Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ordered any products from alfastyling.com? If you haven't then good for you, since this company is the worst in product quality and customer service. I found the site while browsing for spoilers that I can add to my Giulia. I placed an order for one and received an email saying that it was shipped back in Apr. 8. No word until Apr. 21, when I finally emailed them asking for an update. They email me back saying that tracking info shows that they shipped me 2 spoilers by mistake (1 is shipping from their US warehouse and the other one from China). Ok fine, whatever, I'll just send them back 1, not a big deal right?

Well after 8 days, still nothing. I checked the tracking info and the one that is supposedly coming from the US warehouse still shows that FedEx is waiting to receive item. So now the warning bells are going off and I'm thinking this company might be up to some shady business practices. So I try to look for any reviews about the website, and guess what, I couldn't find any. So I email them back asking why its taking so long for the one in the US warehouse (located literally 30 min from my house) still says pending. I get a BS response about why they don't know why it still says Pending and that it could of been lost in the mail, but they assure me that I will get the one from China for sure. Seriously? So now I'm thinking they're playing games and I pretty much had enough. So I let them know that if I don't receive any concrete information on where my product is, I will contact my credit card company and dispute the charge for lack of delivery. So they respond back assuring me that I will receive my package. I give it another week and still nothing. I disputed the charge and was credited back the amount of the order.

So after another 20 or so days, I was starting to forget about this bad experience when lo' and behold, FedEx drops off 2 packages one day. So I'm starting to regret filing a dispute, but then I check the spoilers. Wow! They are so full of manufacturing defects, as you can see by the pictures. So now I contact them again and try to explain that I did receive both spoilers and that I want to return both due to the sub-par quality, and since I already got credited with the purchase amount, then I will just send the spoilers back and be done with this whole awful mess. No response. I then get a letter from my credit card company saying that the charge was put back on my card since it was a legit transaction (which it was, I get that). So now I email them 2 more times explaining that I want to return the spoilers since I would not be installing such a spoiler with so many defects. Still no response. I get it that they're upset that I filed a dispute, but either way they would of gotten the money back since it was, in fact, a legit transaction. But to just ignore your customer is very unprofessional. So now I'm out $250 bucks with 2 spoilers that I do not want.

So learn from my experience, avoid alfastyling.com like the plague.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Sorry man. Looks like returns or seconds quality.

Reactions: Raze9000

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had never heard of this company so checked out their website. The page for Giulia spoilers now says:

LIPS & SPOILERS
DUE TO SOME PRODUCTION ISSUES, ALL PRODUCTS FROM THIS COLLECTION ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR ORDERING.
WE EXPECT TO SOLVE ALL ISSUES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
126 Posts
I would return the spoilers and file a new dispute with the CC company. Just explain the dispute now is over the product and lack of response. Keep a copy of the return mail receipt and included in the dispute.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry man. Looks like returns or seconds quality.
Yea I'm with you on that. Definitely not close to looking like brand new.

I had never heard of this company so checked out their website. The page for Giulia spoilers now says:

LIPS & SPOILERS
DUE TO SOME PRODUCTION ISSUES, ALL PRODUCTS FROM THIS COLLECTION ARE UNAVAILABLE FOR ORDERING.
WE EXPECT TO SOLVE ALL ISSUES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Figures. The 2 spoilers I'm stuck with is definite proof of severe "production issues".

I would return the spoilers and file a new dispute with the CC company. Just explain the dispute now is over the product and lack of response. Keep a copy of the return mail receipt and included in the dispute.
Not sure how I'll be able to return it since they won't reply let alone give me a return address. I will contact my credit card company again and see if they can do anything about it.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
126 Posts
Not sure how I'll be able to return it since they won't reply let alone give me a return address. I will contact my credit card company again and see if they can do anything about it.
[/QUOTE]

It is kinda odd they use Gmail, and not their own server....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is kinda odd they use Gmail, and not their own server....

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Another reason it raised alarm bells for me in the first place. Funny how when I disputed the charge, they emailed me back within an hour, but now that the issue is not affecting their wallet anymore, then the customer doesn't matter.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sounds awfully shifty to me, as well. I do quite a hefty amount of online shopping for my horde of euro cars, and I get more warm and fuzzies about a lot of ebay sellers than this site. It looks fine at first glance, but the more I look, the more little red flags I see. Things like the obvious photoshops and the blurred out emblems, as well as poor picture quality in the few pictures of the parts actually on the cars.

Other than the glaring clearcoat issues, how does the spoiler look? Is it proper carbon fiber? Good weave, etc?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone want a spoiler? LOL I'll let them go for rock bottom prices! If you're the type that wants to add a spoiler, but have it match the body color, then these should work for you. Once the spoiler is painted over, then there are no more visible defects. I'm thinking $100? Let me know if interested.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds awfully shifty to me, as well. I do quite a hefty amount of online shopping for my horde of euro cars, and I get more warm and fuzzies about a lot of ebay sellers than this site. It looks fine at first glance, but the more I look, the more little red flags I see. Things like the obvious photoshops and the blurred out emblems, as well as poor picture quality in the few pictures of the parts actually on the cars.

Other than the glaring clearcoat issues, how does the spoiler look? Is it proper carbon fiber? Good weave, etc?
Not taking into account the defects, the spoiler matches the OEM one in shape and size. It is carbon fiber, but not sure if it's 100% carbon fiber, or if its fiberglass wrapped with carbon fiber (I'm thinking the latter). Weave looks good, but then again I'm not an expert on carbon fiber. If they would of taken their time with the clearcoat and actually had quality control, then I wouldn't have had an issue installing the spoiler on my Giulia.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you think it'd be possible to sand down the clearcoat at the defect and re-clear it? Might be able to do that, then sell one. Get some of the money back, at least.
I'm pretty sure anyone with slight experience in sanding should be able to remove the clearcoat and refinish it. But since the defects are mostly on the front edge of the spoiler, then not sure if sanding down that area will cause the spoiler to delaminate and split at the edge. I'll probably try it when I have time, but if anyone is interested and willing to give me a fair price for it, then I won't stop them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anyone want a spoiler? LOL I'll let them go for rock bottom prices! If you're the type that wants to add a spoiler, but have it match the body color, then these should work for you. Once the spoiler is painted over, then there are no more visible defects. I'm thinking $100? Let me know if interested.
Where are you located?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Should be able to claim services not rendered or damaged/misrepresented goods. let me guess, you have a MasterCard, those guys are pricks when trying to get your money back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Should be able to claim services not rendered or damaged/misrepresented goods. let me guess, you have a MasterCard, those guys are pricks when trying to get your money back.
Actually I have Chase Visa. It's so hard getting getting hold of a customer service rep, due to covid, but hopefully I can talk to an actual human, and not those automated responses, and get this resolved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm based in Europe and looking for a back spoiler when adds of Aflastyling.com were showing up on my Facebook page. I'm happy I came across this thread as I almost bought it. Curious what you actually did with the spoilers in the end.

And of course, where to buy a good one (not being the overpriced original one)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm based in Europe and looking for a back spoiler when adds of Aflastyling.com were showing up on my Facebook page. I'm happy I came across this thread as I almost bought it. Curious what you actually did with the spoilers in the end.

And of course, where to buy a good one (not being the overpriced original one)?
I still have both spoilers just sitting around. I didn't install it primarily due to the defects. Also, I had the car ceramic coated after I purchased it so I don't even think the 3M tape would keep hold if I did install it. Never did end up getting a different spoiler, since this experience ruined the prospect of finding a spoiler that I would be happy with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have both spoilers just sitting around. I didn't install it primarily due to the defects. Also, I had the car ceramic coated after I purchased it so I don't even think the 3M tape would keep hold if I did install it. Never did end up getting a different spoiler, since this experience ruined the prospect of finding a spoiler that I would be happy with.
Too bad, I think sanding it and putting new layers of clear coat would be a good option. It's a small piece so you could even try it at home.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just handsand the problem area with 180grit sandpaper, the rest of the spoiler scuff with 400 grit sand paper and clean it and reclear, u dont have to go crazy, as these original clearcoat are so thin, actually most carbon fiber products from china dont even come with proper clearcoats, thats why the quality of finish is low and they tend to become yellowish after a yr of usage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts