Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can turn off the auto stop/start on the left of the console. I forgot to turn it off in this instance.

What happen was... I was coming to a stop sign and did a somewhat of a complete stop and i sorta punch it, getting to like 4k RPM then i get a light on the dash saying Auto Stop/Start Unavailable. The light does not go away until i shutoff the engine and back on.

Should i be worried? Anyone have experience something similar?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually i found the issue based on another thread.

Hood Latch issue... One side wasn't latched all the way.

"And remember, it doesn't latch in the middle, it has two latches, one on each side so you need to make sure they are both latched."

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I'm not sure. I haven't experienced this yet. Did the hood latch thing make a difference?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean... I can't say for sure if it did make a difference, but taken that the light came on when one of the latch was not close completely... not sure if it is a coincidence or it really does have something to do with the hood latch. I opened the hood and close it and made sure it's latched properly, but haven't driven it since, i'll find out if it comes on again.

From another post below. Someone indicated that the warning light may tie to the hood latch... so take it for what it is XD. It's a bit bizarre IMO that the Stop/Start function is tied to the hood in some fashion.

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/7...issues-problems/10274-stop-start-warning.html

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Hi Kirax,

I am glad my post helped you. This happened to me but the actual light error that I posted came on. The issue was the hood latch and when i closed it, it went away.

When you state the "Stop/Start system is unavailable" it can happen especially when your car is brand new, the battery is not fully charged and the system is not yet ready to stop and start your engine once you stop at a red light. My stop/start system was not available for the first 200 miles or so. So I will see a notification in stating it was not available when I would come to a stop and the system was not manually disabled.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi Kirax,

I am glad my post helped you. This happened to me but the actual light error that I posted came on. The issue was the hood latch and when i closed it, it went away.

When you state the "Stop/Start system is unavailable" it can happen especially when your car is brand new, the battery is not fully charged and the system is not yet ready to stop and start your engine once you stop at a red light. My stop/start system was not available for the first 200 miles or so. So I will see a notification in stating it was not available when I would come to a stop and the system was not manually disabled.
my experience was the same. unavailable intermittently first couple week or so of ownership and another time when I didnt realize the the hood essentially needs to be slammed shut.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
my experience was the same. unavailable intermittently first couple week or so of ownership and another time when I didnt realize the the hood essentially needs to be slammed shut.
That's what you get for showing off what's beneath it. :grin2:

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's what you get for showing off what's beneath it. :grin2:
i wish!!!! the first time I ever opened it (about a week into having it), my friends and some family were around to see it. Much to my regret, the bay was filthy of dust and pollen. The dealer didn't even bother. I guess that's what i get for buying a car during pollen season.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh ok. Thanks for everyone's input on this. I was freaking out xD especially since I had her for less than a day.

Racer Z, drives amazing. Was well worth the longggg wait that felt like forever. Turns a lot of head lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My Start&Stop Unavailable warning just came on.
646 miles.

I popped the hood and closed it, restarted and the light is gone now.

Mine is a QV

Attachments

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Start&Stop Unavailable warning just came on.
646 miles.

I popped the hood and closed it, restarted and the light is gone now.

Mine is a QV
I just had this happened to me today as well. Thanks to this forum, I knew exactly what happened as this was my first time ever open/close the hood since I purchased the car. Sure enough, left side of the latch did't latch properly. I guess I was being too gentle w/ her. So I stop the car, drop and push down the hood a bit harder, light went away. :wink2:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Vendors listening.... This is the solution on how to trick the Automatic start/stop is thru the hood latch. I said it before, this should be an easy programming thing.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
You mean like the one I took a picture of two days ago when my car froze on me and I had to have it towed?
No. The picture you got just states the stop/start feature is "unavailable" but you should still be able to drive your car (IF that is the only error message you received). It happened to me and it has happen to several forum members as well. The one that you dont want to have says stop/start system "failure"

Your message probably appeared due to an ulterior reason not necessarily due to the stop/start system itself as the main culprit.

Its the same as not having your hood probably latched and closed properly on both sides can trigger the stop/start unavailable message on your dash.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I thought it was just me

i wish!!!! the first time I ever opened it (about a week into having it), my friends and some family were around to see it. Much to my regret, the bay was filthy of dust and pollen. The dealer didn't even bother. I guess that's what i get for buying a car during pollen season.
So funny that you said this. When I took delivery of my Giulia, the salesman opened the hood to show me the location of the various fluid tanks, battery poles, etc. When he lifted the hood, the bay was filthy dirty and filled with dried leaves.

Reactions: neiltyme
1 - 20 of 26 Posts