Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week I got a package from Alfa Romeo. I would say the package was the size of a large book. So I looked at it and thought, “OK, Alfa Romeo sent me a gift”. I was kind of excited. I live for this kind of stuff.

So I open it up. I get rid of the outer shipping box and inside of that box there is a very nice black presentation box with the Alfa logo in it. Now I’m really excited. There must be something really cool in here.

So with much anticipation, I open the presentation box and there are two of the nicest luggage tags I’ve ever seen. Now I’m just flooded with disappointment. I think it’s a pretty useless gift. I travel almost every week for work and still have no use for them. What were they thinking?

·
Premium Member
2018 QV
362 Posts
I have the very nice passport cover.
I was really excited about using when I realized I have to take it out every time Ineed to present it.
still, it’s very nice.
I still owe @markoware for it and some center caps.

If you want to sell them, shoot me a price.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just got the same thing in the mail. 6 months after I bought the car, oddly. Beautiful presentation. Dumbest possible gift they could have spent money on.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,276 Posts
I got the same thing and it took 3 years to get it lol

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
use my passport holder everytime I travel, using it again in 3 weeks ;) like it very much, though the packaging it comes in is over the top, spent I don't know how much $$$$$ on M cars since 1989 and never got a thing from BMW, dealer was always very good though

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,207 Posts
So last week I got a package from Alfa Romeo. I would say the package was the size of a large book. So I looked at it and thought, “OK, Alfa Romeo sent me a gift”. I was kind of excited. I live for this kind of stuff.

So I open it up. I get rid of the outer shipping box and inside of that box there is a very nice black presentation box with the Alfa logo in it. Now I’m really excited. There must be something really cool in here.

So with much anticipation, I open the presentation box and there are two of the nicest luggage tags I’ve ever seen. Now I’m just flooded with disappointment. I think it’s a pretty useless gift. I travel almost every week for work and still have no use for them. What were they thinking?
I'll take them off your hands...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aren't luggage tags useful when traveling? I use them 🤷‍♂️
Maybe I’m wrong but the airline does provide an electronic tag that works better. The only purposes I see of a conventional tag is to help your bag look different than a similar bag in the baggage claim area. There is also the idea that someone could contact you if they had your luggage. However, I never check bags. I’m a carry on guy. I can go up to 6 days with a carry on. I travel over 20 times a year and don’t check bags.

So I think I will keep them in case I need to check luggage. I am planning some longer international trips soon.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe I’m wrong but the airline does provide an electronic tag that works better. The only purposes I see of a conventional tag is to help your bag look different than a similar bag in the baggage claim area. There is also the idea that someone could contact you if they had your luggage. However, I never check bags. I’m a carry on guy. I can go up to 6 days with a carry on. I travel over 20 times a year and don’t check bags.

So I think I will keep them in case I need to check luggage. I am planning some longer international trips soon.
I am not mad about it. I just think it’s funny.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts