Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ditched the gym early this morning and opted to wash the Giulia instead as the sun was starting to shine so nice here in NY for a change. Car looked so good after, I decided to let the small remnants of water left over after a hand dry dissipate at high speed.

I have only had her a little over a month, and decided today would be the day to do a little spirited driving to try out the manual paddles for real!

I must say, this car is just a pleasure to drive with a little extra lively step in the pedal!!!

Snappy, quick and playful is how I would describe my ride earlier. Its true that you just have to own one to understand the pleasure it brings upon driving, (as well as just looking at it.)

The smile it brings to my face every time I drive it, hammers home why I pulled the trigger on this awesome car.

The bad memory of being in the shop for over two weeks is just about gone!

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
good to hear dude! Think the majority of us know that feeling, I drum on about track days all the time but that's even MORE fun :D I'm sure a drive in the Giulia is better for your health than the gym!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
She is a blast in the twisties, for sure! :grin2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great story. I've had multiple cars with paddle shifters that were basically a replication of the autostick. The AR paddles experience is completely different from the competition.

·
Registered
109 Posts
@Grapple, completely agree. I traded in my BMW 650i for my Giulia. The 650 had "paddle shifters" as well, but they performed so sluggishly they were nothing but an annoyance. The Giulia manual shifting is the very next best thing to a real stick or a dual clutch. Truly like no other automatic car I've ever owned. Not even close.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ditched the gym early this morning and opted to wash the Giulia instead as the sun was starting to shine so nice here in NY for a change. Car looked so good after, I decided to let the small remnants of water left over after a hand dry dissipate at high speed.

I have only had her a little over a month, and decided today would be the day to do a little spirited driving to try out the manual paddles for real!

I must say, this car is just a pleasure to drive with a little extra lively step in the pedal!!!

Snappy, quick and playful is how I would describe my ride earlier. Its true that you just have to own one to understand the pleasure it brings upon driving, (as well as just looking at it.)

The smile it brings to my face every time I drive it, hammers home why I pulled the trigger on this awesome car.

The bad memory of being in the shop for over two weeks is just about gone!

Totally sums up how I feel about this car. Such a blast to drive. When I’m not driving her, I’m thinking about driving her. My wife suggested I take a part time as an Uber driver. Hmmm. Not such a silly idea.

Giulia Veloce. Stromboli Grey, Remus catback, red calipers, HK, black sports leather, sunroof. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
Slightly off-topic but up here in Western NY State we've been sunshine starved. Has been an interminable winter season. Psychologically draining. I can't wait 'till it's warm enough to open the windows and enjoy the Giulia in some actual spring weather.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I keep on hitting the rev limiter in first if I'm not paying attention>:) Paddle shifting is fun in the twisties.

Reactions: Woodstk88

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Hope you don't mind my adding to your thread. I had a fun Friday drive home in D accompanied by some of my "official" Friday songs. Just when I thought it couldn't get much better I caught and passed a Giulia just like mine on Woodward Avenue. The driver half noticed me before I pulled off. I hope he was having a nice ride home, too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not at all. Sounds great. Nothing like good tunes to make the ride even better! I drove up to Syracuse university with my daughter for open house yesterday, and the Giulia averaged 31.4 MPG on a 280 mile trip. Let's just say I enjoyed a very "Fast" trip even in the rain!!! Best part was we drove straight up in a little over 4 hrs. Back and legs felt great on arrival.....Looking forward to the ride back home early tomorrow. Nice job Alfa!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Not at all. Sounds great. Nothing like good tunes to make the ride even better! I drove up to Syracuse university with my daughter for open house yesterday, and the Giulia averaged 31.4 MPG on a 280 mile trip. Let's just say I enjoyed a very "Fast" trip even in the rain!!! Best part was we drove straight up in a little over 4 hrs. Back and legs felt great on arrival.....Looking forward to the ride back home early tomorrow. Nice job Alfa!
How did your daughter like Syracuse? Did you take interstates the whole way?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Loved it! Looks like that is where she will be going. Went through PA., so lots of 65 and a few 70 mph stretches. Car is smooth at speed. Came home today with dry weather, so much more enjoyable.
I have a great excuse for more road trips to visit her now in the future!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts