Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supersprint Race axle back has finally been installed! Axle back consists of the rear and mid pipe + connector that mates the mid pipe with the stock front pipe.. The front pipe is stock.

Paired with EC V2 Intake, EC Phase 2 + PB's.

Overall initial impression
Deep and throaty sound- sounds like a proper Italian car now. It's not loud by any means, but when you get on the gas she opens up beautifully. When redlining and up shifting it makes a nice 'brrrt' sound that will make you smile. I was initially going to go with the Remus axle back, but it seems everyone wanted a bit 'more' sound. I think the Supersprint Race axle back is the answer to those prayers. I know comparing clips doesn't do justice, but after comparing numerous Remus clips along with my clips I feel the SS Race AB is definitely throatier and raspier - I am extremely happy I chose SS over Remus.

Cold starts sound amazing! Very throaty and raspy. You can hear the cold start from ~15-20 feet away. It's not loud by any means and that was my primary concern, since I live in an apartment complex and I like to wait for my car to fully warm up.

Driving
After the install I had a wonderful 2 hour drive back home where I was really able to listen to the exhaust (lots of stop and go traffic). Happy to report there is no drone at all with the exhaust. You can't hear the exhaust inside the cabin unless you step on it. Overall, very happy with the driving sound. City driving not really noticeable if you're trying to save MPG's and take it slow. If you let her loose you'll hear it open up, but you aren't turning heads either. It's subtle enough to let others know you're there. After 3k+ RPM's you're in auditory bliss. Combined with the V2 intake + Pops and bangs you get some great sound of the exhaust.

Vendor
I bought the exhaust through @Alfissimo. Seriously, Jason is awesome to deal with. He helped me out with the install and we talked for a few. Very personable guy and a pleasure to do business with. He'll be my go-to guy for my Alfa needs from now on.

Would I change anything?
Honestly, no. But after listening to @Alfissimo Giulia with a full SS Race setup I really want to pull the trigger on the full race setup now. I honestly thought the full race setup was going to be too much, but I was surprised she sounds tame, civilized, and not obtrusive at all. SS did an amazing job tuning the sound of the Giulia into a refined 4-cylinder beast. The full race setup does sound a bit throatier than Race AB. I am pretty sure, in the near future, I will be doing the full race setup. I was left wanting a bit more sound. But I am extremely satisfied on my Race AB.

Videos
The videos don't do justice at all on sound. I'll get some drive-by videos and in-cabin videos this week. It was raining in SoCal yesterday.

Cold Start

Some Rev's

Rev's Inside Car w/ door open

Warm Start Sound

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Great story. Thank you for posting.

·
Vendor
1,812 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts