Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
after changing infotaiment plastic cover (I had cracks on it, like here Cracks on Infotainment Screen) and elbow rest I hear strange sound when switching from Drive to Reverse or from Reverse to Drive with shift lever.
Car is stopped when engaging. The sound is kinda robotic sound, like when robot moves hands, hydraulistics? (can't explain properly in english).

Anyone notice similar sound ? I'm 99% sure, sound wasn't there before service.

I have 2018 model petrol 200hp.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Automatic parking brake which is apparently used doe hill hold assist. I feel this implementation is a little too excessive ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automatic parking brake which is apparently used doe hill hold assist. I feel this implementation is a little too excessive ...
The sound is simillar, but it's not the case. This is comming from the bellow of the shifter lever and it's much louder.

I did quick check, "to brake, and release brake" sound is comming from the back of the car and is more quiet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
after changing infotaiment plastic cover (I had cracks on it, like here Cracks on Infotainment Screen) and elbow rest I hear strange sound when switching from Drive to Reverse or from Reverse to Drive with shift lever.
Car is stopped when engaging. The sound is kinda robotic sound, like when robot moves hands, hydraulistics? (can't explain properly in english).

Anyone notice similar sound ? I'm 99% sure, sound wasn't there before service.

I have 2018 model petrol 200hp.
maybe it’s the gearbox Itself? Many people when they put gear in reverse before the car is stopped, and if users do This often somethings can happen. I read somewhere that some parts in the box has aluminum parts and get bad over time! Would check it out If the sound comes often or constant ,. just a thought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
maybe it’s the gearbox Itself? Many people when they put gear in reverse before the car is stopped, and if users do This often somethings can happen. I read somewhere that some parts in the box has aluminum parts and get bad over time! Would check it out If the sound comes often or constant ,. just a thought.
I'm not sure about gearbox. Sound is there always, so easy to replicate at the dealership. Car was fully stopped. I just put into drive (standing on brake) and then put to reverse. Sound is there when I change from Reverse to Drive but it's bit "shorter"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pk,
I'm not sure about gearbox. Sound is there always, so easy to replicate at the dealership. Car was fully stopped. I just put into drive (standing on brake) and then put to reverse. Sound is there when I change from Reverse to Drive but it's bit "shorter"
i am not sure. Hopefully you get some information here or go to dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like sound disapeared. Don't know if is it outcome colder weater (freezing) or ..

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,662 Posts
It looks like sound disapeared. Don't know if is it outcome colder weater (freezing) or ..
The temperature could definitely play a role. You were very close, it's spelled "hydraulics". I like hydraulistics though, I may start using that instead. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts