Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What good places have Giulia owners found to stow their sunglasses? The center console's bin is too small for mine in their case, and I prefer not to put them in the door pocket. The glove box is too far a reach unless I have a co-pilot, and the seatback pocket is awkward.

Reactions: Chramon

·
Registered
112 Posts
I use the little box to the left of the steering wheel. Perfect size for me.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Unfortunately this car does not have very good storage. The center console looks huge until you open the lid and look inside! And the glove box opens so flat that its will tend to fall out when you open the door.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the little box to the left of the steering wheel. Perfect size for me.
Thanks for the reminder. I took a quick look at it during my test drive (the sales associate didn't know there was a storage bin in that location) but didn't have my sunglasses with me (another cloudy day, what else is new).

Reactions: Bull

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep your sunglasses in cases? I have both sunglasses and spare set of normal glasses stored in the sidepocket, both in individual hardcases.
Yes. I received a nice semi-hard case from Breitling several years ago (their watches are also respectable). When my sunglasses aren't in it, my regular glasses are. Good to know there's room for more than one case, though. Thanks.
Now I need to find a really small 32GB or 64GB thumb drive for my music (my present car has an SD card slot, which I will miss).

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately this car does not have very good storage. The center console looks huge until you open the lid and look inside! And the glove box opens so flat that its will tend to fall out when you open the door.
I usually keep a camera in my glovebox and may need to get a smaller one for the Giulia. I'm not sure what I'll put in the console bin. Gotta find a small USB drive that doesn't take up too much of that precious space.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,025 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gotta find a small USB drive
How do you set it up? I guess just plug in and read from the 'media' selection? Would be nice not to drain the phone battery...

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
4,025 Posts
plug and play
insert USB and go to Media and you will see all the albums/tracks/genres/artists/ and can pick play all or play artist or play album etc

or voice command "play Led Zeppelin"

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
112 Posts
As a heads-up - I just read in the infotainment owner's manual, pg. 6 - the system only supports up to 64GB through USB. Don't get stuck with extra space you can't use.

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
57 Posts
As a heads-up - I just read in the infotainment owner's manual, pg. 6 - the system only supports up to 64GB through USB. Don't get stuck with extra space you can't use.
Good call. I was wondering what the max supported was.

If you are a iphone user like myself, but want to have a library of music on a USB key for convenience, you may run into issues with exporting music from your itunes, (m4a format), to guilia ready MP3. There is a simple way to do this using a 3rd party piece of software called media monkey. The full licence for MMonkey will cost you 25 dollars but it allows you to select music from your ITunes estate and export it to your USB drive, re-encoding as it copies.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the heads-up. I was planning to get a 32GB USB as the 16GB SD card I've been using doesn't quite hold my meager music collection.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
plug and play
insert USB and go to Media and you will see all the albums/tracks/genres/artists/ and can pick play all or play artist or play album etc

or voice command "play Led Zeppelin"
That last one could take a while. I once did a 300+ mile drive listening only to them (with a little Robert Plant solo material thrown in).

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good call. I was wondering what the max supported was.

If you are a iPhone user like myself, but want to have a library of music on a USB key for convenience, you may run into issues with exporting music from your itunes, (m4a format), to guilia ready MP3. There is a simple way to do this using a 3rd party piece of software called media monkey. The full licence for MMonkey will cost you 25 dollars but it allows you to select music from your iTunes estate and export it to your USB drive, re-encoding as it copies.
I've always just done a drag and drop. Worked in Ford and Chrysler products. Not Alfa Romeo?
Will the car play music directly from an iPhone plugged into a USB port or connected via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've always just done a drag and drop. Worked in Ford and Chrysler products. Not Alfa Romeo?
Will the car play music directly from an iPhone plugged into a USB port or connected via Bluetooth?
Yes, car plays from your iPhone just fine plugged in to USB and using bluetooth. At least mine does!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts