Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've posted elsewhere that my wife's Jag has a serious electrical issue and we are in process of having it bought back. I mentioned this to our Alfa dealer, and she offered a Stelvio to us for an extended test drive (she feels terrible about how long it's taking for my Quadrifoglio to get here, and it's great salesmanship). We picked up a fairly loaded Ti yesterday. I love it. I have been dying to drive another Alfa to see if I agree with the nit picks I have read about and watched on videos.
1) I have no problem modulating brakes at slow speed, and no problem coming to smooth stop.
2) The blinker noise is absolutely fine with me, and the sound is a pleasant mechanical sound.
3) Every reviewer who is unable to turn off the blinker manually should see a doctor.
4) The plastic around the shifter is fine, the shifter is a bit outta place in this car.
5) Dash top is robust, but the finish is a bit odd for a car of this nature. I must say that this doesn't bother me a bit, but I can see how it would put some people off.

With regards to the drive, it is brilliant, and the 2.0 engine is strong. I really enjoyed driving it very much. The sticker was 53ish, and so to compare it to a 77ish fpace is unfair, but from a drive standpoint both are fun. The Jag is more relaxed, and less pointy. I preferred the Alfa, but my wife likes the Jag better. I completely see her point here. From a luxury standpoint the Jag wins. Looks are subjective, but we both think the fpace is among the most beautiful cars on the road. The power delivery from the Jag is less frenetic as well. Being based on xf, the fpace is a bit larger as well. So depending on how things go with Jag, I suspect we will end up in another Fpace.

At the end of the day the thing I learned most is that all of us current and hopefully future giulia owners are a lucky bunch. I can't wait to get my hands on my Quadrifoglio.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
From luxury perspective lusso pack with light wood and leather dash and doors would make wonders in bringing the interior feel closer to Jag.....I saw on Stelvio forum that no Lusso is in US yet, weird...

Congrats on your new Stelvio! Some pics would be great too

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
agree on the lusso package, it should be here, it should be available on quads too.

with the waits everyone has on ordered cars, and me still waiting to even be able to order a stelvio quad, I'm starting to think a Urus could be had quicker, with whatever interior and color I wanted.
of course that financial samurai thing would advise against such extravagance, but at a certain age the time value of enjoyable life might be more important than the time value of not being enjoyed money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.