Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something subtle to start of this thread...

Met up with a Ti member recently. One of the interesting differences that we noticed were the wheel center caps.

Quadrifoglio = Gray Scale

Giulia Ti = Color

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Next... Mirrors

If I remember correctly, it was on the passenger side exterior mirror of the Ti. There is a little nipple on the bottom of the housing that points down. My Quadrifoglio does not have this mirror nipple.

Future side view camera location perhaps?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Next... Mirrors

If I remember correctly, it was on the passenger side exterior mirror of the Ti. There is a little nipple on the bottom of the housing that points down. My Quadrifoglio does not have this mirror nipple.

Future side view camera location perhaps?
I have it on the passenger side mirror of my base Giulia. I had wondered for some time where the temperature sensor was for the dash temperature reading.

I read here recently, that was in fact the outside temperature sensor. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Met up with a Ti member recently. One of the interesting differences that we noticed were the wheel center caps.

Giulia Ti = Color
Wonder why they would do that? I have the Ti and I'd much rather have the color caps.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not really differences. Maybe changes that have been made to more recent builds.

My Quadrifoglio has colored wheel center caps and the nipple on the bottom of the passenger mirror.

Mine is a 5/17 build.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, "the nipple" is the exterior temperature sensor. It is on all Giulias. As for the center caps, the Quadrifoglio has the monochrome version as a throwback/homage to vintage Alfas, while normal Giulias get the ordinary colored caps. Center caps come in a bag with the car and are installed at the dealership, so it looks like someone mixed them up while performing PDI.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

Giulia Ti = Color
Big issue for me. And I know some of the history of Alfa Romeo points to black and silver on the center caps and steering wheel. But if color is available why hold back? They look great on the 4C and I love the Heraldry. I've always been more of a "sport" guy then "badass" when it comes to style. Check out a few examples:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes it's the temp sensor. Same on Ferraris. I have already planned to have the center caps swapped to color. Wonder if I can get them for free? ;)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
If you're getting the dark colored wheels, I would hold off on the colored center caps...the dark and silver center caps look amazing on the dark wheels...JMHO....Silver painted wheels may be a different thing though....D

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Quad has the nipple under the passenger mirror. I think my caps have color as well. I'm going to look after work.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Have you noticed the inaccuracy in the temperature? Mine is consistently about 5 degrees off from other sources.
I've had cars with the sensor in the engine compartment tell me the temperature was 140F. If true, even the staunchest denier might cave on the existence of global warming.

Reactions: JuliaQ4-Nut

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you're getting the dark colored wheels, I would hold off on the colored center caps...the dark and silver center caps look amazing on the dark wheels...JMHO....Silver painted wheels may be a different thing though....D
I respectfully disagree.

I added the colored center caps to my Q after I had the tecnicos powder painted gloss black, and I think they look really nice.

If I ever wanted to go back to the dark & silver center caps though, I'll switch back to the 5 hole wheels where they currently live.

https://imgbb.com/

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Have you noticed the inaccuracy in the temperature? Mine is consistently about 5 degrees off from other sources.
Haven't taken the time to check but you are probably right.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I’m anxiously waiting to see someone paint their calipers green to match the quadrifoglio clover.
I have thought of this but felt it might seem to "Christmasy." I think light Visconti blue might be better.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
My thoughts exactly. The Dark wheels definitely look good with the retro black and silver. Like a "black tie" or yes, "badass" edition. But that has been the fad lately, dark wheels and such. For me, I still like the contrast of bright wheels. That's what I ordered along with yellow calipers. The only issue will be the black trim, but it will look good with the plastic on so much of the car, and carbon. Heck even the grill v is silver from the factory.

I'm getting exited. I hope the first 2018 surfaces soon.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I respectfully disagree.

I added the colored center caps to my Q after I had the tecnicos powder painted gloss black, and I think they look really nice.

If I ever wanted to go back to the dark & silver center caps though, I'll switch back to the 5 hole wheels where they currently live.

https://imgbb.com/

Love the look of your wheels and car....but it's a little different than stock (kinda)....the dark stock wheels are more "graphite" than gloss black....and on the Grey that you have (great color) and the gloss wheels, the calipers and the center caps pop....my car is a Comp Red Quad with red calipers and the factory dark 5 hole wheels and I think the silver and black caps fit that wheel / car color combo best....on the silver wheel (technico or 5 hole) I can see the colored caps as a nice alternative or as you have on your car, a relatively dark paint color with pops of color (calipers and center caps)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
if I end up with a Quad, the Ti people can call me a poser, because I prefer the color - and will try to get color for the steering wheel as well.

as far as "Christmasy", not an issue for me, as I've gad one of these since new (yes, I had to wait, ordered before publicity photos were at dealers)
http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/ducati-bevel-twins/Ducati-1979-MHR-NZ.htm

edit - it's (quick) replacement as a race bike was also delivered kinda "Christmasy"
https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0117-281128/1982-yamaha-tz-250-j/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts