Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
So, had a 4C which was a blast but just too hard to live with on a daily basis and wife got annoyed that I was always using her car to haul my bicycles in.

So last weekend picked up a stelvio, it's a great car and can haul a bike. Sat in a Giulia at the dealership and really really wished I could've gotten a Giulia but doesn't really work for this security of caring a bike.

Any rate thought I'd join here just to keep up with the alfa community, pretty strong forum here. On the stelvio forum haven't broken 200 members yet, still a pretty new car.

Chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! Stelvio is a beauty. I haven't seen a single one on road yet in Vancouver. Dare to be different!

Have fun with ur new baby. Btw u could have considered a roof bike rack on a giulia lol would look so baller in a strange way!

You should share a photo!

·
Banned
2 Posts
A warning to anyone considering a stelvio! I've had one for three years now and I can't believe what has gone wrong. Everything from my engine oil blowing all of its gaskets, to my current problem with my brakes. Apparently, stelvio brake parts are impossible to come by. My cars been in the shop for 6 weeks now just waiting on parts. So frustrating to pay so much for something and not be able to use it.

Don't be swayed by it's good looks - go to Audi or BMW

HI All,
So, had a 4C which was a blast but just too hard to live with on a daily basis and wife got annoyed that I was always using her car to haul my bicycles in.

So last weekend picked up a stelvio, it's a great car and can haul a bike. Sat in a Giulia at the dealership and really really wished I could've gotten a Giulia but doesn't really work for this security of caring a bike.

Any rate thought I'd join here just to keep up with the alfa community, pretty strong forum here. On the stelvio forum haven't broken 200 members yet, still a pretty new car.

Chris

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
2,433 Posts
A warning to anyone considering a stelvio! I've had one for three years now and I can't believe what has gone wrong. Everything from my engine oil blowing all of its gaskets, to my current problem with my brakes. Apparently, stelvio brake parts are impossible to come by. My cars been in the shop for 6 weeks now just waiting on parts. So frustrating to pay so much for something and not be able to use it.

At least try and make some sense ...your engine oil blew all its gaskets? Maybe research what really happened as it may be a dealership issue.

Also brake parts are very inexpensive for these cars and a cheap and easy diy. Sounds like another dealership issue.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

two posts and you sound like a troll. My 4c was flawless. my stelvio was also problem free, and bought a new giuilia a year ago I dearly love. NO issues with it either. Sorry you've apparently had misfortune. It's not been remotely my
experiecne

·
Registered
943 Posts
two posts and you sound like a troll. My 4c was flawless. my stelvio was also problem free, and bought a new giuilia a year ago I dearly love. NO issues with it either. Sorry you've apparently had misfortune. It's not been remotely my View attachment 104207 experiecne
Yes sounds like a troll to me. Blew all gaskets???. Maybe if evidence (photo) of ownership but I can't see that happening. Probably some BMW fan boy

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,465 Posts
Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Whoever he was he's been banned from the forum...
Must've posted something even worse than what I've read here.
Love mine! 2018, bought last November.
I've put about 9500 miles on it with no real issues.
Montecarlo blue? My wife has that color too (Lusso with Crema interior).
I knew the answer when I asked the question. I took the plant tour there and visited the museum in 1986. I didn't understand a word, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I knew the answer when I asked the question. I took the plant tour there and visited the museum in 1986. I didn't understand a word, and enjoyed it thoroughly.
Oh, I know. It was just funny that it was already a meme (if you look at the bottom of the map).

When I visited Sweden you couldn’t find anyone that DIDN’T speak English.

I had a Saab in the past and wished I took advantage of their European delivery program.

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Oh, I know. It was just funny that it was already a meme (if you look at the bottom of the map).

When I visited Sweden you couldn’t find anyone that DIDN’T speak English.

I had a Saab in the past and wished I took advantage of their European delivery program.
Lots of people spoke English, just not in the plant.
The shadow knows.

Nice Swedish colors, BTW.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Q4
437 Posts
two posts and you sound like a troll. My 4c was flawless. my stelvio was also problem free, and bought a new giuilia a year ago I dearly love. NO issues with it either. Sorry you've apparently had misfortune. It's not been remotely my View attachment 104207 experiecne
Doesn’t look like a Stelvio to me... do you have both now? 👍

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
138 Posts
Must've posted something even worse than what I've read here.
Montecarlo blue? My wife has that color too (Lusso with Crema interior).
They posted the exact same posts on the Stelvio forum.. Also banned there . 😅

Yes, Montecarlo blue, chocolate interior.
Love it! That Crema looks so nice too!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts