Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wiping off some dirt on my Giulia and noticed a strange mark on my rear left wheel. It looked like someone took a black sharpie to it. Has anyone seen this before? I tried wiping it off, no luck. There is some minor damage on the edge, guessing it may have been a pothole (Tons in Nebraska). But the majority of it is smooth and at the same level as the rest of the wheel when I run my finger across it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
376 Posts
looks like sharpie, see if it comes off with alcohol. I bet it does. Looks like someone was using a sharpie to cover up the curb rash.

·
Registered
322 Posts
An adult wouldn't do that. It almost looks like a small child attempted to cover the damage.
You'd be shocked at the amount of immature adults out there.

It's usually about 150 dollars per wheel to have wheel rash fixed - it might be worth looking into if it bugs you.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
A kid who drove your car, got it rashed, and thought they could cover it up? I know when I was driving my dad's car at 13, I've done some questionable things (that he did find out but never mentioned overtly).
An adult wouldn't do that. It almost looks like a small child attempted to cover the damage.

Reactions: MColon89

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
When I saw it, the first thought that came to mind was a small child hearing his father complaining about the damage to his wheel. The child thought he would help his father by getting a magic marker and covering up the "boo boo" so to speak. The way the marker is all over the place, looks like something a 2 year old would do. It just struck me as something completely innocent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like it was a sharpie or some marker. I think I got most of it off. I don't think my kids did it (3 and 6). I probably wouldn't have noticed the damage if it wasn't for the marker, so I doubt they spotted it and tried to fix it. And I'm the only one who drives the car.

I've had the car for less than a month, and had to get it delivered from a dealership out of state. I wonder if it had been damaged previously and someone tried covering it up. Maybe when mounting the tires? With the dark wheels, it was hard to notice from far away. Just happened to be cleaning some dirt off the rear bumper when I saw it. Any chance I could blame the dealer for the issue? My guess its probably been too long to do anything about it.

Honestly the marker bothered me more. I likely won't deal with it on my own if the dealer won't since its barely noticeable.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think the dog did it. Do you or your neighbor have a Sharpe?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Let it go. Looks nice now.

Reactions: MColon89

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where does one get rash fixed? I got a few dings that are not all my fault, but some are. $150 sounds great, who does one go to?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
CVS

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure why anyone would even use a black marker. Could have been the transporter doing a quick fix job or done while the tires were being blacked.

But I have noticed I get random scrapes on the right rear wheel just by going diagonally down small curbs. I've never had such low profile tires before, but it seems unusually easy to scratch these wheels along the tire. Someone mentioned that one of the alfa gray touchup paints is a good match for these.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where does one get rash fixed? I got a few dings that are not all my fault, but some are. $150 sounds great, who does one go to?
In Denver, I just Google tire doctor and wheel repair. Several options popped up from shops you the it to, to mobile repair shops.
On shop let's you take a picture and they reply with a quote.
One shop was $80-$150 depending on extent of repair needed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If these are the dark 5 hole wheels, the touch up paint code is 035 and matches to the Vesuvio Gray Metalic. I’d first do a bit more cleaning around the bead to get off the rest of the marker that is still visible.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't tar? Some of the pattern looks like hot tar spatter. Try a bug and tar remover too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts