Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm kind of on the fence with this one. It does look nice but at the same time it looks kind of out of place. BUT that's in my opinion and it's your car! Just not something I would do personally.

·
Registered
138 Posts
It doesn't look bad, but doesn't do it for me. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Joining in with stuff from another thread but related to this one too, how do stickers/badges interact with a Paint Protection Film (PPF)?
I rather like the idea of adding a carbon fiber cloverleaf badge to a Ti Giulia (which would look good on a white car) in the Alfa Romeo tradition, but am concerned that it would create issues with a PPF such as puckering around the badge and making the PPF more visible around the edges of the badge.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well I like the AR shield there. I'd like it to be a bit bigger and move up higher near the A piller. But, it is in the traditional AR location.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Decided to put some Alfa stickers on my Giulia Ti where the vents go on a quad. Here are some pictures. Opinions?
Not an alfa owner yet..... so that it for what it is worth.......
I really don't think that minuscule sticker adds anything, but if you like it that is all that matters......

Salute!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Maybe the Quad sticker instead ? (even though it's not a quad, it is an Alfa)

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Decided to put some Alfa stickers on my Giulia Ti where the vents go on a quad. Here are some pictures. Opinions?
I like the placement and I am waiting for an emblem i ordered to place it probably in the same area as you. However, I am not a fan of the actual emblem you selected. The reason? the wheels already have the same emblem so it looks a bit off. Change the emblem to something else, the same location and it will look better. :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Seems as though it's a bit disproportionate to say a OEM Quad emblem. If you must put a decal there, I'd say maybe a larger one...

Still on the fence about appropriateness on a non Quad.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Quad sticker

If you're placing a sticker on an Alfa, it should be the 4 leaf clover in a white triangle on the lower half of the front fender behind the wheel well....it's tradition....placing it high on the fender as in the Quad would be a bit sketchy...but lower, as is classically done, would be IMHO, perfect.....D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
If you're placing a sticker on an Alfa, it should be the 4 leaf clover in a white triangle on the lower half of the front fender behind the wheel well....it's tradition....placing it high on the fender as in the Quad would be a bit sketchy...but lower, as is classically done, would be IMHO, perfect.....D
I personally have mixed feelings on this. Yes, the triangle w/clover started as a good luck symbol. Later became homage to a fellow AR driver who died racing. Eventually it became what we know it to be today, the mark of an extra performance car.

If AR didn't already have a Giulia Quadrifoglio, I'd be tempted to put a triangle w/clover on my Ti. But, since they do, this would be more the act of a poser, trying to trick people into thinking the car is something it's not.

When I was in High School, it was common to buy an old Tempest and put GTO emblems on it. Both cars shared the same body, but under the hood they were two different animals. Some even sold as a GTO because they could get a higher price. Buyer beware.

A serpent done right would look cool!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes...the serpent would be another cool option....occasionally Alfa has used the Quadrifoglio designation as a top end variant with no performance enhancement (Series 3 Spiders had a Quad derivative that was just a trim package...aerodynamic skirts, special seats and carpets and a factory hardtop)

Reactions: Racer Z

·
Registered
953 Posts
I am not too sure about this. Imagine parking your TI with the added four leaf clover badge next to a real Quadrifoglio in a car meet? :crying: it will raise more questions than actual accolades.

The emblem i choose is pictured below. I will be placing it around the same area as OP but I will first use painters tape to temporarily hold it in place. I will look at the placement from different angles. Look at it from afar, move it around and once I have chosen the perfect location, I will remove the adhesive cover and permanently place it on the car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to agree that my choice of sticker is not ideal now. I'd love a serpent. Green is a little odd on the blue car. The Madness one looks cool but reminds me of Audi S badging somehow. I do like my location better than higher up- I think higher works on the QV because it has the vent which caps the accent lines nicely. I guess that's what I was trying to do with the sticker location...

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have to agree that my choice of sticker is not ideal now. I'd love a serpent. Green is a little odd on the blue car. The Madness one looks cool but reminds me of Audi S badging somehow. I do like my location better than higher up- I think higher works on the QV because it has the vent which caps the accent lines nicely. I guess that's what I was trying to do with the sticker location...
To add, the Quadrifoglio's fenders actually have a depression where the four leaf clover emblem is placed so its almost flushed to the fender. This of course is not achievable on Base Giulia or TI. This may change when more after market parts become available and they start making the fenders with the depression so you may add the clover emblem flushed to the fender.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts