Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just got mine in today. Getting it installed Tuesday. Mine shipped first day they were available, so I highly doubt anyone has it installed yet. Might hear the first ones this weekend though.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
It's going to rip. But I have a feeling it will preserve that wonderful low bellow for our "big bang" firing order. Love it. Post when you can.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
My one concern with any exhaust is that I leave for the gym at 0500 and currently my neighbors don't hate me!
Glad to hear everyone is excited about this exhaust.

We've had the prototype version of this exhaust on our QV for about 9 months. I've left for some very early morning drives and don't have an issue with neighbors at all. I try to be courteous early in the morning.

From a cold start you do have a few seconds where the engine hasn't built up enough vacuum in the accumulator to close the valves, and that's can be pretty loud. Otherwise you shouldn't have any problems driving out of your neighborhood at low RPM with the valves closed.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is excited about this exhaust.

We've had the prototype version of this exhaust on our QV for about 9 months. I've left for some very early morning drives and don't have an issue with neighbors at all. I try to be courteous early in the morning.

From a cold start you do have a few seconds where the engine hasn't built up enough vacuum in the accumulator to close the valves, and that's can be pretty loud. Otherwise you shouldn't have any problems driving out of your neighborhood at low RPM with the valves closed.

Thanks for the info Joe!

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,408 Posts
I'm curious to see what difference this will make. Haven't seen a comparison video but waiting for one

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
641 Posts
OMG!!!!! It is absolutely incredible. By far the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard. Even in Normal mode it sounds fantastic. Open the flaps though and Thor’s Hammer would be jealous.

I went by the installer shop on my way home and they are just finishing it up. The mechanics are all in agreement on how good it is. They even congratulated me. As soon as I pick it up I will give it a good run with the windows open.

After my first drive: so great, so, so great. Much more volume and resonance in the lower rev range ~ 3,000 than the stock. Cracks and pops are slightly less sharp than the stock but still well obtainable. Tone is one of the better you’ll hear I believe.

Other info: The installer decided to weld the tips on. He didn’t think the brackets that were supplied have a secure enough attachment. Total cost to install was $420. Not cheap but it was a fairly long job. He mentioned that with all the under body panels it seemed very much like a Ferrari...I wonder why that is?

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just picked mine up about an hour ago. It is quite something! The sound with the valves closed is immaculate compared to the stock exhaust, though it's definitely not too loud and won't wake the neighbors. In race mode, it makes a wonderful deep growl and roars all the way through the rev range.

I was expecting it to be a bit louder, but it's certainly not quiet. During a solid 15 minute run in race mode down some curvy roads it sounded great, though I did notice a significant lack of snaps, crackles, and pops the car usually has under high-rpm shifting. Only noticed a few. Whether these are gone completely or not I'm not sure, but I will happily do some more testing tomorrow as it just started raining.

Will also hopefully have enough free time tomorrow to get some footage recorded as well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd love to hear a back-to-back with the Supersprint exhaust.

I love Supersprint, but hold heck their Giulia solution is EXPENSIVE!

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just picked mine up about an hour ago. It is quite something! The sound with the valves closed is immaculate compared to the stock exhaust, though it's definitely not too loud and won't wake the neighbors. In race mode, it makes a wonderful deep growl and roars all the way through the rev range.

I was expecting it to be a bit louder, but it's certainly not quiet. During a solid 15 minute run in race mode down some curvy roads it sounded great, though I did notice a significant lack of snaps, crackles, and pops the car usually has under high-rpm shifting. Only noticed a few. Whether these are gone completely or not I'm not sure, but I will happily do some more testing tomorrow as it just started raining.

Will also hopefully have enough free time tomorrow to get some footage recorded as well.
I NEED a video :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here's the video. As I said in another thread, the interior audio is a bit quieter than what you can actually hear in the cabin. But the exterior audio is spot on. Just some spirited driving on curvy roads. Hoping to get some more video of hard launches another time.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Hmm no Rice Krispies???

So I also have the exhaust and as I was away a couple of weeks I asked them to hold it (I Paid upfront) and not ship it until I get back.....I'm disappointed that you and @Simey report that the snap/crackle/pop which is one the the things that makes this car stand out are diminished:surprise:
guess I will have to hear for myself

·
Registered
641 Posts

So I also have the exhaust and as I was away a couple of weeks I asked them to hold it (I Paid upfront) and not ship it until I get back.....I'm disappointed that you and @Simey report that the snap/crackle/pop which is one the the things that makes this car stand out are diminished/forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png
guess I will have to hear for myself
So after a week away on vacation I drove her yesterday evening and today. I paid special attention to the backfires. I can definitely make them happen and they are amazingly loud (and a bit deeper) when they fire off. It appears to be a practice thing...knowing when to shift at which rev point etc).

The overall volume and deeper note are well worth mentioning again. I don’t find myself keeping the revs around 4K and above to get the good sound...with the Magnaflow there is a deep loud resonance that is very apparent at 3k. So I am touting it as a gas saving add on ?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Finally....

so I finally had the time to get her to my shop for the install...
have to say the exhaust tips rival the 83mm quad tips on my M5. they just fill the rear valence so well.
the system is impressive to look at, well put together, my guy was pleased with it, not exactly plug & play according to him. there are some slight alignment/fitment quirks, but nothing over the top. the most cumbersome things are the plastic shields to remove...a bit of a PIA.

BTW @JoeCab very classy to include a Stradale Keychain as well as a numbered plaque for the system I like the QV stickers as well, that is a garage piece for sure...
some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Maybe its an optical illusion but it looks like the tips extend farther out than stock in the two photos I see.

Is this adjustable?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts