Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Giulia has a handful of small storage compartments and using them efficiently can be tricky. I'm wondering if anyone has any storage tips or tricks to share. I don't usually have a lot of stuff in the car...sunglasses, phone, Android and iPhone charging cables, a pack of gum, change, the key fob and house keys, a couple of microfiber towels, an umbrella, owners manuals, and jumper cables. I keep the manuals, jumper cables, and towels in the little storage compartment in the trunk. I'd love to hear any suggestions for other storage though.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,189 Posts
The Giulia has a handful of small storage compartments and using them efficiently can be tricky. I'm wondering if anyone has any storage tips or tricks to share. I don't usually have a lot of stuff in the car...sunglasses, phone, Android and iPhone charging cables, a pack of gum, change, the key fob and house keys, a couple of microfiber towels, an umbrella, owners manuals, and jumper cables. I keep the manuals, jumper cables, and towels in the little storage compartment in the trunk. I'd love to hear any suggestions for other storage though.
I would not keep my house keys stored in my car. Car thieves on the other hand would really like that you keep your house keys in your car.

I have an ultra compact folding umbrella that will fit in the door pocket. It can't cope with much wind, but I only use it a couple of times a year.

You need proof of insurance and registration.

Are you going to jump start someone else's car? I don't understand the point of carrying jumper cables, please explain.

I wonder if it is possible to use the space above the battery, the space on the left side of the trunk around where the HK amplifier goes, and the space where the muffler that got replaced with a straight pipe went as storage cubbyholes for infrequently accessed items like flares, reflective rectangles, safety vest, and first aid kit.

Do you carry chains and similar bulky winter supplies? I carry a high brightness flashlight, sleeping bag, snow shoes with poles, winter boots, winter gloves and a heavy jacket when I drive in the winter. These could get a bit more problematic to find places to store than the small items that you listed. I should probably add a small bag of sand or kitty liter to the list. A snow shovel might be useful too. Anyway, I don't have good suggestions for where/how to store these things.

A tow rope and the tow adapter would be good things to carry. If you have a front license plate mounted in the tow hook mounting point, carry the right tools to be able to remove it, at least during snow conditions.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you going to jump start someone else's car? I don't understand the point of carrying jumper cables, please explain.
I always carry jump leads. I have been stuck with flat batteries enough times to really appreciate being able to jump start my own car from any passing vehicle.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I always carry jump leads. I have been stuck with flat batteries enough times to really appreciate being able to jump start my own car from any passing vehicle.
Hmmm, maybe my driving experience is simply too abnormal?

My experience over 40 years of driving:

Count of battery dead while not parked at home: 1
Count of on-road flats not on my bicycle: 1

I can't say that I trust "any passing vehicle". I see this as not a lot different than picking up hitch hikers.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The glovebox (if you can even call it that) is where I keep insurance, registration, and a few other small documents. I put my sunglasses in the small storage compartment near the light switches. I keep the owners manual in the hole in the trunk, and a full set of golfclubs in the trunk (with driver), along with gloves, reusable shopping bags and an umbrella. Everything fits perfectly. I keep wires and OBD II Reader in the center console. I also keep a box of tissues and microfibre clothes in the backseat, as nobody sits there. The Giulia is just big enough for everything you actually need

·
Registered
19 Posts
A gallon of milk/water fits in the cubby on the drivers side of the trunk. Keep a usb cable and an aux cable in an altoid box in the center console. A micro fiber in each door pocket. Insurance and registration are in the owner manual pouch which fits in the glove box. The small compartment under the trunk floor panel has a small bottle of Windex (dirty windshield is my biggest annoyance) a microfiber and a shop towel along with a plastic seat cover in case I have to get in the car and I'm filthy.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,100 Posts
My sunglasses, in their protective case, take up most of the center console bin. Not much fits in the cubby under the light switches.

Is the trunk cubby above or below the floor? I don't recall ever seeing it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would not keep my house keys stored in my car. Car thieves on the other hand would really like that you keep your house keys in your car.

My house keys are only in the car when I'm in the car, but between the keys, the Alfa fob, and my house alarm fob the whole thing is a bit big for my pants pocket, so I'm always looking for somewhere to put it without scratching my sunglasses in the door pocket.

I always keep a small set of jumper cables in my cars. I've only needed them a few times in the past 30 years, but they're easy enough to stash away in the trunk just in case.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
My house keys are only in the car when I'm in the car, but between the keys, the Alfa fob, and my house alarm fob the whole thing is a bit big for my pants pocket, so I'm always looking for somewhere to put it without scratching my sunglasses in the door pocket.

I always keep a small set of jumper cables in my cars. I've only needed them a few times in the past 30 years, but they're easy enough to stash away in the trunk just in case.
Perhaps the cables will fit in the space above the battery or in the hole on the left side of the trunk between the trunk liner and fender? Just put the cables in a sturdy rubber bag and shove the lot on top of the battery?

There is a cut out beneath the trunk floor for holding the flat fix kit. If you have a QV it should be filled with a flat fix kit. Otherwise there should be a foam plug that can be removed so that the space can filled with whatever.

If you get an exhaust system that removes the muffler there will be a large open space on the underside of the car where the muffler was. That should be suitable for storage of rarely used items that can tolerate some heat and weather like chains, jumpers, triangles and similar. Some hooks and rigging may be needed to make it work.

There are always various products to stick containers to the carpet. I don't know if there is anything similar for the headliner. Functional, but not pretty or elegant.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm, maybe my driving experience is simply too abnormal?

My experience over 40 years of driving:

Count of battery dead while not parked at home: 1
Count of on-road flats not on my bicycle: 1

I can't say that I trust "any passing vehicle". I see this as not a lot different than picking up hitch hikers.
I have a thing about English Sportscars... My experience probably isn't that of a normal motorist.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I love it when I open someones glove box and find,
gloves.

Reactions: RVAAF

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
iPhone in small hatched compartment left of steering; Road NiMH trouble light (USB chargeable), keyfob, OBD II dongle, microUSB charging cable, fuel receipts and pen in center console; iPad and lightning cable back of passenger seat; Runflat kit in trunk well; Front licenseplate on towhook mount in trunk (I swear officer, just had the car detailed... ha!) left side wrapped in fleece jacket; owner's manual, proof of insurance, registration, tire pressure wand, alloy valvecap wrench and single stick of gum in Glovebox.

Plan to Dremel out a space tor a small fire extinguisher above runflat kit in trunkwell.

Sidebins for wallet (driver) and wife's sunglasses and Chanel lipstick (passenger).

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
iPhone in small hatched compartment left of steering; Road NiMH trouble light (USB chargeable), keyfob, OBD II dongle, microUSB charging cable, fuel receipts and pen in center console; iPad and lightning cable back of passenger seat; Runflat kit in trunk well; Front licenseplate on towhook mount in trunk (I swear officer, just had the car detailed... ha!) left side wrapped in fleece jacket; owner's manual, proof of insurance, registration, tire pressure wand, alloy valvecap wrench and single stick of gum in Glovebox.

Plan to Dremel out a space tor a small fire extinguisher above runflat kit in trunkwell.

Sidebins for wallet (driver) and wife's sunglasses and Chanel lipstick (passenger).
This guy is good!

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are few gadgets which may help to sort out the space in Giulia.

1. Basesus magnetic holder - sticked to the place in 8.8 display, where's nothing displayed (on the right) - iphone looks great on it. Infotaimnent is so shitty, I would not mind if phone covered whole display ;))) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ori...lgo_pvid=ae77a4a4-3f91-4d12-9727-584d8c2dfb3b
2. Sunglasses holder - mounted instead of handle - it is brillant and simple idea, just need to measure distance betwen screws and buy proper one http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-BMW-E60...ash=item1a33cfa718:g:tdkAAOSwgLVZnk6z&vxp=mtr
3. If you have dremel, you can definitely play with space-consuming cover underneath the boot floor - my colleague made it much deeper
4. remember to use nets in the back of frontseats - you can put there the vest, manual, tissues etc, especially if you don't drive with passengers too often
5. door box for the keys https://www.aliexpress.com/item/fit...lgo_pvid=3f948356-b3b4-4da2-92f9-e7a423b27b99

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,100 Posts
Not going to jinx myself.

The last vehicle I had that needed a jump start was a 2009 Ford Fusion (bad battery replaced under warranty).
The last vehicle I saw receiving a jump start was a VW Tiguan.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just got this today from AliExpress - it’s awesome.
Gives you an extra layer for organizing your smaller items in the console.

The leather dash needs some UV protection, so I purchased and used Groits - seems to go on easy and it’s not glossy. Highly recommended.
I couldn’t find Lexol with UV protection...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts