Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have any more photos? what color is the interior - tan, red, or?
Tomorrow I'm about to order my car and I love this Stromboli color. None of the Alfa dealers had this color where I live...
is is a base standard interior in black, also has the 7 round hole black wheels which i really like - see pic. it is a great color, would look good with the light interior as well if you wanted to get the luxury option with the wood.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, after planning on ordering a Giulia TI in Vulcano black metallic w/red interior, to a Vesuvio with a tan interior I finally ordered a Stromboli metallic with a beige interior. My plans for the Vesuvio went out the door since I was not able to order the options that I wanted for that color scheme when the dealer called me with his Alfa District Manager. I'm told July delivery, assuming no strike at the factory, of course.

At the end, I believe it was the right choice. San Diego has basically desert temperatures like today (A/C in the home and car) & 9-10 months of the year. The lighter Stromboli silver and cooler beige interior should work well.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, after planning on ordering a Giulia TI in Vulcano black metallic w/red interior, to a Vesuvio with a tan interior I finally ordered a Stromboli metallic with a beige interior. My plans for the Vesuvio went out the door since I was not able to order the options that I wanted for that color scheme when the dealer called me with his Alfa District Manager. I'm told July delivery, assuming no strike at the factory, of course.

At the end, I believe it was the right choice. San Diego has basically desert temperatures like today (A/C in the home and car) & 9-10 months of the year. The lighter Stromboli silver and cooler beige interior should work well.

You got the color combo I would have picked (and I am in TX so yeah, it is hot) it will look fabulous, the light interior is very nice and Stromboli highlights the car shape and trim contrast really well (I did not want to wait, so got the Stromboli with Black int)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Stromboli metallic with beige interior

You got the color combo I would have picked (and I am in TX so yeah, it is hot) it will look fabulous, the light interior is very nice and Stromboli highlights the car shape and trim contrast really well (I did not want to wait, so got the Stromboli with Black int)
Cool!
The only Stromboli with beige interior TI I could find in the US was at Kyle Maxwell Alfa Romeo in Austin, Texas.

The Stromboli must be easy to keep clean, too.:D
- I'll post photos when the car arrives in July.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Wow better than I thought, especially metallic. Now you got a beige interior. Can you post some pics? Are those 17 inch wheels?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Stromboli grey is a great color. I saw one in Costa Mesa CA with the lusso package and black interior. It was beautiful. My wife fell in love with it. Her ideal combo would be a Ti Lusso with Stromboli ext / Crema int. However, this is going to be MY car, and I really want the 19" sport wheels that come with the Ti "19 Sport Package, and it does not look like the Stromboli color is available with any of the sport appearance packages. I think those packages add a different front fascia and a rear diffuser and those parts don't seem to come in Stromboli. So, this color only comes in the base w/o sport package, Ti w/o either the 18" or 19" sport packages, or Ti w/ Lusso Package. So, this color does not come with the wheels I want. However, I must admit that those seven hole wheels on your car are pretty darn good looking -- second only in good looks to the five hole 19" sport wheels. Good choice.

Reactions: GioSailor

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
The Stromboli grey is a great color. I saw one in Costa Mesa CA with the lusso package and black interior. It was beautiful. My wife fell in love with it. Her ideal combo would be a Ti Lusso with Stromboli ext / Crema int. However, this is going to be MY car, and I really want the 19" sport wheels that come with the Ti "19 Sport Package, and it does not look like the Stromboli color is available with any of the sport appearance packages. I think those packages add a different front fascia and a rear diffuser and those parts don't seem to come in Stromboli. So, this color only comes in the base w/o sport package, Ti w/o either the 18" or 19" sport packages, or Ti w/ Lusso Package. So, this color does not come with the wheels I want. However, I must admit that those seven hole wheels on your car are pretty darn good looking -- second only in good looks to the five hole 19" sport wheels. Good choice.
I don't know if the paint has any bearing on the 19 Sport Pack or not.

The Lusso pack conflicts with the 19 Sport pack. I think the grey paint conflicts with the cream Lusso seats as well.

The wheels can easily be changed after the fact.

The "19 Sport Pack" is all cosmetic. The "Ti Performance Pack" is a mechanical performance package that does not conflict with anything. It includes an LSD, paddle shifters and active suspension.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Stromboli is not allowed with either Ti Sport pack and Monza Red is not available with either Ti Sport or Lusso
The configurator allows Stromboli and Lusso w/Creme & light wood.

The one thing arguably not totally cosmetic with the Ti Sport packs is the Sport seats with thigh extension and power side bolsters.
These seats aren't available with any other config and not available on base model.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'd love to know how Alfa Romeo USA came up with these option packages that were allowed or not allowed to work with each other.

It is absolutely infuriating to see Giulias available in other markets with color and option combinations that aren't available here. They're all going through the same paint and assembly stations at the same factory! It isn't like it costs them more money to offer the same combinations here in the USA that they already offer elsewhere (especially when it comes to paint color!). I just want a Stromboli with Sport package... and I can't even get my follow-up which is a Vesuvio Sport with 19" BRIGHT 5 hole wheels (which is a combo shown and described in the current Giulia USA brochure!).

Italian Veloce in Stromboli with 19" Dark 5 holes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
The one thing arguably not totally cosmetic with the Ti Sport packs is the Sport seats with thigh extension and power side bolsters.
These seats aren't available with any other config and not available on base model.
I'd think 19" tires would be considered more than cosmetic.
Looks beautiful. My wife might end up get her way, but that one is $52k.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'd love to know how Alfa Romeo USA came up with these option packages that were allowed or not allowed to work with each other.

It is absolutely infuriating to see Giulias available in other markets with color and option combinations that aren't available here. They're all going through the same paint and assembly stations at the same factory! It isn't like it costs them more money to offer the same combinations here in the USA that they already offer elsewhere (especially when it comes to paint color!). I just want a Stromboli with Sport package... and I can't even get my follow-up which is a Vesuvio Sport with 19" BRIGHT 5 hole wheels (which is a combo shown and described in the current Giulia USA brochure!).

Italian Veloce in Stromboli with 19" Dark 5 holes:
That seems hyper critical. Brand new car coupled with a re entry to a market. If you're looking for an engineered entrance the Germans have that covered. My current car is black, I swore I'd never buy another black car due to heat in Texas but I drove it and forgot about my preference due to how the car made me feel. Alfa is currently the extremely likeable new hire that every ones loves and loves to complain about but at the end of the day no one gets everything right the first time around. Yes it is a machine but it is marketed and produced by people who are not perfect, but anyway I'm going to go look for the job that doesn't stress me out at times and the woman that doesn't ever irritate me. Ciao.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.