Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been stalking the forum for the last week or so to get a good idea about the issues associated with owning a Giulia. I had mentally pulled the trigger. I was looking at a Trofeo white with black interior at one dealership. I called to see if I could make a deal....but it was sold. I guess they 'forgot' to remove it from their inventory. Meanwhile I already had specs on another car coming to my local dealership (white car with black/ice interior and the original order sheet showed Sparco seats). Since the other had sold, I was back to the other one that was/is still at port. They sent me the invoice with the VIN number and the paperwork no longer had Sparco seats listed. This didn't really bother me as it wasn't on my priority list to begin with. Without trying I 'saved' $2750. I went to the dealership late this afternoon. I started by test driving a Giulia Ti. It had the double sunroof and that was an issue. With the seat all the way down, I had to recline the seat to gain enough headroom to feel comfortable. Head roof with the sunroof SUCKS in the front and back. Luckily they had a Quadrifoglio at the dealership in service. Of course these have carbon roofs and NO sunroofs. My suspicion was that this meant there would be more headroom.......and there was.....luckily (Four leaf clover truly makes them lucky). With the headroom issue out of the way, I agreed to buy the car that was/is at port. Hopefully it will get here soon as the wait will be painful.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I started by test driving a Giulia Ti. It had the double sunroof and that was an issue. With the seat all the way down, I had to recline the seat to gain enough headroom to feel comfortable. Head roof with the sunroof SUCKS in the front and back. Luckily they had a Quadrifoglio at the dealership in service. Of course these have carbon roofs and NO sunroofs. My suspicion was that this meant there would be more headroom.......and there was.....luckily (Four leaf clover truly makes them lucky). With the headroom issue out of the way, I agreed to buy the car that was/is at port. Hopefully it will get here soon as the wait will be painful.
I have a Ti with the sunroof, but I am only 5'8", so I haven't noticed that it takes up room. However, my Giulia is in for service and the base Giulia I was given as a loaner doesn't have a sunroof, and I could actually tell there was more headroom. I'm a sunroof guy, so I don't mind giving up the space, but until I drove one with no sunroof I never realized that there is a noticeable difference.

Reactions: GiuliaQV

·
Registered
423 Posts
Congrats OP!

I might miss a sunroof too, but carbon fiber roof is pretty cool in a bragging rights way...wish Alfa would offer an exposed carbon fiber roof option...

I want those Sparco seats too! I'm sure you'll be just peachy without them though...

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Unless you track the car a lot, the Sparco seats get old fast. I know people that wish they didn't have them in various cars because they claim they are not comfortable enough for every day driving.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
504 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats with your new Giulia. I too have a Giulia with the moonroof, and being 6'8" is indeed a bit tight, but the look of the car with the black roof and the nice features is worth it to me.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Welcome and congrats as well. Mine is somewhere between Cassino and here. 2 ships I saw approaching Civitavecchia today are now on their way to Livorno. I had no idea they docked in the meantime as I forgot to activate notices on my Marine Traffic account for them. I have like 12 RoRo carriers in my fleet now and it still ended up being too soon! I don't think my car will get loaded until after Monza GP.

Reactions: GiuliaQV
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.