Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Can you please post a full description? We'll keep an eye out.

Color: Vesuvio Grey
Wheels/Color:
Brake Calipers:
Seats/Interior:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm in Washington, but I'll keep an eye out anyway. How was it stolen? Seems difficult to do without also stealing the key.

·
Registered
78 Posts
NO!!! that hurts my insides hearing that. I'm so sorry. I'm in Oakland, I'll keep an eye out. Never seen a gray one around here so it should stick out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they recover it in one piece.

Do you mind sharing how it was stolen? The only assumption was the key was in the car or they broke into your home to steal the key. If they didn't have the key, then there will be new cause for concern for a weak spot in the cars anti-theft system.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Sorry to hear...hoping for a quick recovery.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My QV was stolen yesterday. If you see a vesuvio gray in northern california or neighboring states, please message me.
Sorry to hear this. Spotted a Vesuvio Gray QV merging onto 280 N from Bird the other day, was that you? I'll keep my eye out, and may I ask do you know how it was stolen? Did they somehow acquire the key?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Color: Vesuvio Grey
Wheels/Color: Dark 5 whole
Brake Calipers: Red
Seats/Interior: Black, red sticthing

Unfortunately they stole the spare key from our other car

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Oh crap! I am sorry to hear this. And leaving the key in another car was a critical error. I have always tried to apply two levels of security on my cars. I have a club for the Ferrari as well as the security system. And then the spare key needs to be difficult to get to but possible for one who knows. I never, ever leave my keys in a car except at trusted valet stands who let me park it. The anti tow system works well and always bugs me when I am lifting the car ;) Do we have a battery kill switch for the Quad? How long did the car sit before it was stolen? (The key first - RATS!) If it was sitting with a battery switch off, you would be surprised how many "crafty" thieves are too dumb to figure that out. There was a great video of a 348 attempted theft in the Netherlands years ago. Duh! The 360 has a kill switch too ;)

Some yahoo careened up the street a few weeks ago and side swiped 2 cars. My neighbors Subaru, busting off a mirror and then POW, a Ford F150 and broke off the front wheel of the truck! DUDE!? And then they careened into the curb at the stop sign and tried to restart the car! Their front wheel was off, side skirt peeled back, bumper crushed, air bags deployed. I ran out without shoes yelled "Dude what the ***?" and then ran back to get them. When I got back he was gone. Cops said it was just stolen, then my neighbor with the truck said they think it was fraud and the owner was drunk. It came from up the street but was going the other way, like back home. Suspicious. They we able to fix it and I think the frame was OK. My frame guy could pull it if needed.

I got SVT tracking on mine and made a mirror tag from the original card and an Uber sleeve. You can still see it through the tint from outside and anyone who sits in the car will be "slapped in the face" with it. ;)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Don't Beat Yourself Up....

thats what you have insurance for....hopefully you don't get a call before the time limit is up...
may have been just a crime of opportunity??...looking for something in the other car and found the keys to the QV:confused:
IF this car was targeted by professionals....they are taking your car....been proven more times than not...
they actually moved my wife's car to get at mine:surprise:.....I had to laugh...
chin up OP

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hey, was it a 2017? If so, maybe you can get 2018 with Android Auto and Apple Car Play? :D

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
thats what you have insurance for....hopefully you don't get a call before the time limit is up...
may have been just a crime of opportunity??...looking for something in the other car and found the keys to the QV:confused:

IF this car was targeted by professionals....they are taking your car....been proven more times than not...
they actually moved my wife's car to get at mine:surprise:.....I had to laugh...
chin up OP
I don't think this was pros unless they knew they kept a spare set of keys to the QV in another car. That would have needed inside knowledge of that if they were targeting the QV. We keep all our spares in a "safe" place. :smile2:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I don't think this was pros unless they knew they kept a spare set of keys to the QV in another car. That would have needed inside knowledge of that if they were targeting the QV. We keep all our spares in a "safe" place. :smile2:
no not pros for certain...like I said just a crime of opportunity....likely looking for something else in the car and came across the keys....
my spare is in the sock-draw...LOL

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
chin up OP
I know the feeling. They moved the QV to steal my MINI:grin2:

·
Registered
630 Posts
If it was me I'd hope to never see the car again and instead collect a nice check from insurance and go buy another. Sure, you'll probably have to argue with them over the claim amount, but it's better than getting a stolen car back that's been subject to untold abuse and will forever be branded as a car that's been stolen and recovered, which will further hurt its resale value.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
If it was me I'd hope to never see the car again and instead collect a nice check from insurance and go buy another. Sure, you'll probably have to argue with them over the claim amount, but it's better than getting a stolen car back that's been subject to untold abuse and will forever be branded as a car that's been stolen and recovered, which will further hurt its resale value.
Yep. Didn't want to be the one to say it but I agree.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OP is there a plate on it? Sorry to hear that. Will keep an eye out in the North Bay for it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts