Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the trigger on an '18 Trofeo White QV. Flying to Vegas next Saturday to close the deal then driving her back to the Bay. Death Valley? I-5? The coast? So many options, so little time, so much fun. Counting the hours ...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Drive her up at a minimum in D mode and enjoy the ride.... Congrats!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on an '18 Trofeo White QV. Flying to Vegas next Saturday to close the deal then driving her back to the Bay. Death Valley? I-5? The coast? So many options, so little time, so much fun. Counting the hours ...
Congrats OP! You're livin' the dream!

I hope to be in your shoes in a couple years.

Must be hard for you to sleep at night! Please post pics of your QV/drive home!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the good wishes all. Yeah, the nice thing about living out West is I can drive her home in February without swapping the Pirellis out first! I will try (TRY!) to break her in slowly, but that will be difficult if my 5 minute test drive is any indication ... I assume Alfa will recommend keeping it below 5000 rpm for the first 500-1000 miles or so, but need to check

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Thanks for the good wishes all. Yeah, the nice thing about living out West is I can drive her home in February without swapping the Pirellis out first! I will try (TRY!) to break her in slowly, but that will be difficult if my 5 minute test drive is any indication ... I assume Alfa will recommend keeping it below 5000 rpm for the first 500-1000 miles or so, but need to check
"Drive her like you stole her" from day one...... that is what I have done with all my high performance cars and haven't regretted it ........0:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Drive her like you stole her" from day one...... that is what I have done with all my high performance cars and haven't regretted it ........0:)
Shweet! Coming from a BMW 135i and an Audi A4 before that (not to mention a whole line of lesser lights before that). Both of those needed a little love and tenderness at the start. And both of those could get up and go, but nothing like this.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Awesome drive today after I fixed the bumper/diffuser tab. Race mode all the way. I think I chirped the tires too ;) Miata has rain duty tomorrow.

Reactions: fortunato17

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Congrats! so exciting :D

+1 on that death valley drive... it is phenomenal and would highly recommend. We went to Mount Whitney after reading some articles on 'the best roads in the US'. Will make a great photo opp if you pop there, the area is used for a lot of movies. This a cool pic from from my drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Be aware of the break-in recommendations.
This thread talks about the warning in the manual to not "drive to full car performance (e.g., excessive acceleration, long journeys at top speed, sharp braking, etc.)" for the first 1,000 miles, but that will be taken care of by my wife joining me on the journey. :)

You got anything else?

T-3 days and counting ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts