Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Stelvio "stop sale" in effect until April 21st. There is an issue with a body control module wiring getting wet. Alfa Romeo is taking care of it proactively.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Go ahead, flip a table over. :D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I picked up a Stelvio Ti Sport on March 31st ....It was a great deal and included a factory incentive (among MANY) that expired on the 31st.....Apparently there are two issues and they both involve "water intrusion"....the "A" pillar and the aforementioned lift gate.....apparently there's a harness or module that will corrode and in the case of the lift gate, it will open at speed making your cargo "projectiles"....I don't think they had any option but to be pro-active here as this is a "public safety" issue....My only concern is that the "fix" involves more insulation and the company directive states that "repair parts are not available as of yet" .......we're talking about insulation here....

Oh well, I'm all in at this point....FORZA ALFA BABY !!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There is a Stelvio "stop sale" in effect until April 21st. There is an issue with a body control module wiring getting wet. Alfa Romeo is taking care of it proactively.
April 21st? Of what year?
:crying:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Be Patty Positive Not Negative Nancy (I have an exclusive on Negative Nancy). This is the stuff that happens. I have yet to have a car that has not had recalls. I had more recalls with my Toyotas although I did have them longer. Growing pains
MINIME, I'm just joking around. I'm sure that they will tell the Dealerships that they will get the Stelvio "fix" to them as soon as possible. Just like the fix for the inoperative Apple Car Play - Android Auto feature that (still) doesn't work in the hundreds of early build MY18 Giulias.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Pretty sure I told my dealer like 10 times that their Stelvio courtesy vehicle had issues with the lift-gate. I kept getting a "Can't open liftgate while car is moving". As soon as I would stop it would open automatically. They didn't give a flying )*()@#$ about it. This is Evanston, IL Dealership.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
the "fix " on our "might catch on fire and burn" BMW recall is still outstanding, we were notified of this issue about six months ago.

A possible water leak with repairs covered under warranty, or frigging carplay which I am getting even though I have no interest in it, don't really seem like issues to me.

what I do see as an issue is that the dealers will be unable to sell vehicles to people who want them until this is resolved, which is not good for anybody, even if it is the most "proactive" solution to avoid possible issues and complaints on some vehicles under certain circumstances.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't think they are legally allowed to sell a car with known serious safety defects, so the pro-active part can be taken with a grain of salt. It is clear that Alfa is being responsible in this matter, unlike some other car manufacturers who deny and minimize as long as possible (GM and defective ignition switches comes to mind).

This also explains why you can't even get a test drive in one since it is a safety matter.

I suspect the delay in getting the parts is that they have to test to make sure whatever they come up with works. This takes time. If they are smart they will come up with a fix that can be accomplished with generic materials rather than fabricating new parts in Italy and shipping them to dealers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
the "fix " on our "might catch on fire and burn" BMW recall is still outstanding, we were notified of this issue about six months ago.

A possible water leak with repairs covered under warranty, or frigging carplay which I am getting even though I have no interest in it, don't really seem like issues to me.

what I do see as an issue is that the dealers will be unable to sell vehicles to people who want them until this is resolved, which is not good for anybody, even if it is the most "proactive" solution to avoid possible issues and complaints on some vehicles under certain circumstances.
what BMW do you have that 'might catch fire and burn?'

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't think they are legally allowed to sell a car with known serious safety defects, so the pro-active part can be taken with a grain of salt. It is clear that Alfa is being responsible in this matter, unlike some other car manufacturers who deny and minimize as long as possible (GM and defective ignition switches comes to mind).

This also explains why you can't even get a test drive in one since it is a safety matter.

I suspect the delay in getting the parts is that they have to test to make sure whatever they come up with works. This takes time. If they are smart they will come up with a fix that can be accomplished with generic materials rather than fabricating new parts in Italy and shipping them to dealers.
" The Home Depot - you can do it, we can help !" :)

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
"what BMW"
on the stelvio forum others have mentioned recalls on porsche (fuel leak) and audi with different reasons but same possible results.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is that the one where BMW advises not to park the car in the garage because if it catches fire, they don't want to be liable for the destruction of your house and any injuries/deaths? I got that one for my 328i. BMW's getting around to figuring out the fix for that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts