Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I did it on my BMW 335d.

Only issue was that some of the "larger footprint" sunglasses would not allow it to close all the way.

Other than that, it's a fine idea and good use in place of a useless handle.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Why reinvent the wheel? There is a great space for storing sunglasses to the left of the steering wheel area that we all use, it fits just about nothing else
That could be a lot of different locations, any pics?:grin2:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
What are you trying to say, the compartment that does not appear to be described anywhere in the manual and definitely doesn't appear under the name sunglasses holder is hard to find :wink2:

Its under the headlight control knob.
Well, I learned something new tonight, thank you!

I never even noticed that area, but my sunglasses fit in there perfectly!

Cheers!

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
The cubby to the left of the steering wheel works great for sunglasses, but IMHO was probably designed to hold 2 packs of cigarettes. This is somewhat of a tradition with Alfas - the Milano had a cubby there for exactly that purpose as well.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I drove for months before realizing that cubby was there... another one for the forum :D Thought it was the fuse box cover

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I find it hilarious that veterans of this forum with more than 1,000 posts like @FNM and @BostonDMD did not know about this cubby.
This car is full of surprises.
Personally I am too busy enjoying the car to its fullest (without getting in trouble)....... the QV is amazing......:wink2:

I will leave the specifics of the engine cover material and color, the reason of the .03 sec. hesitation on launch and ApplePlay functions to all other esteemed colleagues of this forum......:grin2:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I heard someone refer to that cubby as a holster. Not really sure what they were getting at. :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
Maybe this is why AR did not subdivide the console! What other surprises have we discovered? I think the AR designers put some real intelligence in the systems but without telling us the logic, we think it very strange at least at first.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The reason we don't get a spare tire in the Giulia is so that we have room to carry tools. We are more likely to need those than a tire.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Feel so silly...I didn't know about the little hiding spot till I read this thread...Had a similar smaller glass holder in my last Mustang....still learning things about this car..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
And it's lined too. Perfect for lenses! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
The sunglass holder to the left of the wheel works fine, it won't take a very large sunglass case, but it works fine with just the sunglasses by itself. It is pretty handy .....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts