Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Strange gift from Alfa Romeo

5K views 53 replies 32 participants last post by  deadaim00 
#1 ·
So last week I got a package from Alfa Romeo. I would say the package was the size of a large book. So I looked at it and thought, “OK, Alfa Romeo sent me a gift”. I was kind of excited. I live for this kind of stuff.

So I open it up. I get rid of the outer shipping box and inside of that box there is a very nice black presentation box with the Alfa logo in it. Now I’m really excited. There must be something really cool in here.

So with much anticipation, I open the presentation box and there are two of the nicest luggage tags I’ve ever seen. Now I’m just flooded with disappointment. I think it’s a pretty useless gift. I travel almost every week for work and still have no use for them. What were they thinking?

#41 ·
I have had my Giulia QV since November 2019 and I haven't gotten any such gift. Not long after I got it when talking to corporate customer service I realized it did not come with the owner manual, only the user manual, so they sent me one upon request--it should have been included with the car. I think they also sent me a correction insert for the manual.

#8 ·
use my passport holder everytime I travel, using it again in 3 weeks ;) like it very much, though the packaging it comes in is over the top, spent I don't know how much $$$$$ on M cars since 1989 and never got a thing from BMW, dealer was always very good though

#10 ·
So last week I got a package from Alfa Romeo. I would say the package was the size of a large book. So I looked at it and thought, “OK, Alfa Romeo sent me a gift”. I was kind of excited. I live for this kind of stuff.

So I open it up. I get rid of the outer shipping box and inside of that box there is a very nice black presentation box with the Alfa logo in it. Now I’m really excited. There must be something really cool in here.

So with much anticipation, I open the presentation box and there are two of the nicest luggage tags I’ve ever seen. Now I’m just flooded with disappointment. I think it’s a pretty useless gift. I travel almost every week for work and still have no use for them. What were they thinking?
I'll take them off your hands...

#13 ·
Maybe I’m wrong but the airline does provide an electronic tag that works better. The only purposes I see of a conventional tag is to help your bag look different than a similar bag in the baggage claim area. There is also the idea that someone could contact you if they had your luggage. However, I never check bags. I’m a carry on guy. I can go up to 6 days with a carry on. I travel over 20 times a year and don’t check bags.

So I think I will keep them in case I need to check luggage. I am planning some longer international trips soon.

#24 ·
That nice presentation box, if you remove the luggage tag insert, is designed to hold the owners manuals. Its actually pretty nice when you use it for that.

• Wow
Reactions: Avnyc11
#33 ·
I wouldn't fuss much. With my Audi S3 purchase back in 2015, I got a luggage tag along with a ball point pen, neither items I ever used. Now, if they had sent a luggage bag along with a fountain pen, well I would certainly have written a sonnet during my travels. Even when I picked up the car in Germany (European Delivery - something Alfa should do), I got two keychains but that's it.

#37 ·
Scroll through this list. They really will brand anything.

Never got anything, but passport holder would have been dope!

#38 ·

SOUNDS WORSE THAN MY ALFA WITH NO OIL… HOW CAN SOMEONE COMPLAIN ABOUT A GIFT…I hope your a Russian bot lol. Thanks for all the REAL enthusiast’s on this forum, I get a ton of good info from this forum, I ALSO SEE ALOT OF USER ERROR COMPLAINING from people like this. So long forum. What a post.What other manufacturers send you a token of appreciation? I’m hoping you’re a Russian bot lol… Real human beings aren’t this way…

#42 ·
While swag is nice it'd be better if Alfa Romeo put that effort and energy toward improving the electronics/malfunctioning software they send out in each vehicle like the IBS (idiot battery sensor).

#45 ·
I wonder if those complaining about the luggage tags really secretly adore them. I keep offering to take them off their hands and no takers. I love mine and have used them a ton. Would love to have a few more for the rest of the family to put on their luggage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.