Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my Giulia off to get the right side headlight assembly changed. Big job, the front bumper must come off. They gave me a brand new Stelvio Q4 as a loaner. Wonderful SUV. They gave it to me in "A". I immediately put it in "D".>:)

Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The turn signal blew out along with the Daytime running lights after going through a deep puddle. $3,000 part. Glad it's covered.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
****!! Is your fender lining in properly? 3k. You must have the motorized light option.
Yes and yes. I was told by the service department they have seen this before. I told them that I had a clear bra on the car. I'm afraid of careless techs when it comes to scratching up the car. They put a 1" verticle scratch in the right side rocker last time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had a Stelvio rental for a recent business trip in the French Alps. It was amazingly capable in some pretty nasty conditions. I don't know that I would take it through the Rubicon Trail, but it seems to me to be capable of handling anything winter can throw at it.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,441 Posts
Is the Stelvio an SUV or a tall wagon? I find the distinction has become increasingly elusive.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still call them trucks>:)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Joking aside, it is a great vehicle. It handles better than most of the cars I've had.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"it's size"
"tall wagon"
"truck"

overall I view it more like an audi all road - it is within a few cm in length and width of the giulia, so hardly larger. yes, taller, and a chunk of that is ground clearance, that some might reduce to giulia qv levels.

so the body is a a few inches taller, and for that you get a (opinion here) better (road) driving position, improved front visibility, the "door in the wrong place" issue is lessened, back seat foot room improved, more cargo area, and in the US a tow rating. Curt is making a nice class II for it (on stelvio forum). rear visibility on both is bad so they both have cameras.

issues - you are stuck with AWD all of the time, trade off is better acceleration up to legal speed limits, and on the QV you give up 20mph in top speed, which likely isn't much of an issue for most.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
"it's size"
"tall wagon"
"truck"

overall I view it more like an audi all road - it is within a few cm in length and width of the giulia, so hardly larger. yes, taller, and a chunk of that is ground clearance, that some might reduce to giulia qv levels.

so the body is a a few inches taller, and for that you get a (opinion here) better (road) driving position, improved front visibility, the "door in the wrong place" issue is lessened, back seat foot room improved, more cargo area, and in the US a tow rating. Curt is making a nice class II for it (on stelvio forum). rear visibility on both is bad so they both have cameras.

issues - you are stuck with AWD all of the time, trade off is better acceleration up to legal speed limits, and on the QV you give up 20mph in top speed, which likely isn't much of an issue for most.
You also get a 12v outlet on the dash and dual USBs in the rear, don't forget that!

I do agree that the roomier cabin of Stelvio is nicer for occupants. I only did a 2 year lease on my Giulia in part to be ready for the rumored, bigger, Ghibli-based Alfa sedan to come. I should like that, I think.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I'm not at all dialed into the rumor and leak scene, but I've seen media reports on both a coupe and bigger sedan slated for MY20, so we may both get our "druthers."

It'd be pretty exciting to see what Alfa styling on a Ghibli-sized sedan could look like; I'm no fan of the Ghibli, anyway...not that I can afford one, which is another reason a down-market Alfa take would be appealing to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts