Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the pics. I've been pondering some of these upgrades myself. Sometimes I think the designers have a good balance between the black with silver accents and other times it just seems too much black-- and too much plastic. In your pics, it looks like the silver matches pretty well... is that true in real life?

Separate... in the earlier post of the steering wheel trim the pictures make it look like there might have been some wear on the button surround. Did it really show visible wear so soon or is that just a photo artifact?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
All pieces came immaculate. No blemishes. There was kind of a light film that smudges around because i didnt clean them with iso like i should have. Will do that soon but I'm happy with the pieces. Final piece coming is the carbon fiber shift knob cover. Cuz feeling that plastic all the time isnt nice. I also kind of want to put a small patch of carbon fiber wrap on the trigger button just cuz of the feel.

Thats gonna be it tho. I love the interior. Just a bit too much black plastic for my preference.

Oic the start button. It's just light glinting off stuff, it looks perfectly neat in real life.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,153 Posts
For driving at night on dark roads I strongly prefer dark, non-reflective surfaces in the interior of the car. There are already enough reflections coming off the window glass plus lights on the dash and mirrors to want any more "light noise".

The brushed black plastic may not be "pretty" but it is highly functional in this regard. Even though the CF is black, it is highly reflective and not as good for night driving as the black plastic.

I just bought the MOPAR CF grill and noticed that the "aluminum" badge surround is actually an aluminum finish on plastic. I am suspicious that the aluminum trim parts that come with the sport interior package are the same. My experience with metallic finishes on plastic has not been good. Are the ebay parts metal, or metal coated plastic?

FWIW: the Mopar CF grill feels substantial and heavy, but actually weighs in at only 1.1 pounds for the grill (with metal nut inserts for mounting), V, and badge.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are plastic, same material as the other interior trim. Not reflective nor noticeable while driving at night. Won't fade because I don't really touch those parts. However when i place my thumb on the trim on steering wheel, the tactile feel is nicer than the black plastic was. No one will ever notice except me but it does bring me some visual happiness. That's good enough for me :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of the Ebay vendors is now carrying similar parts in Carbon Fiber. I'm thinking about trying it out.

They don't have these steering wheel trim pieces in CF yet, but I saw they have the HVAC cover and some steering wheel surround covers that go over the round part of the wheel.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are plastic, same material as the other interior trim. Not reflective nor noticeable while driving at night. Won't fade because I don't really touch those parts. However when i place my thumb on the trim on steering wheel, the tactile feel is nicer than the black plastic was. No one will ever notice except me but it does bring me some visual happiness. That's good enough for me :)
Hey Kaevman,

I agree with you, I think it gives the steering wheel a better finished look. Ordered from ebay for $20.00 Throw away price if I don't like it. Thanks for the pics!

P

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
nice additions.

the china ebay sellers for add-on's are a great resource.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How thick would you say they are Kaevman? do they make pressing the steering wheel buttons a bit awkward or difficult at all?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts