Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Just picked up a 2018 giulia base sport in masino blue yesterday in east bay California. Went with a lease to see how it goes. I've previously owned Subarus but wanted to try something different. I still have a 2005 legacy gt making 380whp that is prepped for track duty. So the giulia will be the fun commuter street car.

I have a lot of experience tuning turbo cars so I can always throw in my $0.02 as parts and tuning solutions present themselves. Does anyone have a cutaway image of the 2.0T engine? I'm not interested in modifying this car really but was curious.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome and enjoy !!! MacGeek might be able to get you the cutaway image you're looking for....We do have a few Forum members that are Tuning Vendors....and despite the Giulia being a new design there are already quite a few mods available.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :smile2:
Congrats :grin2:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Welcome to Club Alfa. Enjoy your new ride. >:)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts
Hello,
Just picked up a 2018 giulia base sport in masino blue yesterday in east bay California. Went with a lease to see how it goes. I've previously owned Subarus but wanted to try something different. I still have a 2005 legacy gt making 380whp that is prepped for track duty. So the giulia will be the fun commuter street car.

I have a lot of experience tuning turbo cars so I can always throw in my $0.02 as parts and tuning solutions present themselves. Does anyone have a cutaway image of the 2.0T engine? I'm not interested in modifying this car really but was curious.
Keep in mind that the transmission is rated for 500nm torque max and that a stage 1/road legal tune making ~ 350HP already comes close to that limit. Stronger transmissions are available from ZF to fit the Giulia QV, but it is not clear what is required to swap.

The redline is a modest 6250 RPM, so there might be room for more power that way. There are lots of electronics to deal with to make that happen though. Valve opening (not just timing) is electronically controlled via the multi-air 2 system.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep in mind that the transmission is rated for 500nm torque max and that a stage 1/road legal tune making ~ 350HP already comes close to that limit. Stronger transmissions are available from ZF to fit the Giulia QV, but it is not clear what is required to swap.

The redline is a modest 6250 RPM, so there might be room for more power that way. There are lots of electronics to deal with to make that happen though. Valve opening (not just timing) is electronically controlled via the multi-air 2 system.
Good to know. Wonder if any valve body modifications would help the transmission. From a dyno plot I saw for the 2.0T, the torque drops drastically past 5k rpm with hp peak around 5500 and then dropping. I imagine the small turbo is losing efficiency at this flow rate and/or boost is tapering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts