Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this today on a cold morning. Why would the 1 tire get flagged as low but now the ones with lower psi...?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I’ve seen two both low but just one flagged. I suspect it’s an artifact of the fact the TPMS sensors probably “wake up” at slightly different rates/times. If the first sensor to connect is “low”, it sets and highlights. Then the subsequent sensors can come in low and not replace the first warning. Just a guess.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've seen this before. Put it in drive and move a little bit. That will cause it to wake up and re-poll.
This.

After noticing one tire bump up 2 PSI, I hadn't driven the car for a while. I started it up to check the version update and took a peek at the pressures while the car hadn't moved for a couple of days. It was exactly how it was when I turned the car off. One tire 2 PSI higher, the rest the same. I guess it stores the pressures from when last left.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Second pic is after driving 15 miles. Strange. I'll air them up later.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had the same thing happen the other day. And then even after putting air in all four tires, only two of the sensors adjusted. Had to drive a couples miles and then they seemed to get themselves sorted out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Second pic is after driving 15 miles. Strange. I'll air them up later.

The rears are programmed for 35 PSI. The fronts are programmed for 32 PSI. They are not set to go off just under those pressures, but around 20% lower threshold. Can’t explain the right rear vs left rear.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The rears are programmed for 35 PSI. The fronts are programmed for 32 PSI. They are not set to go off just under those pressures, but around 20% lower threshold. Can’t explain the right rear vs left rear.
You might want to check those numbers....on the Quad :

FRONTS = 35 psi

REARS = 32 psi

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Be sure to check all the tires with a real pressure gauge. The TPMS is not very accurate.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree with racerz. Especially dont trust gas station gauges. They can vary from station to station. Use a real one if u werent already. It took me a couple days to figure out that was my issue when i first got the car

1 - 13 of 13 Posts