Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Except that the OP's sunroof glass is stuck not fully closed which is the required position to begin the re-initializaton procedure. I'd say, off to the dealer. Don't want to muck up the sunroof. Very expensive bit of kit if you do.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was at the dealership test driving my alfa when this actually happened. I was like ummm thats not good to see mere moments after telling me reliability isn't an issue haha. either way I spoke to service manager at the dealer and he informed me the tracks and motors on the sunroofs in early models is a known issue. If it had happened under warranty it would have been covered. Just get to the dealership ASAP and they should not argue that the tracks will need replacing. Thankfully they were able to fix it before I took delivery but def an issue that Alfa knows about and I learned about on this forum

·
Registered
344 Posts
Was at the dealership test driving my alfa when this actually happened. I was like ummm thats not good to see mere moments after telling me reliability isn't an issue haha. either way I spoke to service manager at the dealer and he informed me the tracks and motors on the sunroofs in early models is a known issue. If it had happened under warranty it would have been covered. Just get to the dealership ASAP and they should not argue that the tracks will need replacing. Thankfully they were able to fix it before I took delivery but def an issue that Alfa knows about and I learned about on this forum
Perhaps I've been lucky, but I have a '17 (since new) and have never had a problem with the sunroof, and it's had regular use over the past 4 years.

Being an early model, I have had other problems, such as intercooler bottle seal, turbo seal, and the seemingly mandatory battery change after 3 or less years, but the roof has been perfect so far...touch glass..., er wood...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I’ve made a thread about this
If I remember correctly, it’s 6 small hex bolts to take off the glass and one of the cables came out of the plastic housing. I glued mine back and called it a day. I’m sure a proper repair would’ve been replacing the cable but I just did it as next time the glue breaks I’ll replace the cable.

·
Registered
2017 Vesuvio Grey Giulia Ti Q2
408 Posts
I had mine repaired at the dealership under warranty. I've got a 17 that I bought new and it happened at about 3 yrs 8 months.

Reactions: MegaGrip

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had mine repaired at the dealership under warranty. I've got a 17 that I bought new and it happened at about 3 yrs 8 months.
yeah mine is a 2017 as well and it happened at 36k miles about a month ago. Dealership handled it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts