Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Supersprint Tips are in From Italy.

I had these made up by Supersprint for the 2.0L Giulia. Due to Covid it took a bit longer than expected.

I had a long conversation about the logo on the tip with Supersprint, I preferred the original Supersprint Script with Horse on the pipe like they use to do it. They changed it recently to "SS" which I found boring but also it just did not capture who and what Supersprint is all about. They said they would change them all back.
😉
You are welcome!

They are available in Dark and Chrome. These are not inexpensive tail pipes, these are all hand made and very heavy duty, will last for a long time. You get what you pay for here.

– Limited stock but in stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Have they been tested yet to make sure they don't rattle in the exhaust shroud? Very little clearance...

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have they been tested yet to make sure they don't rattle in the exhaust shroud? Very little clearance...
Yes. 5mm clearance around it. Plenty of space, these exhausts don't move much.

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes. 5mm clearance around it. Plenty of space, these exhausts don't move much.
What is total diameter in mm? If 100 mm I doubt there will be 5 mm clearance on the base diffuser. Would love to see them installed.

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Vendor
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First time he announced he might install them was around christmas last year.
You sold your system. Don't worry about it. For the record I was suppose to receive before Christmas, not install them. Then covid hit Italy again. Delayed. Again don't worry about when I get them on, you are not planning on using them or buying them so what's the rush?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tips installed. Worth the wait. Love the stallion logo engraving on them. Thanks Jason!!!

Perfect compliment to my Supersprint race axle back exhaust.

Running the pipes through the faux stock tips left way too much cabin noise/drone for me especially at low rpm’s; as the rear bumper essentially serves as a subwoofer for the exhaust.

With these tips on I still get that glorious tone, gurgles on deceleration, and a nice pop/fart at high rpm manual shifts. For me it is perfect now.

Cold starts are still an event with the race exhaust that will add a rattle to my garage walls until the rpms drop, so please don’t misinterpret a quieter cabin as this being a quiet exhaust setup.

I did run some cheap amazon/ebay fake carbon fiber tips for a month or so before getting/putting these on. The cheap tips helped cleanup cabin noise/drone, but not to the extent the Superaprint tips do. The solidness and quality of the SS tips are far superior and also provide better tone.

If you have spent the money for a Supersprint exhaust and want less cabin noise I highly recommend these tips, even if they seem expensive compared to the made in china knockoff tips.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Tips installed. Worth the wait. Love the stallion logo engraving on them. Thanks Jason!!!

Perfect compliment to my Supersprint race axle back exhaust.

Running the pipes through the faux stock tips left way too much cabin noise/drone for me especially at low rpm’s; as the rear bumper essentially serves as a subwoofer for the exhaust.

With these tips on I still get that glorious tone, gurgles on deceleration, and a nice pop/fart at high rpm manual shifts. For me it is perfect now.

Cold starts are still an event with the race exhaust that will add a rattle to my garage walls until the rpms drop, so please don’t misinterpret a quieter cabin as this being a quiet exhaust setup.

I did run some cheap amazon/ebay fake carbon fiber tips for a month or so before getting/putting these on. The cheap tips helped cleanup cabin noise/drone, but not to the extent the Superaprint tips do. The solidness and quality of the SS tips are far superior and also provide better tone.

If you have spent the money for a Supersprint exhaust and want less cabin noise I highly recommend these tips, even if they seem expensive compared to the made in china knockoff tips.

View attachment 109856 View attachment 109857 View attachment 109858 View attachment 109859 View attachment 109860 View attachment 109861 View attachment 109862 View attachment 109863 View attachment 109865
Looks like you did the install yourself. How easy is it to remove the lower fascia and what size Torx bits are needed for the fascia and the false tip removal...These look great. I’m really looking forward to reducing the sound level inside the car from my SS Race exhaust. Thanks much for any info you can provide.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts