Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plugged in the computer to see if I can figure out why my auto start/stop decided it didn't want to work anymore. Software states "temporary deactivation due to speed under 10kph". I can't figure out how to reset the system in the software. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I really doubt that's anything to do with auto start/stop not working...... There are a multitude of things that stop the system working, however 9 cases out of 10 it's insufficient charge in the battery (or bonnet not closed properly)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really doubt that's anything to do with auto start/stop not working...... There are a multitude of things that stop the system working, however 9 cases out of 10 it's insufficient charge in the battery (or bonnet not closed properly)
The software I have will specifically state the reason for deactivation. For example, upon initial start it will say oil temperature too low. If fuel is low, it will state fuel is too low. If hood is open, it will state hood open. But after all that it will always revert back to the speed warning, which is strange because it says BELOW 10kph. Stop/start activates while your stopped, so why would it disable for driving below a set speed?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
....... Stop/start activates while your stopped, so why would it disable for driving below a set speed?
I don't see why it would, so I suspect your software is incorrect ;)

However, here are the "official" conditions :

Attachments

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
It stopped working on my 2017 ti
Awesome !
I hate the engine shutting off every time the car stops !
Except it’s like a canary in a coal mine. If it’s not working, there’s likely another looming problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Except it’s like a canary in a coal mine. If it’s not working, there’s likely another looming problem.
Yes, exactly this. Mine stopped working, had no idea why. Turns out there was a short in my passenger side door handle. The dealer replaced the door handle and the auto start/stop started working again.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I plugged in the computer to see if I can figure out why my auto start/stop decided it didn't want to work anymore. Software states "temporary deactivation due to speed under 10kph". I can't figure out how to reset the system in the software. Any ideas?
The start stop only works after the vehicle has broken the 10kph barrier. It's kind of a convoluted description, but you have to drive the vehicle over 10kph and then check the S/S data. Usually, the flag that inhibits the Stop/Start is the IBS state(this is through Witech, not sure about MES). This will set if the vehicle does not detect a sufficient state of charge in the battery. If the battery has been recently recharged, it may take up to two nights of discharge to properly calculate your battery's state of charge, and reinitialize the S/S.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The start stop only works after the vehicle has broken the 10kph barrier. It's kind of a convoluted description, but you have to drive the vehicle over 10kph and then check the S/S data. Usually, the flag that inhibits the Stop/Start is the IBS state(this is through Witech, not sure about MES). This will set if the vehicle does not detect a sufficient state of charge in the battery. If the battery has been recently recharged, it may take up to two nights of discharge to properly calculate your battery's state of charge, and reinitialize the S/S.
It hasn't worked for many months now in pretty much any condition. I do have Eurocompulsion stage 2 tune. I'm wondering if they accidentally put the start/stop deactivation file in my tune even though I didn't request it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts