Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Sweden.
I will get my new Giulia in a couple of weeks. A 2.0T RWD, "only" 200hp-version.
Solid Black, red interioir, red/black seats. :laugh:

I´ve been thinking about to switch the black start button to the red from the Q-model...
Would be nice and beautiful. Is that possible? Same size and easy to replace?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm interested too.

I thought of making and selling a molded red plastic overlay that would go over the black button. But getting the light to shine thru properly would be a challenge and tooling gets expensive.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When I picked up my Quadrifoglio my dealer told me that he had swapped quite a few buttons.
A lot of his customers liked the red button. He told me that the whole button including the switch can be swapped.
The button can be ordered as a spare part.

Hope this answers your questions.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
That's what I figured. Good to know it's been done already. Now the same should apply to the rear spoiler, although a bit more expensive ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's what I figured. Good to know it's been done already. Now the same should apply to the rear spoiler, although a bit more expensive ;)
A bit more tricky, you will need to replace the whole rear section. Not only the diffuser part but also the whole rear bumper. The bumper on a Quad is wider so replacing the diffuser will not work.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input...
I´ve sent a mail to my dealer and asked them to order a button and mount it before delivery.
It will be nice. :grin2:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I think the red button only adds horsepower when it's connected to 2.9 ltr V6.>:)

Teasing! I agree the black button is kind of plain. Silver might have been more interesting to look at.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
A bit more tricky, you will need to replace the whole rear section. Not only the diffuser part but also the whole rear bumper. The bumper on a Quad is wider so replacing the diffuser will not work.
I said spoiler not diffuser. I was specific about that because the Ti Sport has a pretty descent diffuser with dual exhaust. And yes, the Quad diffuser is racey-complicated-cool ;)

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I think the red button only adds horsepower when it's connected to 2.9 ltr V6.>:)

Teasing! I agree the black button is kind of plain. Silver might have been more interesting to look at.
Waaahhh! :crying:

But yes, I was convinced the color difference was a marketing ploy to push us all up to QV. And how about the wheel center caps? And steering wheel center? I love the heraldry of the Alfa logo. I want to see it everywhere ;) I also want to match it on the brake calipers. Green calipers on a red body is too Christmas-y but maybe blue calipers? That would be cool. But yellow is the available choice for me. Whoever chooses silver calipers on drilled or carbon rotors should be busted down to base with ugly 7 hole wheels and have naked metal instead. :p

Reactions: DragonKart

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi from Sweden.
I will get my new Giulia in a couple of weeks. A 2.0T RWD, "only" 200hp-version.
Solid Black, red interioir, red/black seats. :laugh:

I´ve been thinking about to switch the black start button to the red from the Q-model...
Would be nice and beautiful. Is that possible? Same size and easy to replace?
I got mine swapped today (dealer performed the swap).

Below are some details that may be useful to people looking to do the same thing:

Pictures of black button after being removed:

Pictures of red button after being installed:

Picture of the box the red button came in:

Red button cost about $60 USD.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts