here don't be shocked if one comes in the mail. They're apparently almost done running the update.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Got the T57 and UA4 updates today. My immediate first impression is the braking is definitely smoother and feels more linear. Acceleration is different because they seem to have made a lot of changes to the shift logic of the transmission. The rolling dead space between 1st and 2nd is nowhere near as pronounced as it was. Upshifts are slightly smoother, but downshifts when braking are a lot smoother. I'm assuming the same improvements will apply to hard acceleration, but I couldn't test that because it's been raining here all day and traffic conditions were marginal at best.

Overall it feels like a good update.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts